VULKAN - FPS drops to 22-23 FPS until alt-tab out and back to game

Hi,

I've come across a strange bug since Harvest was launched where you can be doing anything in game i.e. mid-fight, standing still, on the passive tree screen etc and the game will drop from 141 fps (144hz monitor, limited to fps 141) to FPS of 22-23. It's never any other range, just 22-23.
This continues until you alt-tab out to desktop and back again. It's as though the game has lost focus on the game window and has dropped the FPS.
I've set foreground and background FPS limit to 141 and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Has anyone else had this?

This is with the Vulkan beta enabled and all settings at max on the latest June 24th Nvidia driver using a Palit Jetstream 2070 Super, Windows 10, 16gb RAM, 3950x Ryzen.

Did not happen before Harvest.
Last edited by Converge57 on Jul 19, 2020, 8:12:48 AM
Last bumped on Sep 9, 2022, 1:46:01 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have the same issue, but for me to problem occurs when I start the game, the game locks at 60fps and stutters like hell, then I tab out and the game goes back to 150+fps, the only fix for me is to restart my PC. This occurs only when I start PoE the second or third time on my PC never the first time after a fresh reboot.
Still doing it post 3.11.1 :(
Still doing it after 3.11.1c
No one else?

Doesn't happen on Direct X 11.
I've also begun encountering this issue recently.

FPS will drop from a locked 165 down to exactly 23 until i tab out and tab back in. FPS doesn't move from 23 at all if i continue to move around.

Occurs randomly and intermittently, but definitely recurrently.

I'm using a 165hz refresh rate monitor with G-Sync enabled, all settings on max and also using the Vulkan renderer.

Latest nVidia driver installed.

Other machine specs include a 2080ti, Ryzen 3900X and 32GB of RAM.

Can confirm that this problem does not occur with DirectX11.
Even with the recent 'Technical Patch' I still experience these issues.

Please if you're spending your effort on things like:

"Fixed a visual issue with the Alabaster Seraph Helmet, where it could become discoloured in some environments."

Then you could focus on fixing this bigger things like this too please GGG?

It must be linked between Vulkan, G-sync and PoE. It does not happen in other Vulkan games such as Doom or Doom Eternal.

This shouldn't be happening with my spec.
Also worth noting the technical patch has made the DirectX client stuttery again. It dips from 144 constant FPS to 10 FPS and back again. The FPS graph is up and down like a yoyo.

Specs again:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6GHz
RTX 2070 Super - 452.06 Latest Nvidia driver
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C17 3600MHz RAM
144hz G-sync Asus RoG monitor
Last edited by Converge57 on Sep 12, 2020, 10:29:16 AM
I have the same issue and the same specs as @Converge57
It's still a problem.

ryzen 5 3600
rtx 20707
165 g-sync monitor

lastest nvidia drivers
I have the same problem since the technical patch came out, it destroyed vulkan for me. I have 10700k, rtx 2070, 144hz monitor, 16gb ram and nvme m.2 ssd.
IGN:Ronnie_Radke

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info