Huge Skill Effect Sale This Weekend

I went on a spending spree. It was glorious!
Sadly game doest even update for me ;v after getting the files just 0 disk activity on install ;v
"
DM_Drakorix wrote:
Sadly game doest even update for me ;v after getting the files just 0 disk activity on install ;v

Sounds like the issues are with your computer.
Do you have enough space for the game ?
If it doesnt work, then delete the game files and the updater, download the updater again - then reinstall the game.
Delete other not needed stuff, to make room for poe..it sounds like it doesnt have enough space.

I hope it works ! :)
"
Cyrops wrote:

Nothing surprising really, it's aging game engine of PoE vs CryEngine in Wolcen!

this game looks so cobbled to gether now. stack upon stack of bandaids to the engine, art assets from the ps2 era like character models, effects that "don't degrade performance"... like water. i read the tech article about the water effect and it was very interesting from a computer science point of view, but it looks nothing like any water i observe in reality. i'm glad competition is showing up and maybe ggg uses all the mtx money to upgrade this engine to something less than 10 years old.
"
dachoppa wrote:
"
Cyrops wrote:

Nothing surprising really, it's aging game engine of PoE vs CryEngine in Wolcen!

this game looks so cobbled to gether now. stack upon stack of bandaids to the engine, art assets from the ps2 era like character models, effects that "don't degrade performance"... like water. i read the tech article about the water effect and it was very interesting from a computer science point of view, but it looks nothing like any water i observe in reality. i'm glad competition is showing up and maybe ggg uses all the mtx money to upgrade this engine to something less than 10 years old.

i think the water effect is amazing, which other game has a better water effect?

besides: having to run on kid's toasters was one of the main complaint for years now. got less, thankfully.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
It's a pity a great deal of these look worse or at least much weirder than the bog-standard skills and spells in other ARPGs. The fireballs in Wolcen's *alpha* look better than anything fire-related in PoE. And that's not just down to them using the crysis engine -- it's simply because it looks like a bloody fireball. Not some crappy little glowing rock with a trail of smoke.

The baffling thing is how much work goes into PoE mtxes to produce such consistently tasteless junk. I'd rather pay for a good looking *actual* fireball than a weird dragon's head, and I imagine it's probably easier to do. I get the whole 'not wanting to look like other ARPGs' thing but recent mtxes (right up to that dreadfully overcooked Kraken portal) look more like GGG showing off technical skills than creating aesthetically pleasing cosmetics.

While i do agree that Wolcen looks better than PoE for the most part, taking a quick look at the steam reviews reveals a myriad of negative reviews with the majority stating painfully slow development speed. This is one area i know for sure that PoE out do all other current ARPG developers(happy to be proven wrong), and for me personally it's a pretty important aspect if i want to stick around for the long haul.
Thanks GGG, but we still need more Beasts!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info