What We're Working On

They need to make the Beastiary Mobs even more common.. Like EVERY Rare, common, in my opinion, before this League can become good.

Then it'll be more like Nemesis, where every Rare is a present [of death] and fun! Really amp up the immersion/flavor of it being a "League [taken over by] of Beasts;" and to make it NOT feel like Vanilla PoE, with just an added Crafting Mechanic..

JUST making the Rares "slightly more common," just brings back the mistakes of Harbinger, where they were too sparse, unrewarding, and took too long to defeat such that ignoring them was the best way to go about it. :/
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
League is crap. Doubt it can be salvaged as I see fewer and fewer people on friends/guild list playing.

On a lighter note, 3.3 can't possibly be any worse than this shit.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
So red beasts are an "overwhelming source of good items" according to you. Lol, okay.

I wonder how much effort you're talking about with Harbinger's Orbs. If beastcrafting Harbinger's Orbs is even close to half as difficult as it is to actually get them in the main game, no one will bother. Right now, you have to get Zana to 8, which is a still a colossally mundane chore even with the new "quests," pay 6 chaos per map you want Harbinger on, then pray you get some shards to combine. It takes approximately 70 maps, or 420 chaos, to complete one Harbinger's Orb.

This league certainly instills you with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Edit: Also don't you think it's time to remove the arbitrary and frivolous menagerie cap? Nothing says encouraging league mechanic interaction quite like discouraging it, apparently.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Last edited by Ashriel on Mar 21, 2018, 11:14:57 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I will not play in a league that requires that we bring tools out into the game with us. Our inventory isn't designed with that in mind. Removing the nets from the inventory is essential for me to give this league another chance.

You can do it with a currency pouch, or you can have nets just be a counter rather than a stack. But they can't be part of the inventory.

Wont play standard if you make this mechanic core. Just no.

Remember charms in D2 and how much people hated them even though everyone used them? It's like that. Quit it.

You obviously haven't played legacy
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We do not plan to make the "red" ones more common because they are already an overwhelming source of good items, but by making the "yellow" ones much better, we can achieve a similar effect in a better way.

Let me fix that for you...

We do not plan to make the "red" ones more common because they are already an overwhelming source of RNG role chances for crappy unique items, but by making the "yellow" ones more frequently annoying, we can pretend this is a buff.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Mar 21, 2018, 10:01:55 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
There are other Bestiary improvements coming as they are ready, such as the ability to see what unlocked recipes a Beast is part of before you sacrifice it.

That right there is about the smartest thing they've done all league.

Now change the recipes so that it's about crafting, not rolling random dice. A recipe that targets an affix (for example, Life) should require an item with that affix as a part of the recipe, and change *nothing* about the item except its already present life affix (by one tier per crafting round).

Also, Einhar needs to be a master that can be leveled.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on Mar 21, 2018, 10:07:22 AM
Memory Fragments the "Pinnacle of Content?" I didn't know that Shaper's Orbs were the absolute end-game.. (especially after Sextant Blocking was removed.) :^)

They REALLY need to fix Map sustaining.. Add a lot more packsize to the harder Map Mods, so that players are incentivized to roll Maps, and run harder Maps, again. That'll fix the "Map Drought," and keep the supposed "pinnacle of content" gated behind DIFFICULTY, instead of RARITY.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Add me to the list of people who would rather you just move onto 3.3 and forget about Beastiary. I really don't think there is anyway to salvage this mess. I went back to standard a few days ago and I haven't regretted it. Everything about this league felt like a chore and I never felt rewarded in any way for the effort.

As so many others have said, the end game could use some rework. I have always loved the map system. But ever since Abyss introduced an end game that revolves around map completion and planning of which maps you run (not just the one you have the most of) - the RNG is becoming an issue. It's the 2nd league I have quit before attempting Shaper, which has pissed me off. I never start a league with the goal of just running up to T13. My goal is always to take a character the farthest I can and the current way of doing things just sucks IMO. Map orbs fixed this problem and for some reason got dumped. Bring those back please!
The new memory fragment system guts my ability to control what maps I play UNLESS I'm a pawnshop allstar.

I'm tired of pawnshop of exile.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Thanks for this post, GGG.

It doesnt change how I feel about the league mechanic/league. I am still passing on it. Not my style. But, I do commend you for pushing the envelope and trying new things. It is obvious a lot of hard work went into this. It is fine to be added to main game, as I suspect it will be. I just wont take part in the mechanic and simply kill the beasts. That is fine.

That said, I dont quite understand the recipe for horizon/harbinger orbs... just fix the zana mod. You have to be aware how awfully unrewarding that mod is for both 6c, and Level 8. It would be fine at 3 or 4 c in L6. But it is just terrible at 6c in L8.

Just fix the drop rate and be done with it imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info