Build of the Week: The Shimmeron Saboteur

Looks fun. I'm in the process of leveling a Miner right now, might have to give it a go.
Is it just me or the Shimmeron is the only useful Elder item because there is way to fully use the item without the downside?
Strange build..

1. Ball Lightning does not work with cluster traps.
2. Tinkerskin does not "fully" work with cluster traps.

Ball lightning works with multiple traps and also Tinkerskin then provides life and energy shield from each of the traps triggered.

With cluster traps all the Ball Lightnings should share the cool down and Balls don't "shot gun" as they would with multiple traps.

With cluster traps Tinkerskin "trap triggered" is only counted for one trap but with multiple traps it is counted with each separated trap.

correct me if i'm wrong.
Last edited by Redherring13 on Apr 26, 2018, 5:04:21 AM
Shimmeron gives critical strike chance multiplier??
"When a trap deals a critical strike it takes the damage instead but the trap is already dead"

Trap lives matter.
"
Redherring13 wrote:
Strange build..

Ball lightning works with multiple traps and also Tinkerskin then provides life and energy shield from each of the traps triggered.

With cluster traps all the Ball Lightnings should share the cool down and Balls don't "shot gun" as they would with multiple traps.

With cluster traps Tinkerskin "trap triggered" is only counted for one trap but with multiple traps it is counted with each separated trap.

correct me if i'm wrong.

You are wrong in all those assumptions. Traps can give you multiple instances of life and ES if several are in range to trigger. It's usually more than 1,less than all 5.

As for Cluster Trap, each trap is a separate caster, so they all hit.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Well shit, there goes the affordability of my race build :(
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Redherring13 wrote:
Strange build..

correct me if i'm wrong.

You are wrong in all those assumptions. Traps can give you multiple instances of life and ES if several are in range to trigger. It's usually more than 1,less than all 5.

As for Cluster Trap, each trap is a separate caster, so they all hit.

Good to know, then i might do build like this, i always though that using Saboteurs Chain Reactor, cluster of traps and Tinkerskin only provided one "trap triggered" effect from the Tinkerskin.

And that you had to use multiple traps as wiki states that it provides the shot gun effect for the Ball Lightning and i thought that it differs from Cluster of Traps by that effect.
Last edited by Redherring13 on Apr 26, 2018, 6:14:14 AM
Nice strategy, put a Lightning Ball Build of the Week together with release of a new MTX for lightning ball.

There are lots of more creative builds than just using a shimeron for traps or totems, that may have being leaved behind cause of this select for combining with mtx sell.
Celestial ball lightning mtx.
ball lightning build.

Well done, GGG.

It's time to hire marketing professionals.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info