Simplest build to beat endgame Maps and bosses?

If you havent yet tried minions and feel like the worst player in the game, you'd be crazy not to try it out.
"
Chameleon wrote:
Thanks for the ideas so far. Still not sure what to play.

Any melee is out, cause reasons.

I absolutely hate the way trading interaction is in PoE so I'm kinda SSF even though I only play in trade leagues. lol

Does this mean you want to play melee? If so you could go with some tanky Juggernaut build, they are relatively easy to play because you just stand in almost everything and don't have to move and also pretty straight forward in gearing. But it's nowhere near summoner level of simplicity.
"
Chameleon wrote:
Thanks for the ideas so far. Still not sure what to play.

Any melee is out, cause reasons.

I absolutely hate the way trading interaction is in PoE so I'm kinda SSF even though I only play in trade leagues. lol

I used to think the same thing but when you get used to Poetrade and Pathofexile.com/trade it's not too bad. Not trading is fine but it limits what you can do so you might get bored and just not make it very far. The first three or four characters I played I had no idea you could trade, no one ever told me. The furthest I made it was a Shadow Lightning Strike build just from using stuff I found lying on the ground, and I managed to make it about half way into the Atlas. When I learned trading I was able to kill Shaper and get to end game, it became a lot more fun.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
Skeletons

Vaal Summon Skeleton in a 6l is crazy OP and easy to play.

6l staves are cheap, alt spam till you get +1 gems, socket in VSS.
Dominate the game.

When you get some currency, you can upgrade to a level 4 empower, and a staff with +1 gems, and +2 support gems, at which point your skels will just delete whole screens of mobs with one cast.

I did this build last league, and it was not hit with a nerf hammer.

I did not even have any zombies, just support spectres (one casts frenzy, one casts power charge, one casts vulnerability)(and its a -50% vulnerability, too!)

The only keys you need press are Skels, movement skill, flasks, and Vaal skels for bosses or blights or whatnot.

CWDT linked to IC and desecrate and spirit offering.
Spirit offering does a self heal of 1-2k ES, instantly, can go off several times a second, amazingly also not nerfed.

"
Odif wrote:
Skeletons

Dominate the game.

When you get some currency, you can upgrade to a level 4 empower, and a staff with +1 gems, and +2 support gems, at which point your skels will just delete whole screens of mobs with one cast.

I did not even have any zombies, just support spectres (one casts frenzy, one casts power charge, one casts vulnerability)(and its a -50% vulnerability, too!)

The only keys you need press are Skels, movement skill, flasks, and Vaal skels for bosses or blights or whatnot.

Spirit offering does a self heal of 1-2k ES, instantly, can go off several times a second, amazingly also not nerfed.

What is IC referring to? I'm following the Cast when damage taken, but not sure what IC is? Sorry, I'm a long ago PC player (4 acts) who just got back into the game late in Blight and I'm still picking up on a lot of the game.

I would also recommend skeletons and spectres to the OP. I ran zombies and spectres in Blight with Vaal Skeletons and it was pretty easy. I didn't use desecrate, but I did use Spirit Offering. Curious about this slant on the build. Thanks!
"
Thrippy wrote:
"
Odif wrote:
Skeletons

Dominate the game.

What is IC referring to? I'm following the Cast when damage taken, but not sure what IC is? Sorry, I'm a long ago PC player (4 acts) who just got back into the game late in Blight and I'm still picking up on a lot of the game.

I would also recommend skeletons and spectres to the OP. I ran zombies and spectres in Blight with Vaal Skeletons and it was pretty easy. I didn't use desecrate, but I did use Spirit Offering. Curious about this slant on the build. Thanks!

IC stands for Immortal Call. It is commonly linked to CwDT so if self casts. No need for you to press anything keys.

Adding two cents worth to the build options - consider a Necro build with zombies, Skellies, spectres and golems. This one is very flexible. Last league it was totally OP. Still is even with all the minion nerfs. Skellies seem to avoid the nerfs so as mention above a 6L Skellies might be even better now (this build works either way. I am not the author but I found it easy to follow and gear - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2642810.
Last edited by BowWizard on Dec 17, 2019, 11:07:53 PM
"
Odif wrote:
Skeletons

Dominate the game.

Yeah this. My necro from last league still steamrolls T16’s and I don’t even run spectres (but I do run carrion golems). In addition to a CWDT setup, you can run a 4 link of cyclone > CWC > desecrate > spirit offering which will give you the 1-2k energy shield heal every .7 seconds, stun immunity, and permanent uptime on the +chaos damage to minions and an extra +20 elemental resists to you and minions. Being that cyclone hits, you can even go the elemental equilibrium + curse with elemental weakness on gloves corrupted implicit if you wanted to. It’s so stupidly broken that I have no idea how it didn’t get nerfed.

Playstyle is summon skeletons, hold down cyclone while moving between packs. That’s it. Cyclone does lower movement speed, but that can be offset with a quicksilver flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info