Upcoming Changes to Cluster Jewels

love this change. no motivation to play this league but i'll be ready for next league. hopefully it'll be a lot funner.
"
That's way too harsh on GGG. They want the game to be great and they want people to enjoy it. Sometimes they miscalculate, sometime they push out content before it is tested. They adjust quickly. The bad news is that I don't think that this league can be saved. My opinion. It is not FUN.

It may be too harsh, but I can attempt to justify.
First, "they want people to enjoy it" is almost certainly too generous. By their own admission, making the game fun is secondary to retention rates:

“If we make the game more rewarding, people will quit faster, even though they feel they’re having a better time,” says Rogers. “Some of the leagues that have been the best in terms of player reception have also been some of the worst in terms of retention for our company, so we’ve got to be careful.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9n0vkj/rock_paper_shotgun_article_on_delve/

Second "Sometimes they miscalculate" is also probably too generous. A lot of the frustrating things in the game are, by their own admission, deliberately calculated. Just read all the discussions on, for example, map drop rates (but it could apply to anything in the game): They are constantly and freely admitting that they're trying to find what level of frustration they can get away with before players leave.

When was the last time they 'miscalculated' and you didn't have to grind for weeks to test a build, fight a boss, try a map, craft an item, wait 3 leagues until the mechanic gets balanced, etc?
Great change ! Thx Bex and GGG to make those jewels viable once again.
woah
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
Thanks for letting us be beta testers.
"Sorry for my bad English"
Thanks GGG for not letting us play the game and give us everything for free.
I really like how you make these changes.

What if next time you give us some drops that gives free character xp, but make the drop rate so frequent that we can get lv100 before we can enter act 1's Lioneye's Watch , because fighting Hillock is very hard and we need lv100 to kill him efficiently. While you are at it make an app for our phones so when we can't play on PC we will be able to tap boxes for ingame item's.

Nonononono these things still takes too much effort. What if you don't even release a full client to the public and only release a viewer's client let us watch your devs play the game. We could make viewer accounts and chose which dev we wan't to watch. We could enjoy the game without doing anything and it would be the best.

When SSFHC players kills the league boss or gets lv100 less than a week you should really ask yourself if these changes anything good, Do i want my players play a 3 month long league for 1 month and get completely bored with it?

I know i shouldn't look at those "pro" players as examples, but making everything available without any effort for everyone is clearly the wrong thing to do.
Tried to roll large clusters for a new build.
100 transmuts, ~700 alterations, ~100 augs/regals/scours - and I have 3 clusters with 2 jew sockets + 2 notables. Ofc it's sockets + only 2 notables, but you have ex to fix it (also Leo can help you).
This is considered "difficult to get/expensive"? Seriously?
Last edited by brzroman on Jun 27, 2020, 8:45:44 AM
"
brzroman wrote:
Tried to roll large clusters for a new build.
100 transmuts, ~700 alterations, ~100 augs/regals/scours - and I have 3 clusters with 2 jew sockets + 2 notables. Ofc it's sockets + only 2 notables, but you have ex to fix it (also Leo can help you).
This is considered "difficult to get/expensive"? Seriously?

Yeah i mean wtf are they saying? expensive?
It's raining exalt out there you won't tell me most people can't use it on some jewel lol, it's only 200C/ex! Seriously?
"
zamarusD wrote:
you won't tell me most people can't use it on some jewel lol

you can get usable jewel with trash currency. if you want good/gg/mirr tier jewel - it's reasonable to spend more.
Raining exalts? I must be playing on the Sahara server.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info