Data about how Beastcrafting is being used

"
sidtherat wrote:
this post is one more proof that 'statistics is as good as lie'. these numbers without context are meaningless and 'look good'

few searching questions:

- how many of these crafted items were NOT vendored during next minute?
- how many players used given 'craft rare items XYZ' more than twice. first to see how it works and then to re-confirm it is worthless? (how did this garbage list of recipes even made it into the game..?)
- is the 'engagement with crafting' rises or falls?
- what was the impact of recent panic patches? increase? decrease?

your 6link experiment is weird. as if you didnt know that - despite valiant efforts - rare chests are still the least desirable chest slots. uniques are almost-BiS (as in: for a reasonable cost you get a BiS. there ARE better rares but with your current power creep - there is no need for them). and if one needs a cheap six link there are 100s of rare corrupted chests for 20-30c a piece

you might explain that experiment better so players can actually share their view on the matter. right now anyone who wants 6link can get one. if one needs a specific 6link - it is most likely unique so this recipe wont change a bit. and you cannot get high level shaped/eldered chests from this recipe so the top-gear is still drop only

yep
I look forward to the ability to get talismans again, mainly because one of them has a socket in it. Ever since the addition of unset rings, I've been hoping we'll get unset belts (upto 2-sockets) and unset amulets (1 socket, obviously) as well. Talismans add that for amulets, albeit they're always corrupted. We're not quite there with belts yet - the Stygian Vise and Darkness Enthroned only allow you to socket Abyssal Jewels in them, not skill gems - but I'm hoping one day it'll be added in too. :)
nice, thanks for tearing the market apart! more 6 links just what we need =D
"
Jegro wrote:
"
Aziraphale wrote:
Farrul's Den: 1,415

Seriously? And people are expected to find this shit on their own for the challenge? Insane.

i agree; i'm finding that each league challenges are becoming more and more...challenging. but based on RNG, not skill

I would not call it challenging, i would call it insanly grindy. I don't get why we can't have a league just for the purpose of having fun instead of grind grind grind.

Curse you GGG people have a life.
"
aelazing wrote:
Isn't it super ridiculous that we're 2 weeks into the league and a fair amount of players haven't even opened a portal to a beast?

40k, while we had more than that on day one, like a lot more.

i'm still level 77, bestiary slows down the game alot if you don't nolife the league.

my deadeye still dies to abysses, oly has one five link, no currency left, can't kill red beasts in early maps if they have life regen.

i wouldn't dare entering a boss arena even if i had the beast for it.

and yes, i could play more efficiently, but just see me as the average gamer with a real life job.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
A lot of numbers, which doesn't tell much. Except that the rarest beast boss is like 15x more rare than the most common beast boss. As per usual artificial-extension, bait & swicth design.

I'd much more like to know how much are players "engaged in beastcrafting", compared to how are they engaged in essence crafting, for example.

E:
"
Gain Prophecies: 200,668 (that's up to a million Prophecies!)

This for example, is an extremely low number. I myself have done this craft about four or five times, and I'm not even playing Bestiary seriously (a lvl 87 and two low levels in BHC). Have spent most of my gaming time playing Standard.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 16, 2018, 4:09:26 AM
"
Odai wrote:

I would not call it challenging, i would call it insanly grindy. I don't get why we can't have a league just for the purpose of having fun instead of grind grind grind.
Curse you GGG people have a life.

their choice, instead of having breach followed by breachX, breachY and breachZ (the last one raining exalts) they decided that a league of dumping massive currency has to be followed by a slower going league.

imho the game wouldn't have lasted for 7 years now if every league were more rewarding the last one.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Still enjoying the league :P , thanks for the info !
Hmm it looks like the exciting craft options (imprint and white sockets) are pretty hard to attain based on the numbers in the OP. The rare crafting (and there are way too many options to choose from) is fairly redundant with all the other crafting options in the game. Even the 86 6L armour can be easily achieved with dapper prodigy cards. I don't know.. was hoping we'd see some more dramatic improvements.

And I don't understand the big deal of the unique item crafting. So easy to get random uniques in the game anyway, typically one per map without even using MF gear.

For people new to the game who don't understand essences/bench crafting/spamming/div cards/trade, I can see this league still being really fun. So, my comments are just from the perspective of a more experienced player.
i learned how to not give a shtt about this league, nets dropping like snow, yellow beast that do nothing, red beast very rare (and by now all they appear me as catched before and the only interesting recipe i can do right now is 5 proph), stupid implementation (its a mess you can know when you look a beast, if is important to do something or its garbage)...

But please.. please! i want to progress through maps.. its a pain with the current drop rates of maps and alch (to give one example). Not to mention The Encroaching Darkness!!
I dont want to do ulab over and over all day, not my way to have fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info