Multiple Totems Support

Just a couple of questions to clarify this upcoming support gem:

Let's assume I have gotten 'Ancestral Bond' which allows me to summon a second totem and deal no direct damage myself.

So I have a 3 link setup:
Decoy totem, Rejuvenation totem, mutiple totems support.

I would assume that, since the one support is affecting both totems, my total maximum totems would be 4 (1 +1 from bond +2 from totem support) summoning 2 with each cast.

Now, if I have two separate setups:
Decoy + Multi Totems
Rejuv + Multi Totems

As there are two separate muti totem supports in play, would the limit still be 4, or 6 (as each support gem allows +2 totems).

I am still assuming a max of 4, since multiple uses of 'summon phantasm on kill' do not summon more than 10 total (or 20 if used in Soul Wrest).

This support will be a boon to builds using totems for support, but not do a whole lot for totem specific builds like Heiro since it only adds a couple extra totems at a very steep damage penalty. These penalties would stack, as well, so supports like ancestral call or added projectile with their own reduced/less damage would quickly render them ineffective.
But a wither totem, or a trio of decoy totems... would be highly effective.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2018, 7:13:35 PM
Multiple support, whatever your max totems is, it allows +2 more totems for the linked skill only.

So if you have, say, 4 totems with hiero and Ancestral bond, Multiple support will allow the linked skill to have up to 6 totems.

If you link another skill to multiple totems, your cap is still 4, it also have a limit of 6.

"
BlaqWolf wrote:
As there are two separate muti totem supports in play, would the limit still be 4, or 6 (as each support gem allows +2 totems).

I am still assuming a max of 4, since multiple uses of 'summon phantasm on kill' do not summon more than 10 total (or 20 if used in Soul Wrest).

Your assumption is correct. It'll only be four in that case.

Now, the fun question would be "when and in what order will your totems de-spawn if you use searing bond and a utility totem both tied to Multiple Totems Support, and also a utility totem not tied to multiple totems"
Last edited by codetaku on Dec 3, 2018, 2:15:33 PM
1st placed to last, as always.
If I use multiple totem support with spell totem and wither will the debuffs from multiple withers stack to quickly hit the 15 cap?
"
Zod369 wrote:
If I use multiple totem support with spell totem and wither will the debuffs from multiple withers stack to quickly hit the 15 cap?

Yes.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:

I would assume that, since the one support is affecting both totems, my total maximum totems would be 4 (1 +1 from bond +2 from totem support) summoning 2 with each cast.

Now, if I have two separate setups:
Decoy + Multi Totems
Rejuv + Multi Totems

As there are two separate multi totem supports in play, would the limit still be 4, or 6 (as each support gem allows +2 totems).

If you have "1 + 1 (Searing Bond)", resulting in a max of 2 maximum totems, so, each skill linked to "Multiple Totems Support" will have the right to have more 2 totems that don't count to the capped maximum. So, I don't know what happen when you have two totem skills together and linked to "Multiple Totems Support", but if you have two separate setups, each setup benefit independently from "Multiple Totems Support", so, each setup have the right to have it's own +2 to the maximum of totems. The cap is always 2, but with 2 separate setups you can have 6 totems maximum, but only 4 of each type of totem. So you could have:

4 Decoy + 2 Rejuvenation ==> (Decoy is using the 2 of the cap + 2 of "Multiple Totems Support") AND (Rejuvenation can't use any of the cap, so it uses the +2 from "Multiple Totems Support")

OR

4 Rejuvenation + 2 Decoy ==> (Rejuvenation is using the 2 of the cap + 2 of "Multiple Totems Support") AND (Decoy can't use any of the cap, so it uses the +2 from "Multiple Totems Support")

The cap will always be 2, but each separate setup has the right to have more 2 from the "Multiple Totems Support". So, when the cap was reached, you can still summon 2 more if you are using the "Multiple Totems Support" linked to the skill.
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
― Albert Einstein
Last edited by jacarishe on Dec 6, 2018, 6:11:51 PM
3 Devouring Totems + Desecrate with spell echo and spell cascade before starting boss fight -> facetank bosses w/o any leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info