Issues With Vulkan Beta

Hi
Brutal reality, before starting a new league it was ok, after -application crash. I'm not able to reach a starting location -Coast.
" Fantastic " league ..... next beta tester's timing.
Still does not work with intel820
actually poe crashes and cannot be started again as video settings stay at Vulkan and do not reset to d11

edit: i had to edit the configfile to set it back to d11 in order to start the game again...
Last edited by xArathornx on Jun 20, 2020, 7:12:28 AM
"
Am waiting for the download to complete to see if they fixed Alt-Tabbing out and back to the game causing it to unoccupy the Taskbar space.

This seems to be resolved, huzzah!
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
Wait what? They're tailoring the Vulkan Renderer for very specific drivers offered on the Vulkan website and none of the drivers offered by Nvidia/AMD????? What the fuck?! This was afaik never clearly mentioned at any time during and since the first Vulkan beta announcement and seems really strange to ignore regular driver releases.

The Vulkan renderer is coded against the release versions (the ones you already have by default). They are not coded against the beta versions that you have to manually download yourself if you want them. Supposedly the current Vulken renderer issues in PoE itself are caused by the incompatibility with the beta Vulkan software. Some players opted into the beta for other games most likely and this game is negatively affected by doing so. GGG will likely try to fix the incompatibility, or at least file a radar report with the Vulkan authors so their beta drivers can be updated. This is the same process used to contact and trace issues with specific vendors' drivers (AMD, nVidia, and Intel for its IGPs).

One thing to remember is that AMD and nVidia driver releases are also designed around the release version of Vulkan at the time their drivers were released. That's why it's important to keep graphics drivers up to date (via their respective portals, and not Device Manager, as you noted in this thread). Newer vendor graphics drivers include updates to Vulkan's newer releases as well. But as was the case with vendors' own specific drivers, betas are something players can opt into if they wish, but they're warned on installation and download that there may be incompatibilities if they do so.

For my case I'm using nVidia's Studio Driver, because on Pascal and later GTX/RTX GPUs, 10-bit (30-bit) color is available via DisplayPort and will be via HDMI 2.1 in the next release of their Ampere hardware. I'm simply posting here to ask for clarification on what is affected, how, and the best course of action for whichever renderer you prefer to use. GGG kind of failed to include that info in their OP. ;)
the patch today did not fix the stuttering problem. the game also behaves differently in that it does not do the black blink anymore when starting a poe overlay search, which it did before in delirium when the performance was way better.

i really hope you can fix this soon.
It's not only missing textures though. I have noticed micro freezes when i use skills like frostblink or when monsters suddenly appear on screen (syndicate or the seething brines in the ship graveyard). This wasnt happening before harvest league. Im using SSD btw so thats not the problem.
"
HYDROFYRE wrote:
Hey GGG, i noticed that when i started the game i was getting low fps (sub 50 when normally over 100). Upon taking Shadows + GI from Ultra to High my issue fixed itself. Hoping to provide some lead for you all figuring these Vulkan issues out. Thanks for making an Awesome game!!

Seconding this solution. Literally doubled my FPS.

Also, I was able to get rid of texture flashing artifacts by deleting the render/texture caches in the Path of Exile game folder.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
most of the times I am just missing textures for chests/monsters/pylons(metamorph etc.) but the objects are accessible , there is always some kind of dark shadow, outlines there to take note about them.

It happens with both, directx and vulkan.

I am also missing the text in betrayal interaction windows after the fights. only one line which is not readable cause all letters of the text seem to be in that one line.
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
"
Garr0t wrote:
"
HYDROFYRE wrote:
Hey GGG, i noticed that when i started the game i was getting low fps (sub 50 when normally over 100). Upon taking Shadows + GI from Ultra to High my issue fixed itself. Hoping to provide some lead for you all figuring these Vulkan issues out. Thanks for making an Awesome game!!

Seconding this solution. Literally doubled my FPS.

Also, I was able to get rid of texture flashing artifacts by deleting the render/texture caches in the Path of Exile game folder.

Did this as well on 2080 Super, except from High to Low, fixed my issue. Seems the new patch helped. Isn't as bad as before.
I killed Malachai who was invisible.... used the force on him

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info