Swag Bag for ExileCon Attendees

"
MajorThor wrote:
So on top of having vendors with physical merch that'll likely be exclusive to ExileCon patrons, they're also getting a Swagbag? This is 110% spite and bitterness talking but this is some strait up bullshit. People like me who've been relatively heavy supporters since Beta who can afford the packs due to their timely releases get totally shafted for all these goodies because we can't afford the travel to one of the most expensive places on the planet? Really? This really put a bad taste in my mouth about supporting you guys further.

Again, we've all been begging for physical goods that aren't gated behind a high-cost support pack for years...this isn't and wasn't the way you should have gone about providing.

You know I was dangerously approaching your sentiment but then I read how traveling would be a detriment to the world and the bag is really nothing to lose your shit over with respect to the cost of attending this hullabaloo of an event.

I can't rule out the possibility that the reason why this thread is still only 7 pages and didn't explode in outrage is because most players actually don't care much for ExileCon; at least not enough to get upset over this shit. The more I think about it the less I care about it.

The D2 legends at this event would be a dream to see live on stage but they gated it from old timers pretty hard and I bet the portion of players that are there probably don't even know who the fuck they are. The nostalgia is wearing off especially now that the real deal driven by new talent is just around the corner - even if that corner is about 2 years away :( I'm more excited about that then some dudes from 20 years ago fulfilling Wilson's personal dreams.

✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Nov 12, 2019, 6:05:22 PM
"
cgexile wrote:
"
MajorThor wrote:
So on top of having vendors with physical merch that'll likely be exclusive to ExileCon patrons, they're also getting a Swagbag? This is 110% spite and bitterness talking but this is some strait up bullshit. People like me who've been relatively heavy supporters since Beta who can afford the packs due to their timely releases get totally shafted for all these goodies because we can't afford the travel to one of the most expensive places on the planet? Really? This really put a bad taste in my mouth about supporting you guys further.

Again, we've all been begging for physical goods that aren't gated behind a high-cost support pack for years...this isn't and wasn't the way you should have gone about providing.

You know I was dangerously approaching your sentiment but then I read how traveling would be a detriment to the world and the bag is really nothing to lose your shit over with respect to the cost of attending this hullabaloo of an event.

I can't rule out the possibility that the reason why this thread is still only 7 pages and didn't explode in outrage is because most players actually don't care much for ExileCon; at least not enough to get upset over this shit. The more I think about it the less I care about it.

The D2 legends at this event would be a dream to see live on stage but they gated it from old timers pretty hard and I bet the portion of players that are there probably don't even know who the fuck they are. The nostalgia is wearing off especially now that the real deal driven by new talent is just around the corner - even if that corner is about 2 years away :( I'm more excited about that then some dudes from 20 years ago fulfilling Wilson's personal dreams.

I'd be willing to bet that the #1 reason why most people don't actually care on the level that you or I might is because they're not nearly as invested. Most people who play this game can't afford even 1 Top-Tier Support Pack let alone the travel expenses or even a Ticket for ExileCon. Hell, I was on the verge of buying a ticket for the MTX codes alone but when they said that you had to physically be there to get them which was 110% a deterrent.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
MajorThor wrote:
"
cgexile wrote:
"
MajorThor wrote:

I'd be willing to bet that the #1 reason why most people don't actually care on the level that you or I might is because they're not nearly as invested. Most people who play this game can't afford even 1 Top-Tier Support Pack let alone the travel expenses or even a Ticket for ExileCon. Hell, I was on the verge of buying a ticket for the MTX codes alone but when they said that you had to physically be there to get them which was 110% a deterrent.

Yeah I noticed that when I looked and they had 77 seats still available for the a basic ticket. I almost jumped on it but read the same exact thing that you have to be there. That's why a virtual ticket would have gone a long way. As of this post and 2 days away from the event roughly 160ish physical seats are still available so it's just bizarre. It's not sold out but it's still gated, heh.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
virtual tickets? what's next mounts in game too?

be a bit more creative.. or you're just copying everything from the very place that most of you dislike with passion..

activision blizzard.

you can't have everything you want "grown" adults.. unless you're a millionaire of course.

and of course I wouldnt be invested here, I have no personal feelings on any game.. no game lasts good forever, a simple thought that people should keep around.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Nov 12, 2019, 7:00:57 PM
At least that Map would be nice to have on my wall. I am to get one of those, and it won´t be too hard getting one either.

I guess the true unique stuff is saved for last. That is going on here for presentation the day the ExileCon begins.
"
Xystre wrote:
virtual tickets? what's next mounts in game too?

be a bit more creative.. or you're just copying everything from the very place that most of you dislike with passion..

activision blizzard.

you can't have everything you want "grown" adults.. unless you're a millionaire of course.

and of course I wouldnt be invested here, I have no personal feelings on any game.. no game lasts good forever, a simple thought that people should keep around.

Right become the "con" in "ExileCon" is so original to GGG, as well as their use of the term "Keynote."

Virtual ticket just implies a virtual, digital, online ticket. I don't care if they called it something else but when someone says virtual ticket it's easy to understand what that means.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
Last edited by cgexile on Nov 12, 2019, 8:40:38 PM
Back in the day, exclusive events on location were a thing, and you didn't just magically get whatever you wanted from digital codes and virtual tickets. People pony up real money to get to this particular event, and why shouldn't they have something unique for their efforts? Being mad about someone attending an event because they have the time, money and ability to show up seems a bit too invested in other people. Have fun with the game you have, the experiences you've built, and the hope that someone will eBay that code you're so desperately seeking.
"
Bystrick wrote:
Back in the day, exclusive events on location were a thing, and you didn't just magically get whatever you wanted from digital codes and virtual tickets. People pony up real money to get to this particular event, and why shouldn't they have something unique for their efforts? Being mad about someone attending an event because they have the time, money and ability to show up seems a bit too invested in other people. Have fun with the game you have, the experiences you've built, and the hope that someone will eBay that code you're so desperately seeking.

it's weird because the names I'm seeing here have a good chunk of pixxels bought in support packs and yet want more..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Xystre wrote:

it's weird because the names I'm seeing here have a good chunk of pixxels bought in support packs and yet want more..

It's especially funny because they bought those supporter packs knowing fully well what they were receiving(MTX's, points to use in the store, and maybe some real life merch if they spent enough) yet now they want more for it. Was there a disclaimer in the supporter packs that I missed that said you are also entitled to get exclusive products in the future? No? ok then
I’d love to see a pack that included a large cloth map of Wraeclast. I think the only ones I’ve seen have been of the Atlas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info