Delirium: Creating the Strange Voice

Despite all the issues with this league, the voice over for the strange voice is definitely a masterpiece. I usually never pay attention to this and I really didn't until I saw tarkecat mention how good it was so I decided to raise the voice volume up and holy shit it was definitely an experience.

However, it could've been even better if you didn't feel like you had to hold back on some lines just because people are "offended". It's a game and if people don't realize that you shouldn't take it too seriously you shouldn't even play it to begin with and deal with your issues instead. Games should never have to be politically correct. The PC culture is one of, if not the most toxic bullshit to have come into existence in this modern era. All it does is limit creativity and innovation through policing.

Please don't give in for people who might be "offended". It's just pathetic. We're already seeing more and more questioning this PC culture and standing up for their creative rights, GGG should do the same.
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
"
DjParagon wrote:
Thanks for your work Nick, awesome stuff ! ^^

Also, "why?"

Ask Blake!

Im sorry but this is pure mockery.

As a person who respects books, all this is just harrasment.
I want background, in depth story, not one-liners that doesnt make sense.

"You are the cause of great misery"
^ What are you talking, just stop attacking and lets talk. Get that ! above your head. But no, this is just a mockery.

Be specific, what am i doing as an exile?
Nope, no answers.. as always, loopholes in already non-existing story.

Very insulting GGG, we need real game, not random map generator with no story.

As Poe has 100different currency, just as much it has loopholes in story, and unanswered questions and non-linear one-liners and tid bits by random town ncps.

Very sad to see POE after so many years still in trash condition(story wise).

It should be like a book, real game with real campaign and stuff.

"They are out to get you"
^ Who, why they are out to get me? Why you are warning? If you are warning why you try to kill exiles..

"You are the cause of great misery"
Again, lol.. no comments..

"You will die alone and afraid"
"You are the only one who matters"
"Everyone you trust has been replaced by illusions. They are trying to get you."
"You are murdering innocent souls"

Again, bs upon bs upon bs.. what, why? Why taunt us so much?
I see you took extreme inspiration from mobile phone azmodan act3 boss (diablo3) that was taunting every second ad infinitum.

Thats just bad design overall. Cmon, its just not good in any way. Stop this taunting constant.

The betrayal is also has extremely bad issue:
They just talk over each over when you finish the mission, 4npc talking at exact same time. Facepalm, but at least betrayal has a story!

And still betrayal has poor story, why and how catarina was so much better, stronger and etc than other masters. Why others pale in comparison. I could write so many questions, yet GGG purposefully makes it all unanswered.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Loved him in Go Girls who didn't?
"
webas wrote:

Very sad to see POE after so many years still in trash condition(story wise).

It should be like a book, real game with real campaign and stuff.

They have to pump out new content every 3 months. They record some lines and move on. It's part of the league content and there is just enough there to fill some void. They care about the story about as much as they care about a rich game cinematic.

Did you see the BG3 cinematic from Larian? Now that is some serious and real investment in story out of the gate! Move over Blizzard! I'd say move over PoE 2.0 but it's ship-whatever opener is not even in the same league. Conceptually an awesome opener, but so cheap even Tencent was probably scratching their head.

"Path of Exile is about items" ~ Chris Wilson

Now all that said the voice acting and sound editing is certainly top notch and does add a little somethin somethin to every new league.

✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Mar 25, 2020, 9:29:58 PM
This reminds me of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, I expect more info and connections of this strange voice to the PoE lore.
Savour these moments, for they may never return.
I want those cut voice lines real, real bad.
I really want those removed harsh lines. I really do
I absolutely LOVE both the visual and the sound effects associated with this league.

I am blown away, this is truely my favorite league to date.
Been here since Nemesis

Mapping post Delirium is going to feel so empty

I love the atmosphere and frenetic gameplay is creates
I just hate the pimple sack eye ball missile things

thanks for this
Path of Exile is life, just ask my Ex-Wife
"

As a person who respects books, all this is just harrasment.
I want background, in depth story, not one-liners that doesnt make sense.

Dude, c'mon. There is plenty of story. This game has established a quality open ended lore over the years. Obviously unanswered questions will be present in an ongoing game. Do you really think the voice would be better if it listed off facts and figures every time it talked? Mystery and suspense are the lifeblood of drama. This product works as intended. Loving it GGG. Don't listen to the detractors. Not everything needs to be a full length epic. Some things are better left atmospheric and mysterious.

Play your own Role in this action role playing game. You don't need your own motivations spoon fed to you, this approach is bad storytelling-- you are the exile, they don't tell you everything or imagination would have no place and fantasy cannot exist without imagination.
Last edited by TheZilla on Mar 26, 2020, 12:22:14 AM
sadly with how bad performance wise the league was I made the decision of disabling all your sounds.. it's a bit silly that sounds can create performance issues in 2020.

never hear this strange voice and wont for the time being.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info