Build of the Week: Poetry in Motion

Time to get writing ;)
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Exile009 wrote:

Nah. If they're going to nerf it, they should just make it trigger when you actually hit enemies, thereby forcing players to actually invest in accuracy as well .

Accuracy isn't that hard to get. Longer the cooldown or less damage socketed gems will be better
"
cuocdoitan wrote:
Need a nerffffffffffff
Stupid Poet's Pen, while all the "cast when" require tough conditions, this stuff only simple need you attack enemies. GGG should long its cooldown to 0.5-0.7s.
This is the worst unique item

Poets pen not a problem its those stupid homing missles which shotgun VD. Notice all use VD.

VD does as much DPS as any spell each ball and there are 3-4 and you dont have to aim. It's absurd.

I have my own VD PP build - never made a guide but does 8 attack speed with 2 million DPS and rapes all content with cheap gear. Thats absurd.

Anyway poets pen is just like Mjo or cospris, same cool down, the difference if that you can use VD which is why it's OP its 3-4x the DPS. VD is OP.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 19, 2018, 12:13:13 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
cuocdoitan wrote:
Need a nerffffffffffff
Stupid Poet's Pen, while all the "cast when" require tough conditions, this stuff only simple need you attack enemies. GGG should long its cooldown to 0.5-0.7s.
This is the worst unique item

Poets pen not a problem its those stupid homing missles which shotgun VD. Notice all use VD.

VD does as much DPS as any spell each ball and there are 3-4 and you dont have to aim. It's absurd.

I have my own VD PP build - never made a guide but does 8 attack speed with 2 million DPS and rapes all content with cheap gear. Thats absurd.

Anyway poets pen is just like Mjo or cospris, same cool down, the difference if that you can use VD which is why it's OP. VD is OP.

You forgot why you can use VD huh ? It need corpses. If you use VD with other weapons, you have to cast VD on enemỉes's corpses or use Desecrate to create corpses manually.
Poet's Pen help you do ALL KIND OF COMBINATION skills (Unearth + Volatile Dead, Summon Skeleton + Dark Pact, Frostbolt + Ice Nova.....) and again, those combination skills trigger with only ONE CAST and the condition to trigger is super easy, unlike other triggers that require you a hard condition
Last edited by cuocdoitan on Apr 19, 2018, 12:32:06 AM
What I find funny (not really) is that GGG keeps on doing this. Makes uniques that trigger gems continually better then proceeds to nerf it later, all the while creating a larger and larger power level disparity between old uniques (and dare I say CoC at this point as well).

While am at it, I think we are getting to the point where more old uniques need some look... pillar of the caged god slits his wrists and on the CoC subject, I can hear the screams of Trypanon, begging for some sweet release, doesnt even have shitty block as consolation, the poor thing. Some buffs or fated uniques could go a long way.
maybe next league actually buff the worse trigger uniques next league instead of just nerfing pen? just a little buff, dont leave it so its so obviously Pen>Cospri>Mjolner

Spoiler
also where's the unique to trigger fire spells and the one for chaos spells? complete the cycle you lazy bums. same for the max resist shields. why is there a max fire res shield, a max cold res shield, a max all res shield and no max light res shield? maybe im asking for too much for the max chaos res shield but that would be nice too. CMON

EDIT: and since im on forgotten things and uniques. remember when GGG introduced maraketh bases? where are those uniques? Oh and what of sacrificial garb being fucked currently due to not being able to roll elder or shaper (to my knowledge) and max lvl not being high enough to reach the t1 mods anymore? what of other Eva-ES-Armour bases? completely forgotten.
I love you GGG but there's a lot you are leaving behind
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Apr 19, 2018, 12:45:52 AM
Again pen is no better than those others. Same cool down. 250 ms for mjo cospris and Pen. What makes it better is you can use VD which is a OP as fuck fire spell and others you cant.

Others max about 500K DPS due to this. PP does 2 million because it's launching up to 4 of those OP balls each attack.

It's no mystery why every PP build is using VD.

VD should have about 1/4 it's damage then you'd see more diversity in guides which use PP.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 19, 2018, 12:35:47 AM
Why do you choose worst versions of the great build idea, when there are a lot of really good guides and setups for poets?
There are atleast pathfinder zerphi, indigon hiero, and just common scion or inquisitor version, that each much better then 4 builds used on this video.
Build of weak?

I don't know who chose that particular build as "builds of week" because imo it is not anything new and is for sure nothing special.

How something what was "META" in last league become build of week in this?

Personal I skiped to play with that particular item ('Poet's pen') in some kind of personal protest, because it is obvious no-brainer IMBA item, troll item
What is the point of hard nerf on cast on critical, Myolner, etc and take payment for that (selling continuous "support" packs, for what limbo experience?), rlly making no-brainer item like this what use cast on attack not even cast on hit is for real disgusting.
Keeping it during next leagues and announce as build of weak is true state what PoE become, one big parade of ROFL. That looks like some GGG troll, good work Bex, keep doing it so game can go in oblivion.

After I see only this I rlly don't believe there is any true skill re-balance work announced lately.

BTW When new "support packs" arriving? Before announce of patch what fix most notorious things in league (that one coming like usual last week in league when no-one play it anymore, but was expecting sooner in this because this one ended second week of existence, LoL).
Last edited by Coolmer on Apr 19, 2018, 1:35:24 AM
Poet´s Pen is strong but quit boring... You just spam your way out of any situation. Every other faker build is more interesting then a poet...
Poet Pen + VD?
Havent seen that a while lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info