How the Delirium Launch Went

Challenge leagues are a great opportunity for a fresh start in a new economy

All good and dandy with this statement, BUT

Because of broken starts like this (overtuned mobs, overnerfed skills/items, clusterfeck visuals and oneshots everywhere combined with poor game performance etc - also Synthesis come to mind but for different reasons) it is difficult for casuals, newbies or slower type players to keep playing it.
Ergo, GGG feels a danger of loosing significant playerbase and fix the league somehow. It can take cpl days or cpl weeks, depending of much work the fixing needs.

Anyhow, by the time its fixed, all the new league, fresh economy, equal chances for everyone is already lost. Because streamers, no-lifers, no job-ers (more of them now with virus outbreak home quarantines) or just plain stubborn or masochistic players will already be far ahead, currency stocked and farming endgame somehow, and that means that it will be also be much harder for the rest of us to gear up or scrounge the orbs needed for that, since prices will already be inflated.

If the solution is deployed fast enough maybe a league restart can be taken in consideration. I know it is unfair for those who struggled with poor state of the league and if i was one of them would probably be pissed. But at some point GGG has to consider the lesser evil or the good of many, do a pool research on this or something.
Otherwise i can see how the league can drop from 200.000+ active players to under 20.000 in very short time...

just my 10cents here (no pun intended) ^^
Last edited by Zenshii on Mar 16, 2020, 12:33:37 AM
"
Osarna wrote:
You say you are listening to feedback but you clearly are not.

Time and time again we have raised the issue of visual clutter, one shots, exploding corpses and visuals that kill out FPS yet EVERY league you continue to disregard our issues and implement them.

How about you actually address why you keep putting these things in every league and totally disregarding our feedback?

preach brother
Any user happy?
"
Who thought these were good, fun ideas? Delirium has:

Randomly walking more slowly. Who doesn't like slowing down?
Suddenly not being able to cast your spells because you don't regen (like Baran squares sucking your mana, but with zero indicators).
Literally everything explodes - even chasing you like volatiles, then exploding, but being the same color as the background.
Rewards that do not remotely justify the risk - the content is overtuned as hell.
Zero visual clarity, despite multiple reassurances that everything would be fine.
The mirror looks backwards and approaching it is stupidly janky.
Even more one-shot mechanics.

Take away the asinine debuffs, make the fog transparent, make the mobs do - I don't know - 80% less damage, have nothing explode especially after death, eliminate backtracking, fix the wonky visuals, then maybe I'll walk through that mirror again....

100% agree
Are the GGG dev team sadistic? Do they enjoy seeing increase in death stats? Do they want to drive away new players that won't tolerate constant deaths because it's not fun?

Please stop making the game harder so only meta builds are "fun" to play. If you have to nerf, nerf the rare or influenced modifier rolls that make a build work, hard, and buff the base build (gems & passives) to compensate for the harsh modifier nerf. This way more builds can be viable and fun to play, instead of only the top "1%" geared builds.

You have this amazing passive tree and seemingly endless possibilities, but ironically, the difficulty reduces the choices severely. The more difficult you make content, the less builds that can do it.

The only reason anyone was hyped for this season was the cluster Jewels, Not the delirium mechanic. And after experiencing the new mechanic, everyone hates it even more. It might not be so bad if a cluster jewel dropped after every delirium event, and maybe that's not enough compensation for the difficulty...
The league in my opinion is one of the best I have experience. Sure there are always a few bugs at league start and I am sure they will get fixed.

Don't nerf anything... just make the mirror closer to portal entry so we get a long killing spree.

Luvin it
"
Iucundus wrote:
"
Who thought these were good, fun ideas? Delirium has:

Randomly walking more slowly. Who doesn't like slowing down?
Suddenly not being able to cast your spells because you don't regen (like Baran squares sucking your mana, but with zero indicators).
Literally everything explodes - even chasing you like volatiles, then exploding, but being the same color as the background.
Rewards that do not remotely justify the risk - the content is overtuned as hell.
Zero visual clarity, despite multiple reassurances that everything would be fine.
The mirror looks backwards and approaching it is stupidly janky.
Even more one-shot mechanics.

Take away the asinine debuffs, make the fog transparent, make the mobs do - I don't know - 80% less damage, have nothing explode especially after death, eliminate backtracking, fix the wonky visuals, then maybe I'll walk through that mirror again....

100% agree

+1

The epic best i experienced in an online game - new no. 1:
I popped my first (andprobably last) metamorph this league, even without delirium, and i noticed, that it was there, when i started taking damage. The mob was completely invisible, so were it‘s attack.
Pure luck, that i got killed just one time.

Performance overall is a disaster, just to emphasize this.
Totems don't have 3D Hand of Wisdom and very few damage bug.
look like totems unarmed sure bug very few dmg.

Please fast fix patch, thx you!
"
pampero128 wrote:
Any user happy?

Yep, and haven't heard anything bad from any player in game so far (guild and a semi-private global). Feels like it's the first time there's a real challenge for many many leagues. Just started reading posts about Delirium a few minutes ago and I'm very surprised, they're the complete opposite of my in-game experience so far (and a lot of it doesn't seem to make much sense either, like complaints about on-kill effects everywhere when there's maybe a couple overall, and both VERY clearly telegraphed)

The tuning feels right to me so far, there's clear indication for everything, but it sometimes take time (and potentially failure) to learn, which ends up being extremely satisfying, not running around pressing a single button anymore, but instead being careful about everything you do, learning your character limits and basically looking at the screen.
"
DevilDog92 wrote:
LOVE the mechanic and the challenge it brings... but please for the love of god give us a loot explosion after it ends so I don't have to re trace my steps after the fact for loot or risk dying. Also buff the loot please.

Please for the love of god listen to this man. Its far too annoying having to pick up good items on the ground and seeing delerium end because of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info