An Item Filter for the Discerning Exile | Ancestors Release | Spectre Filter Alpha

Here is the Alpha for Spectre, see the tutorial in my comment on the middle of the linked page with all the collapsed spoilers

Default: https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/jLnNq2iJ
Ruthless: https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Vprx0qFM

PS https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/dNYydAsx
PS+Ruthless https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/kkgNN3tN

Xbox https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/J4mDMziX
Xbox+Ruthless https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/QYezz3tZ

Welcome to Spirit's old forum thread! This item filter is being replaced with a much cleaner, more organized, and richer and more diverse filter which is currently called Spectre (working title) and doesn't have a dedicated thread yet.

Spirit/Spectre is designed by a longtime player (me) to guide the character-building process through a series of overlaid highlights using the Continue function of the item filter syntax. I possess sufficient game knowledge to have discovered the vendor recipe for the Star of Wraeclast unique amulet -
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1651961/page/7

- but I'm no programmer and write this out in Notepad++.

------------------

Spirit is not economy based, highlighting based on context (arealevel, related bases, variability), scarcity, and usefulness instead.

This makes it particularly suited for SSF, though the features are generally useful.

------------------

SPIRIT Examples (If you want to see a specific item highlight let me know)
Spoiler
Spoiler
Example of some rares while leveling (Act 2 Oversoul)

Spoiler
Level 21 20% Active Gem

Spoiler
Monster level 81 Delve. Dots on the left of the item nameplate indicate up-to-date, outdated, or accessory. Also points out some base defence highlights. May need to open image in another tab to expand it.

Spoiler

4L background, mybuild border+beam, perfect base defence text, sized as up-to-date

Spoiler
Corruptions (White border is white socket)

Spoiler
Level 77 Twilight Temple

Spoiler
Here is an example that sets up the filter for 2 handed melee. In the Armours tab you'd similarly toggle ARUpgrade, ESUpgrade, or other defensive options based on what you use (toggle off checkboxes for slots you don't need upgrades for, DO NOT leave an input completely empty anywhere in the filter or it'll reset that option - ie leave ARUpgrade as Remove instead of Show with all boxes empty if you're not using AR bases)

------------------

Core Features for Spirit: (Not a full list)
Spoiler

-Base Defence filtering (the text brightness of a base indicates its roll for non-unique armours)

-Obsolete Item filtering begins hiding items from level 3 onward, with primary brackets every 4ish levels until endgame

-Level Aware (see if your items need to be upgraded by dropping them every once in a while)

-Recipe highlights (chromatic items, 6S items, quality equipment, hammers, flasks, 6s, etc) - Note: Quality equipment and the chaos/regal recipes are disabled by Default.

-Tutorial highlights for smooth gearing (resist rings to remind you of primary damage types before Act Bosses)

-Racing highlights for efficient looting (Movespeed boots get a beam, early 3L and leveling 4 linked items get minimap icons)

-No "dangerous" Hide blocks to cull trash, trash is designated as trash and unfiltered items show with limited highlights (Kalandra league technically didn't require any changes on my end to avoid hiding good items but obviously it appears better with custom highlights)

-A lot of miscellaneous highlights for things like demigod items, quest items that lead to passive points, white sockets and corrupted mods, brick bases (bases available for crafting only after vendoring 5 bricked rares of that base together)

-Open to experimental features (when affix filtering comes back it'll include an augmentation recipe highlight and maybe an alch shard highlight, looking into a section to highlight maps you want hideouts from and dangerous maps)

Spoiler
FilterBLAST Customization: (Outdated, site is down)
Spoiler

-Customizable affix filtering <WILL RETURN>
Spoiler
Affix filtering is integrated, identifying whether an item has affixes of a type that disqualify it (per your settings) or whether its mods are outdated - remaining sensitive to the bases you utilize and whether they are also up to date in the given area.

-Build highlights and filtering (Set item strictness down to specific item types - could hypothetically hunt a specific atlas base and little else)

-Flask Toggles for life/mana/utility for geared characters

-Improved Co-op play if everyone is using a customized filter, though non-equipment is likely to overlap (as will similar builds).

------------------

The default preset doesn't know what your build is, so it will show you all up to date rare bases by default while leveling. If you feel it's showing too many items you can likely tighten your settings with the other presets or customization - or just ride it out until those items hide (in some cases this may be only an Area level or two).

Spoiler
Spirit+ heavily utilized Dissolator's special FilterBLAST syntax to provide an interface for intense customization, unfortunately the site is down as of Nov 2023.

(README)
Spoiler

Spoiler
Methodology:
Symbols
Circle - Equipment
Diamond - Currency
Kite - Gems
Teardrop - Flasks
Pentagon - Jewels
Cross - Linked
Hexagon - Modifier (Affixes, Enchantments, Corruptions)
Star - Unique
Moon - Fragments
Square - Maps
Triangle - League
UpsideDownHouse - Anomalies

Colors
Common - Grey
Uncommon - White
Rare - Blue
Very Rare - Yellow
Special - Orange
Priority - Brown
Bad (small) or Dangerous (larger) - Red
Racing - Cyan
Build - Pink
Weird - Purple
Green - Progression/Recipe

This applies most strongly to Beams and Minimap Icons, then to Backgrounds, and lastly to border/text color (text brightness on Armours relates to Base Defences, border on equipment relates to item level and recipe validity as well as other properties like being mirrored.)

There are exceptions (most notably equipment as the next spoiler reveals, and jewels).

Spoiler
Equipment Icon Colors
Grey Circle - Up to date item
White circle - accessories
Blue circle - maraketh+minion base
Yellow circle - endgame base (think of it as an upgrade from grey)
Orange circle - atlas base+stygian
Cyan circle - racing item
Pink circle - build selection
Purple circle - ilvl 100 or weird bases
Green circle - chromatic item

Spoiler
Filter Workflow: Basic Gear > Your Build > Base Defences > Obsolete Gear > Recipes and Special Bases > Currency > Fragments and Maps > Leagues and Misc Additions > Uniques > Legacy Section

Spoiler
Currency that is hidden by the filter retains a minimap icon. If this is an issue lmk but I find it more useful than not with the current filter. The same goes for hidden endgame bases (yellow circle)

Spoiler
Organization of the filter code itself is still very WIP, a lot of mechanics are shoehorned in wherever visibility made sense.

Spoiler
If anyone's curious about the sub count being so low but the thread having lots of pages, the filter has existed for a while and the website versions haven't. I also am really terrible at networking :)

Due to Filterblast going down, I need to reconfigure my approach to the filter. Do not expect an update for the league following Ancestor, this will take some time.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Nov 1, 2023, 3:22:28 PM
Last bumped on Sep 6, 2023, 4:38:10 AM
Very nice filter, will be testing and using it from now on. :)
Also like the sounds and coloring of it. Nice work.
"

Happy to hear it. Let me know what you think as you use it. :)
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"

Coming from Neversink (uber strict), I really enjoy this. It takes a little getting used to (such as the sounds) but I got the hang of it quickly.

I personally would like to have divination cards show just a little bigger, other than that I love it and the individuality and discrete colors and borders are still clearly visible and pop into your eye directly without breaking "muh immersion" ;)

Ran a few maps for 40 minutes now and I am glad I found this.

Both thumbs up.
"
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"

Coming from Neversink (uber strict), I really enjoy this. It takes a little getting used to (such as the sounds) but I got the hang of it quickly.

I personally would like to have divination cards show just a little bigger, other than that I love it and the individuality and discrete colors and borders are still clearly visible and pop into your eye directly without breaking "muh immersion" ;)

Ran a few maps for 40 minutes now and I am glad I found this.

Both thumbs up.

Did you toggle bad rares to hide or are you using the defaults? Coming from uber strict NS to this is pretty high praise, I think. ^__^

Edit: I've increased the size of Divination Cards slightly, and added some more toggles.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jan 26, 2017, 3:13:24 PM
"
Felix35071 wrote:

Did you toggle bad rares to hide or are you using the defaults? Coming from uber strict NS to this is pretty high praise, I think. ^__^

Edit: I've increased the size of Divination Cards slightly, and added some more toggles.

I used it as is. I never used filtration, I guess I should start doing so. And well you did a good job with the filter. It is my personal opinion on how it feels and how much I like it. :)

I will update the filter and post back tomorrow after using it for a while and playing around with filtration, I am done for today.
I started leveling a new char to see how the low-level drops feel. It went smoothly so far (I am no experienced player in any way, but I felt it filtered out the "bad" bases (if that's even possible at that low of a level) and only showed the ones that felt worth alchemy slamming (it's how I usually level, get a Tabula, slam the rest).

I will report back tomorrow with your updated version! Thanks for adding the div card size. Means a lot to me :)
Very nice filter, really enjoying it; however one thing slips my understanding - why does jeweller's orb have a sound(a high and loud one too) and higher-tier orbs like alchemy don't? It seems rather irrational to me.
"
Jeaciaz wrote:
Very nice filter, really enjoying it; however one thing slips my understanding - why does jeweller's orb have a sound(a high and loud one too) and higher-tier orbs like alchemy don't? It seems rather irrational to me.

Reasonably large update (mostly toggles)!

Good point (though Alchs did already have a sound). I've separated Jeweller's and Fusings, and changed a few sounds around to be more in line with their rarity.

I've also added a ton of toggles (yes, enough that it's worth saying it twice).
Visibility bump!

Please leave feedback here. :)
Last edited by Felix35071 on Feb 28, 2021, 12:59:35 AM
I dont see quivers in filtration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info