3.2.2c Patch Notes

"
The Elder now waits until he explodes before dropping items.

"We love this garbage mechanic!"
"
xxDEITYxx wrote:
"
ttusher wrote:
Personally I hope this league mechanic does not make it in the base game.

Also.

Same here guys,i dont like this event,because when you get lots of mobs or pack mods on a map at once and your using a spammy or Dmg over time build like bleeds And I PLAY AT 800x600 usually fullscreen,so that makes it 3x as awkward to put my cursor over the beast which will be exiled to my will to live (i have dynamic res as well for partys usually kek),im telling you its hard to see fucking everything when im doing a dominating blow and ancest totem build lel,i really hope this dont make its way to standard
most of the thicc builds i want to do i cant
Last edited by Teyphon on Apr 16, 2018, 10:33:35 AM
"
I am for restoration of "legacy league" because I think that 3 months is definitely not enough to develop something good and without so many bugs. They've tried it already, the result is pokemon league everybody hates. Every second comment even on this forum is "oh, dont add bestiary to the core game!". If the developers had an additional 3 months, maybe they would be able to make playable even such crappy content like bestiary. Only that instead, they will simply combine what is with another hurried uptake. As a result, you will have parody of breach/abyss league (as players demands on reddit and forum), combined with pokemon content and drop , all bugged to the limit because of hurry. Oh, and don't forget about nerfs. So some skills will ne nerfed to oblivion to achive "more diversity". We are all seeing this diversity now.

A great deal of this post is in fact true, and no I don't think it is merely due to "bitterness."

1. The prioritization of new content over bug and broken content fixes has had a noticeable and negative impact on the overall quality of the game.

2. The prioritization of creating new meta-builds over making a genuine good-faith effort to balance skills such that there are not active skillgems which are 10x as powerful as others has had a noticeable and negative impact on build diversity and thus the overall quality of the game.

3. The last few Leagues have been evidently rushed content, with far too many bugfixes happening midway into the League. I mean, League content is necessarily beta material, but some of what has been released lately is barely out of alpha. There is still missing audio from the Act 5-10 expansion, for example. I mean come on...

4. A Legacy League comeback (they could even make the legacy stones rarer) might give them the breathing room necessary to have a proper and sufficiently long QA Alpha stage, and fix all the glaringly obvious problems before releasing to beta (Leagues).
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
The 'A Valuable Combination' prophecy no longer prevents completion of the Exalted Shard recipe.

That one was actually pretty fast, thanks!
Meh, good for those builds who had issues because of this, but another and more general problem remaining, is, when playing poe, i now gotta have at least 5 open browser tabs :

poe wiki
poe.trade
poecraft.com
poedb.tw/us
poeaffix.net

Not to mention all the community apps i need running in the background to make this game playable. Please move away from convoluted, obscure mechanics of which bestiary is the worst offender to date and keep the systems deep, but intelligible, with clear and concise information, available in-game to avoid turning a session of poe into reading a dictionary.
[img]http://s15.postimage.org/ppi19icy3/piggy.gif[/img]
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
A great deal of this post is in fact true, and no I don't think it is merely due to "bitterness."

1. The prioritization of new content over bug and broken content fixes has had a noticeable and negative impact on the overall quality of the game.

2. The prioritization of creating new meta-builds over making a genuine good-faith effort to balance skills such that there are not active skillgems which are 10x as powerful as others has had a noticeable and negative impact on build diversity and thus the overall quality of the game.

3. The last few Leagues have been evidently rushed content, with far too many bugfixes happening midway into the League. I mean, League content is necessarily beta material, but some of what has been released lately is barely out of alpha. There is still missing audio from the Act 5-10 expansion, for example. I mean come on...

4. A Legacy League comeback (they could even make the legacy stones rarer) might give them the breathing room necessary to have a proper and sufficiently long QA Alpha stage, and fix all the glaringly obvious problems before releasing to beta (Leagues).

1. I disagree, while this league had it's issues I can't recall any major issue with the previous leagues as such. And even this league hasn't been that bad as far as how it functions. The problems with this league is mostly design where the recipes add too much complexity by using the same beasts across too many recipes. It's simply not intuitive in a way where you know that capturing that red rhoa means you can craft X if you have enough of the yellow filler beasts for it. Now you're constantly scared that you might screw your self over if you craft one thing thus making another craft you wanted to keep not possible anymore.

Bugs related to necro nets I don't see as a valid argument for anything as they shouldn't have been introduced in the first place. Once the grace period was fixed the capturing part worked just fine.

2. Perhaps but then again we don't have the numbers GGG has so it may very well be in their interest in shifting the meta over trying to achieve a good overall balance. This is also a problem that can be fixed over time quite easily and something they started trying to with the ascendancy changes as far as I can tell.

3. Again disagree. Abyss was for the most part good, the only real problem there was availability of Liches but that's not a rushing issue but instead on of being too careful with spawns.

Harbinger was good, people still complain that it wasn't introduced in the core game...

Legacy league was a cool idea but ultimately ended up not being all that great. In my opinion it was mostly due to the same carefulness with availability though more than actual design.

Breach was great besides when they spawned in awkward places resulting in mostly empty breaches...and again a lack of bosses spawning.

4. Again I'll have to point out that a lot of players disliked legacy the way it was implemented. Bringing it back this soon and make the stones more rare would be a nightmare for them. Not to mention that what you suggest has a very negative impact as far as PR goes when there's nothing new to promote. It might sound good to have GGG spend 3 months extra on the next league but in the end it has pretty big economic impacts to do so that would hurt the game in the long term.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Apr 16, 2018, 10:13:21 AM
"
Apocalypso_ wrote:
Just give us new league already, 80% of people stopped playing, just don't waste your time on dead league.

+1

GUILD ZA BALKANSKE IGRAČE : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1227661
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"Discord"Voice ( dođite na mikrofon - Link za automatski invite ) : https://discord.gg/Q54KWUH
"
Redblade wrote:

4. Again I'll have to point out that a lot of players disliked legacy the way it was implemented. Bringing it back this soon and make the stones more rare would be a nightmare for them. Not to mention that what you suggest has a very negative impact as far as PR goes when there's nothing new to promote. It might sound good to have GGG spend 3 months extra on the next league but in the end it has pretty big economic impacts to do so that would hurt the game in the long term.

Oh, yes. Almost everybody enjoyed "legacy" league and some players not. Business as usual, I can leave with that. I prefer it to be a nightmare for several players than for most of them. And when it comes to "PR negative impact"... now we have terrific PR. Look at this forum, look at reddit, most of the players are furious about pokemon league, which is almost empty by now, BTW. Good PR really. Let's promote further.

And in a month you will have a combination of a terrible bestiary league with a hasty attempt to appease the angry playerbase. With all bestiary flaws, all problems that have not been solved so far and "new" mechanics with tons of new bugs. Well, let’s start to "promote" this right now :) It will have terrific economic impact and the game will certainly economically flourish. In the long term :P
"
Almost everybody enjoyed "legacy" league and some players not.

Do you have a link to the survey among the entire player base that came to this conclusion? I can't recall getting one.

"
Business as usual, I can leave with that. I prefer it to be a nightmare for several players than for most of them. And when it comes to "PR negative impact"... now we have terrific PR. Look at this forum, look at reddit, most of the players are furious about pokemon league, which is almost empty by now, BTW. Good PR really. Let's promote further.

Reddit and forums is not representative of the player base...sorry to be the one to brak this fact to you. As far as empty goes I'd disagree, trading has slowed a little but it's normal at this stage of the league. Nothing out of the ordinary to be honest.

"
And in a month you will have a combination of a terrible bestiary league with a hasty attempt to appease the angry playerbase. With all bestiary flaws, all problems that have not been solved so far and "new" mechanics with tons of new bugs. Well, let’s start to "promote" this right now :) It will have terrific economic impact and the game will certainly economically flourish. In the long term :P

You sure "know" a lot about the future. But you keep on being that bitter guy as I'm sure it will make life feel just as good as you deserve.

(ps. Not sure why someone that, by all accounts, haven't supported the game feel that they have anything to be bitter about. Not like you have a vested interest here.)
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Apr 16, 2018, 10:55:08 AM
The league isn't that bad you guys need to relax and put the hate away. No one forces you to play, and considering the amount of challenges most of the complaining players have I think you should give it a go. I think it's pretty damn nice to be able to reroll ilvl on items, craft and make sure you hit the property you want, craft unique items, talismans etc...as well as the new league unique items. I really think you should just give it a go, it's not as bad as you think it is. The Craicic boss fight was a blast and even though I've never come across the spider beast nor the Farul beast and too many time on the Saqawal beast, I'm still having fun making my grind slowly.

If you don't like it just find another game and move on, but I'm seriously thinking you will complain about this other game the same way you're complaining about this one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info