Lag spike on Washington and Texas server

We've been having some serious issues with the networking sitting in front of the DC gateway over the last couple of days.

Because of this, we had to shut down half of the DC gateway, which caused people to overflow on to Texas. There wasn't enough capacity there, so people were then put on California which is way less than ideal.

Our provider is reporting that some faulty network equipment has been replaced and things should be normal now. (Still holding my breath)

All I can say is that I am really sorry about this. This entire situation is messed up.

Please stay tuned over the next few days. There should be some good news for some of you guys that should lead a better experience.
What do you mean by 'under performance'?
I will take a look at WinMTRs to the instance IP you're connecting to if you want.

When I run one from the server back to you, it looks fine except for some latency spikes in roadrunner's network.
I don't see anything majorly wrong with those MTRs. Are you playing on WiFi? I think the pings to your router might be causing the change in average ping over the MTR (making it hard to see small problems).
"
Kaynes08 wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I don't see anything majorly wrong with those MTRs. Are you playing on WiFi? I think the pings to your router might be causing the change in average ping over the MTR (making it hard to see small problems).

Considering the number of players here complaining about the instance crashes, it is very upsetting to see that the dev team isn't taking the issue seriously. Especially since it is a major problem that completely prevents us from playing the games at time and makes us lose significant currency. Can we please have an inquiry into this and better communication? I don't wanna feel like i'm dealing with blizzard.

I don't see much feedback regarding instance crashes. I see a bunch on lag spikes and disconnections, though.

Are your instances crashing? (e.g. Portals missing after a disconnect)
At this point, I don't think this is a problem with the servers themselves or the local network. I suspect that there is a problem with a peer downstream.

If anyone would like to assist in troubleshooting this, I have a couple of addresses you can gather a traceroute to using WinMTR.

• wdc-unity-test.pathofexile.com
  • wdc-ibm-test.pathofexile.com

If you want to run one to the instance server you're connected to and having issues with, there is a short guide here:
Collecting a more accurate traceroute

To collect a more accurate WinMTR test to the server you're playing on, please follow the below:

1. Open your Path of Exile log.

Default locations:
  • Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\logs\Client.txt
  • Stand-alone: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\logs\Client.txt

2. Scroll to the bottom, and find the last log line that looks like this:
"
1970/01/01 00:00:00 12345678 123 [INFO Client 1234] Connecting to instance server at x.x.x.x:6112

The IP address where x.x.x.x is, will be the IP of the server you're connecting to.

3. Download the latest version of WinMTR from here.

4. Open the app, enter the IP address you gatherer into the 'Host' box and hit Start.

5. Let it run for a couple of minutes, and hit Stop.

6. Click 'Copy Text to clipboard'. Paste this info into PasteBin (https://pastebin.com/) and post the link here.

Use pastebin, to post results, please. If posted directly the formatting is not so great.
"
It's not working for me..

Don't put the port number in - just the ip address.
I don't see anything clearly amiss. Is the ping in your hideout averaging to about 40ms?
Are there instances where you don't get this issue?
No need to post more of those. Not much I can do with them.

Is your ISP Spectrum?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info