Creating Oshabi

POE 3.12 Gourmet confirmed.
I wonder why GGG do not use existing lore and expand upon it. Surely something like Beyond or Abyss are both ripe of expansion and additional lore. There is so much unexplored in already establish characters and worlds.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
"
SirPatrick92 wrote:
It's perfectly possible for a troubled character like the Witch to still care about abstract concepts like the overall freedom of humanity in the face of despotic deities.

The Witch would just want to become such deity herself, her dialogues making that clear.

And my only hope that developers would not ruin the theme of Path of Exile with PoE2 and keep most of story dark and gloom, with doom as only ultimately possible future. Winged Scarabs' lore was really good in that regard. So, keep lovecraftian motive of the world, which is really well done.

Especially because Diablo 4 would be released in the same time as PoE2, and it would be classic heroic fantasy, so it would be boring to have PoE2 as another game about "mighty Nephalem" type of character.
Last edited by Tortoise_Turtle on Jul 1, 2020, 4:33:34 PM
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
I wonder why GGG do not use existing lore and expand upon it. Surely something like Beyond or Abyss are both ripe of expansion and additional lore. There is so much unexplored in already establish characters and worlds.

yes, i wish they would explore existing content more, but i guess it's easier to just churn out new factions every three months with legion being an exception as it used existing factions (but didn't add anything).
"
AbilityPoints wrote:

Literally THIS.

I'm DYING to get a continuation of anything Venarius. I'm obviously only speaking for myself here, but the Elder is also not dead. It is only exiled/trapped, once again. I would not mind if it made a return in some form. War for the Atlas was an absolute superb story in my oppinion and every first time I found another memory fragment of the shaper I was excited to read and listen to it (Utterly excellent voice acting on those I'd like to mention).

Antagonists that threaten the universe are just more exciting then some random boy throwing red and black spells around who wants to see Oriath burn because.....

Why actually? I have yet to find the lore in the game that explains why Sirus wants to burn Oriath to the ground as he likes to put it, other than "I just want to, the Atlas made me do it.".
"
Naedingur wrote:
It is only exiled/trapped, once again. I would not mind if it made a return in some form.

I think it was implied that Elder possessed Sirus? (In the one of Baran's journals.)
Anyway, it would be interesting to invade the Decay (the dimension of Elder) in some form. Actually it could be interesting League when you can enter the worlds of Harbingers, Beyond, Invasion, Decay and Blight.

Could be second Atlas of league content which grants some small bonuses for completion and has every league encounter which is in the core (i.e. Apex of Sacrifice/Alluring Abyss, Beachhead/Infused Beachhead, Blight maps, Synthesis maps, Pale Court, Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder, Breachstones).
I can recognise a lot of daoism philosophy in her dialogues, don't know if that is intended but it's wonderful.
I love to read about the lore in PoE.
Do some more lore-related posts in the future (harbingers would be great)!
I do really like Harvest, I hope it will go core
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Jul 1, 2020, 5:03:23 PM
"
Naedingur wrote:
"
AbilityPoints wrote:

Literally THIS.

I'm DYING to get a continuation of anything Venarius. I'm obviously only speaking for myself here, but the Elder is also not dead. It is only exiled/trapped, once again. I would not mind if it made a return in some form. War for the Atlas was an absolute superb story in my oppinion and every first time I found another memory fragment of the shaper I was excited to read and listen to it (Utterly excellent voice acting on those I'd like to mention).

Antagonists that threaten the universe are just more exciting then some random boy throwing red and black spells around who wants to see Oriath burn because.....

Why actually? I have yet to find the lore in the game that explains why Sirus wants to burn Oriath to the ground as he likes to put it, other than "I just want to, the Atlas made me do it.".

You are not alone on this one but sadly ggg has already spoken about venarius and synthesis as a whole. All that lore is probably gone and wasted.
Still, dont know what they were thinking or what are their intentions with Sirus other than him being the big bad evil villain dude.
A part of my hope died when they said they were switching narratives from venarius/shaper/elder to conquerors, considering what we are given from them...
Can I just say it? Her legs look very nice in the picture on website.
IGN: GoldenPepe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info