Skill Revamps - Part 3

"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
...am I the only one who's concerned they don't seem to understand the diminishing marginal returns on additional barrage projectiles in term of relative DPS? Adding your fifth arrow gives you 25% more DPS; adding your 11th only gives you 10% more.

Call me crazy, but it's hard to trust them to balance skills via mechanics instead of numerical adjustments when they can't be bothered to understand the mechanics in the first place.

Yeah, I noticed this too. Hopefully it is just a mixed up message between the design team and PR folks, but if not...
"
Zyrixion wrote:
"We realize barrage is the only viable single-target skill for bows and wands and we realize we need to diversify this, so to that end we're nerfing barrage without making any other single-target bow/wand skills viable."

GGG logic. :thinking:

Yeah, this is what I was thinking as well. Hopefully they have revamped some other single target skills. As it stands now they are basically showing skill revamps you use for clearing and nerfing single target.

I guess ggg is embracing boss skipping meta?
With the nerf to barrage please give us some wand skills that work as single target. Barrage is basically all there is.
Increase mobs hp please, the end game is boring. Thanks
so instead of making other skills that are comparable to barrage, you decide to trash the only single target wand skill available, while at the same time taking away even more reasons to even play bow characters other than a stupid MF Windripper. GREAT JOB GGG keep destroying bow builds every patch... feels great... reach of the council, doomfletch, death's opus, barrage... yeah bow builds will cease to exist with the exception of mf windripper. smart move
new RoA <3
I suppose I should be able to see some animation of the skill or something, but its totally black
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Apr 16, 2018, 11:29:25 PM
"
glopus0614 wrote:
so instead of making other skills that are comparable to barrage, you decide to trash the only single target wand skill available, while at the same time taking away even more reasons to even play bow characters other than a stupid MF Windripper. GREAT JOB GGG keep destroying bow builds every patch... feels great... reach of the council, doomfletch, death's opus, barrage... yeah bow builds will cease to exist with the exception of mf windripper. smart move

They have absolutely no clue what they're doing. That much is painfully obvious at this point.
"
Spoiler
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Can you please explain why skills need to be balanced with each other in a non-competitive ARPG?

It seems perfectly acceptable that some skills are better than others, as long as they all feel powerful in end game (moving into downright over powered when well geared). They don't have to be equal.

But that's the problem with Barrage. It's the de facto single target choice for bow builds. There are no other good / powerful options at the moment, not unless you really enjoy shooting yourself in the foot.

The problem isn't with barrage, that's my point. They need to just make other skills better. Who cares if barrage is great or better than the rest if the others are viable. Make them viable.

Right, and what I said there was basically me going "I agree with you, and Barrage is the only one that feels powerful right now, and that's an issue. "

That said, the way Barrage scales with extra projectiles and deletes bosses IS a bit ridiculous. But I have a problem with power creep and that's a separate discussion. :P
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
hey chris wilson stop making us walk one big round of your bullshit, if you want to nerf just say so, the reason you can be so arrogant is because there are tons of fanboys and whales supporting your company. I blame myself too. Ever Since your so call "PHILOSOPHY" it has been always nothing but nerfs, oh fan boys feel free to criticize or berate, I'm prepared.
Last edited by yslgames86 on Apr 16, 2018, 11:36:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info