Crashes, 5700 XT AMD Issue?

5700XT here. I was crashing over and over pre-3.9 update when running the new 2020 AMD drivers.

I uninstalled those and went back to one of the late november versions and have had zero problems since.

Try turning off adaptive sync in your driver settings.
I can't even start the game after the update, I instantly crash when I spawn in act 6. Honestly unplayable.
"
qabuzerx wrote:
Same here...
Almost every manual/auto thane spawn cause TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) aka Graphics driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Windows 7
R9 270x
Radeon Software 19.9.2 (Adrenaline 2019)

Fix it please :(

I was excited when i see thane fix in the latest patch note but still problem occurs exactly same as before.
"
Haburto wrote:
Hey

GPU: AMD Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 16 GB
Windows 10
Dual-Monitor setup, 75 hz
One is connected with HDMI and one with DP
Playing in Fullscreen mode

GPU DRIVER: 19.11.3 - Adrenaline 2019

First crash was probably shortly after killing Kuduku in A1, guess Tane spawned.
I think I had a few crashes after, but now I am in A2 and whenever I enter the Old Fields, Tane appeares at the entrance and I crash.
(Guess I have to wait until the instance expires.)

About the crash:
Both my screens go black, so the driver crashes.
One time my DP monitor came back alive. After that I unplugged the HDMI cable and put it back in, bringing the second monitor alive. But on the screen on which poe was on I only could see my Desktop, with the POE cursor but I could not click on anything.

I will update my GPU drivers now hoping they themselve are stable and try playing poe again.

Edit:
Updated to 19.12.2 - Adrenaline 2020 and still crash when Tane appears. But now at least after a few seconds both my monitors come back alive from being black. I have the problem descripted above, that I can not use the monitor on which poe was running. (I see the desktop but have the poe mouse). But at least I can kill the poe.exe in the taskmanager.

Edit_2:
Tried Borderless Window mode, this also crashes.
Also after updating to the newest driver and the driver crashes, I kill poe with the taskmanager and for now, after every following start of poe (at least after I force killed it) I get the "Faield to init FMOD system. Error code 51" error in the poe main menu. (Not sure if this exception is related to the driver crash)

Sadly the potential fix did not work for me, I am still having the same problem as before.

I tried lowering all settings and disabling Multithreading, both did not help.

It happens when he spawns automatically or when I call him.

My radeon profile ist standard with everything off.
(So no Freesync or enhanced sync... etc.)
Last edited by Haburto on Dec 14, 2019, 3:47:13 AM
"
MarcVakarian wrote:
Same problem, starting at The Old Fields in act 2.
3 Crashes till now. Happens with AMD Driver Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2 and Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1. No issues with oder games...

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
AMD Ryzen 9 2900X - X570 Chipset - AGESA 1.0.0.4b
16GB RAM
Win 10 1909 - Build 18363.535 (newest)

Version 3.0.9b and still crashes whenever Tane spawns... Tested on driver versions AMD Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 and Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2
Last edited by MarcVakarian on Dec 14, 2019, 4:09:22 AM
Summoning Tane doesn't crash the game for me. However every single time i start fighting a metamorph the game shuts down.

Radeon RX 560
Ryzen 5 1500X
16gb ram
Having the same issues already mentioned here:

Screens turn black, come back after a few second, game crashes (together with the radeon software thingy, where you can monitor your performance, temperature ect).
Mainly when interacting with league mechanic.

5700 XT is the GPU, latest driver installed.
i5 8600k
16 GB RAM
Game installed on a Samsung EVO 850 SSD

Will try to go back a version or two and try again.

Edit: Went back to Version 19.10 (late October) and still get the crashes when picking up Organs/Spawning Tane.

Literally unplayable and really annoying :/
Last edited by Arandur on Dec 14, 2019, 4:22:26 AM
Crashes with Kuduku and every time Metamorph appear..Pls fix this ASAP.
So long to beciming the 1st char to level 100 season objective...:( LOL
AMD R7 3700 GPU
Last edited by Fahrein on Dec 14, 2019, 4:13:00 AM
It crashes for me everytime after beeing 1-2 minutes in game. Restarts my computer.

Spec:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Radeon 5700XT
16GB Ram
Res. 3440x1440
Last edited by jack_Nine on Dec 14, 2019, 4:21:55 AM
Still crashing :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info