[3.10] EpicFail42's Loot Filter - DISCONTINUED

Heya, I'm really a noob in changing things in the text file. In Harbinger league, I wish to find close helmets (specifically) because of the spike in price of the Baron helmet and I am pretty sure the loot filter doesn't show any drop (white base anyway). How do I change it so it lets me show? I really want one of these to chance
"
Serale wrote:
Heya, I'm really a noob in changing things in the text file. In Harbinger league, I wish to find close helmets (specifically) because of the spike in price of the Baron helmet and I am pretty sure the loot filter doesn't show any drop (white base anyway). How do I change it so it lets me show? I really want one of these to chance

First, you find out the exact name (just to be extra sure there would be no mistakes). https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Baron says "Close Helmet". Then you open the filter with any text editor (say, Windows Notepad, or something similar), so it would preserve the text format, and would not try to convert it into some "document".

Then you go to the section "Chance items" (line 291 for the filter version 23) and notice that below this line there are multiple examples of items to show. I'd recommend going to line 310 and adding "Close Helmet" to it, so it would read:

BaseType "Sorcerer Boots" "Occultist's Vestment" "Leather Belt" "Close Helmet"

Save, exit, reload filter - and you're done :)

Alternatively, you can you one of filter editing tools - Filtration or FilterBlast. They offer a GUI to do these things, but for such a simple change they are probably a bit overkill. For more extensive customization they are nice, though, so I added extra support for them in the filter code.
Oooh thanks a bunch! I just added it to the line 310 thing and hopefully I didn't mess that up xD
Another league (Abyss), another minor filter change. There is no indication yet how useful Shaper and Elder Items are going to be and how often they are going to drop, but, after all, they are the new league stuff, so, for now, I've made them big and loud, just like any other league-related stuff (all those splinters, leaguestones, silver coins)... If there would be too many such items dropping and nobody picking them up - I'll change something to make them less annoying.

Another new base, the Stygian Vise belt, probably belongs to the list of Atlas bases, so it's always shown at any rarity.

There are other new things (for example, new kind of Jewels), but all Jewels are already big and loud enough to be picked up and identified, so nothing needs to be done here. The same goes for "shaped maps" (they are still maps of the appropriate tier and colour).

Good luck, exiles, in the Abyss!
"
EpicFail42 wrote:
Another league (Abyss), another minor filter change. There is no indication yet how useful Shaper and Elder Items are going to be and how often they are going to drop, but, after all, they are the new league stuff, so, for now, I've made them big and loud, just like any other league-related stuff (all those splinters, leaguestones, silver coins)... If there would be too many such items dropping and nobody picking them up - I'll change something to make them less annoying.

Another new base, the Stygian Vise belt, probably belongs to the list of Atlas bases, so it's always shown at any rarity.

There are other new things (for example, new kind of Jewels), but all Jewels are already big and loud enough to be picked up and identified, so nothing needs to be done here. The same goes for "shaped maps" (they are still maps of the appropriate tier and colour).

Good luck, exiles, in the Abyss!

I personally hate many, many of neversink decisions (he shaped the meta and financial gains for much more people than it's comfortable to admit), but I just can't play with other color palettes. If you or other content creators could provide a way to just change colors, I would be elated to finally switch
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
"
I personally hate many, many of neversink decisions (he shaped the meta and financial gains for much more people than it's comfortable to admit), but I just can't play with other color palettes. If you or other content creators could provide a way to just change colors, I would be elated to finally switch

Check out some tools for filter customization. My filter has some support for Filtration and FilterBlast - both offer fairly reasonable ways to customize the palette. As a bonus you may change other things, and in a few leagues we'll get one more public filter to choose from :-)
"
EpicFail42 wrote:
"

Check out some tools for filter customization. My filter has some support for Filtration and FilterBlast - both offer fairly reasonable ways to customize the palette. As a bonus you may change other things, and in a few leagues we'll get one more public filter to choose from :-)

can you expand the last thing?
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
You will start to modify a filter, to make it better, discover that it's not a rocket science - and at some point it will be different and useful enough to release it to other exiles :-) Perhaps there are a lot of people who need things to be just like you want, so if you make a good filter, don't forget to release it and update it.
Bestiary. Another league, another cosmetic release to make new orbs/nets bigger. No important changes this time.
Incursion. Sorry for a couple days of delay, personal matters interfered a bit. This time GGG gave us some interesting toys to play with.

First of all - don't worry, you didn't miss anything by not updating; as usual, everything is still shown as is should be in the old versions of the filter. Still, some new things could be made a bit bigger and louder. So, Incursion Items and vials are now treated as league items. Also, I made skill gems >= 19 level bigger.

And, just in case there are drops of identified rare items somewhere now, I included them in the identified group (they would be small, just like identified magic items). It's located in such a way that normal treatments of rares should, in theory, handle everything regardless if it's identified. Still, some people (me included) tend to turn rares off, fully or partially, while MF'ing, so this is supposed to be a "backup" for such cases.

Note that I did not include all the Incursion Specific Mods that could only drop in some encounters in the temple. They drop in such a way that you will naturally stop and look at them, so no need for the lootfilter to highlight them specifically. Correct me if I'm wrong here, of course :-)

Also, I made no attempt to create a huge filter highlighting all T1/T2 mods for items dropped with Cloak of Tawm'r Isley - too exotic, too personal for each player who decides to do that, etc.
Last edited by EpicFail42 on Jun 3, 2018, 7:47:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info