Skill Revamps - Part 1

Nice. But I already wonder how bad GGG will fuck this up.

Because:

1. Introduce a shitload of new skills with emplemented aoe capabilities for the xbox players
2. Don't even care about the old skills
3. Bestiary
4. Nerf skills in general and give them some fucking clunky mechanics that you must combine and will hate doing so

GGG refered to essence drain. It's going that way.

First oversimplify and overpower shit, then make it a convoluted clunky mess and nerf it to trash.

ALSO: I AM STILL VERY ANGRY ABOUT THE ONI SPAWN/DROPRATE-NERF. SHAME ON YOU! SERIOUSLY!

Also also also: Fix RNG-gating, fix mapdrops, fix quantity, fix framerate issues, fix network issues, fix Frankfurt gateway, fix graphic bugs, buy that freaking 7% back ... and so on

Have fun
This is all cool and fine, but GGG please consider this. We are not in need of new clearing abilites per se... what we really need are new DEFENSIVE mechanics, we have had energy shield, hp, block , armour and evasion for a long time, mom is nice but we need some new type of defenses.

I've been thinking of something like a shield that ABSORBS damage entirely, based of damage ticks, or perhaps ascendency changes to that acrobatics could be combined with another form of defense ( we can talk about balancing it later, thousands of ways to do it, don't kill me), THAT is what we really need. And no, not via new chase uniques, but like true new mechanics need to be introduced. Yes I know regen, attacking with totems or traps, minions etc are all forms of defense, and I understand them ( flasks as well ), but I really feel there is a greater need for a new type of defense or mechanic changes to existing ones.

Every league we get to experiment with new ways of damaging enemies, yet I would be interested in trying to make new tanky builds for once. Please GGG at least consider this !!!

Thank you
Last edited by KAK84 on Mar 28, 2018, 1:51:19 PM
"
KDBW_ger wrote:
Nice. But I already wonder how bad GGG will fuck this up.

Because:

1. Introduce a shitload of new skills with emplemented aoe capabilities for the xbox players
2. Don't even care about the old skills
3. Bestiary
4. Nerf skills in general and give them some fucking clunky mechanics that you must combine and will hate doing so

GGG refered to essence drain. It's going that way.

First oversimplify and overpower shit, then make it a convoluted clunky mess and nerf it to trash.

ALSO: I AM STILL VERY ANGRY ABOUT THE ONI SPAWN/DROPRATE-NERF. SHAME ON YOU! SERIOUSLY!

Also also also: Fix RNG-gating, fix mapdrops, fix quantity, fix framerate issues, fix network issues, fix Frankfurt gateway, fix graphic bugs, buy that freaking 7% back ... and so on

Have fun

LOL! why are you mad at lowering oni dropnerf? u can get that thing by farming like an hour, you perhaps using bots to farm it and cant get it easily anymore?

Anyways, I totally agree with map drop getting LOW, ive read all their changelog and not once i read a word "Reduce map drops"
███۞████ಠ益ಠ██ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤... Get ze Panzer and ze flammenwerfer - kentpachi
Last edited by kentpachi on Mar 28, 2018, 1:45:23 PM
and maybe next update you put a option to remove party skills effects ?!
is it so darm hard?
The double negative skill gems seem pointless. Took a lot of reading to figure out hit melee stuff building a pure spell based character. Volley Support didn't show active on Blade Fall and yet the word volley is used in the descriptive of Blade Fall.

Off topic it would be nice if one could sort tabs in the order of use and importance.

Seems like the tabs used most are last on the list
VIPER STRIKE INCOMING !!!
MEME STRIKE IS BACK!!!
I also expect it to look kinda different.
I'm really looking forward to Cold Snap and Ice Spear buffs. These skills have always been some of my favorites but , as was stated, felt underwhelming in implementation. Definitely keeping my eye on 3.3.0. And also...

"
KAK84 wrote:

This is all cool and fine, but GGG please consider this. We are not in need of new clearing abilites per se... what we really need are new DEFENSIVE mechanics, we have had energy shield, hp, block , armour and evasion for a long time, mom is nice but we need some new type of defenses.

I've been thinking of something like a shield that ABSORBS damage entirely, based of damage ticks, or perhaps ascendency changes to that acrobatics could be combined with another form of defense ( we can talk about balancing it later, thousands of ways to do it, don't kill me), THAT is what we really need. And no, not via new chase uniques, but like true new mechanics need to be introduced. Yes I know regen, attacking with totems or traps, minions etc are all forms of defense, and I understand them ( flasks as well ), but I really feel there is a greater need for a new type of defense or mechanic changes to existing ones.

Every league we get to experiment with new ways of damaging enemies, yet I would be interested in trying to make new tanky builds for once. Please GGG at least consider this !!!

Thank you

SOOOOO much this^^^^^^.
Fin-f@#$king-ally
Infernal blow have some potential...
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

"
Our future skill development will involve working on skill themes that can give players a flavourful character style by picking skills that fit the theme. Often these themes will stick closer to the feel of a character or their Ascendancy classes. A good example of this is the new set of Corpse-based skills.
I have to strongly disagree.

Volatile Dead and Cremation have absolutely nothing to do with corpses. They might as well be fire orbs and small volcanoes summoned directly without the use of dead bodies.

Something thematic that instantly makes attributes like dark, twisted, unnatural, necromantic come to mind would be:

You conjure the soul of a dead foe in a blast of unholy energy and command it to rush towards your enemies in a mad frenzy to use the remaining force of their soul to self-destruct. All with fitting visuals of a tortured soul from an enemy screeching and imploding itself on contact. Additional flavor points if animals/creatures have generic souls that look more like eery orbs while humanoids have actual specters spawning and running down enemies.

Or you violently force the fading soul of a dead foe to burst forth from their body, obliterating flesh and bone and creating a geyser of soul and body fragments. Visually it could be soul bits tainted with bones and meat splattering all over the place. Or the soul bits visually tearing themselves from the dead body, ripping the flesh apart to explode forth.

If you talk about themes, it's all about presentation. And as far as that is concerned those two skills are just regular fire magic. If you show these to someone that has no idea they require corpses to perform, he would never make the connection.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info