[3.10] EpicFail42's Loot Filter - DISCONTINUED

Delve. As usual, no worries, everything should just work, as usual, even if you didn't update. No major changes this time.

First of all - while I would definitely try to do something about the custom sounds, it will not be right now. Not enough time before the league starts, and, frankly, I have no idea where one could get a huge library of good free sounds. I promise that at some point (hopefully soon) I will try to do something about the sounds, and will post the results.

If you want to help with the sounds and could point me to a free sound library or even to a list of the sounds from such library that you consider perfect, just post here, and I'll take a look at them.

Also, the changes look a bit strange, and it's difficult to predict how the filter would look before we have a working game with the new features. For example, if you look at the sample picture at http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public/news/2018-08-29/Icons.png with the map icons you can see that the colours are: blue, green, violet, red, cyan, yellow. How that corresponds to the official colours (Red, Green, Blue, Brown, White, Yellow) listed at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201188 - sorry, but I have no idea at all.

I did my best to provide some beams and icons with more or less consistent colours, shapes and sizes for major stuff and added the new items (fossils and resonators) to the appropriate lists so they would be bigger and louder.

The new reliquary key needed no changes, and, in general, everything should just work. Of course, if I made a typo somewhere - we'll know when the league starts :-)
The today's clarification from GGG https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9b7l5j/-/e52h1u3/?context=3 (just in case you've seen it and are worrying about it) is in no way relevant to this filter :-)

The change to the currency type is not a problem - the filter does not look into sub-types.

The picture with nice purple and cyan was outdated, so we'll see how Brown and White look in the game when the league starts.

Oh, and the whole thing with the maps would be worth investigating maybe after we have the game and can see how it works. The current code in the filter uses good old DropLevel to separate the maps into three categories (White, Yellow, Red), and while there could be some improvements in regards to the shaped/elder maps, etc (there are some inconsistencies about the way they are handled by the game), it will have to wait for a bit. Hopefully the new system works better in these cases, and I'll include it in the next version.
my fiance and i are about a month in to our PoE journey, and this is the item filter we picked. wanted something that wasn't outrageously different visually from what we've so quickly become accustomed to.

thanks a bunch for this!
Don't know if you know and if this affect your filter:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a3st4i/filter_information_important_information_for/

You make my favorite filter. :)

Sorry for bad English.
This league we have quite a few new things which I cannot really test properly before they are released (such as those maps changes - thanks for them, BTW!, new temporary kind of effects on drops, veiled mods, redone atlas, scarabs). So, even though (as usual) the filter is going to work just fine as it is in the previous version, I plan to test the changes and release the new version a few hours in the league. Just check this thread tomorrow ;-)

As usual, I'll do my best to make sure you don't have to update the filter too often and never miss anything important.
As promised, the new filter has been posted. Maps and veiled items are the only two things that warranted changes. Temporary effects don't look useful (they don't really help you choosing and picking stuff up), scarabs are already big and noticeable enough (being Map Fragments), so... Good luck with you investigations, exiles!
Synthesis league loot filter information has been posted, and it looks like there is no need for any changes in the filter. Maybe Fractured and/or Synthesized items need to be a bit bigger and shinier, maybe not, so I might release a new version a few hours/days in the league, but for now it doesn't seem useful.
In a few days we'll see a month-long league, and it's a good time to present a set of minor changes to make end-game farming a bit more comfortable.

In Synthesis I played a lot (by my own standards) and discovered a few things that could be improved.

1. While at the very beginning you are starved for transmutation and augmentation orbs, there is no real need to pick every orb in end-game. It's still useful to see them (if you don't carry some with you) to roll strongboxes, but when you have a thousand or two waiting in your currency tab, there is no need to have them as prominent as they are.
2. The same (to a lesser degree) goes to armorer's and blacksmith's orbs - they are useful for chisel recipe, but it's still limited by the number of low-level maps you're willing to convert to chisels, so at some point you tend to stop collecting them.
3. In deep delves, memories and high-level strongboxes you get iLvl 86+ items which are THE bases for crafting. Even though I've provided a sample section for customizing your loot with an iLvl 84 Hubris Circlet as an example, I believe 86+ are rare and important enough to always show them - small font (there could be a lot of them in the same place), but unusual pink border.
4. When I farm in late-game, I hide general rares (as long as I'm not collecting them for Chaos recipe), it's easy enough (just change "Show" to "Hide" on three rares-related blocks), but has one undesirable effect: it also hides identified rares, which (in certain places) drop with league modifiers - Aspect of some beast, etc.

So, here's the list of changes:
1. transmutation, augmentation, armorer's and blacksmith's orbs are the same size as scrolls (I would've left them big while your level is low, but they do not have ItemLevel to be filtered on, so it's impossible)
2. items of iLvl > 85 are always shown, small, with pink border and no noise
3. added an "insurance block" that always shows identified rares (without recipe border)
Sorry for a last-second update just before the league, but GGG messed up a bit and published some incorrect info about the new items in Legion. Nothing important, but if you want them to be a bit bigger - download the new version (v31), please.
Hi, EpicFail42,

Sorry, I don't speak English, is Google translation.

Finally I can say thank you, your item filter is my favorite filter. He shows everything that is very important to me and what I need. Thank you very much :))

I've improved him a bit though, If an RGB bottle falls, then a bottle can be heard falling, or if a chaos sphere falls, it is said "CHAOS ORB" or if an exalted falls, or an Orb of Alchemy, that's all said.

Or if maps fall, way maps are displayed on the map weis, yellow maps yellow and red maps red :)

Otherwise, very good work, I love your itemfilter :)))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info