Near impossible to play this game...

First, I tried downloading and playing it on Steam, I was having a DC every 3 to 5 minutes, and some guy told me it could be because I'm playing on steam, and that I should try launching the client from the website.

Well, I downloaded the game from here, tried to log in and boom! My account has been locked because "it had been accessed from another location", ok np, I'll just check my e-mail for the verification code, which wasn't there. Ok, let's wait a few minutes... nothing. Ok, re-send? Nothing... Wait again? Nothing...

Guess I'll contact support through e-mail and write a post on the forum, the e-mail goes un-answered and the forum dev tells me to write an e-mail.

After this chain of event, I decided to try create a new account, and as it turns out, the DC still happens every few minutes.

Well, my patience for this has officially run out, thanks for the "protection" from hackers guys, I have to admit, simply locking my account will surely protect it from hackers, truly impressive.
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2020, 7:24:16 PM
"
GubyPlz wrote:
First, I tried downloading and playing it on Steam, I was having a DC every 3 to 5 minutes, and some guy told me it could be because I'm playing on steam, and that I should try launching the client from the website.

Well, I downloaded the game from here, tried to log in and boom! My account has been locked because "it had been accessed from another location", ok np, I'll just check my e-mail for the verification code, which wasn't there. Ok, let's wait a few minutes... nothing. Ok, re-send? Nothing... Wait again? Nothing...

Guess I'll contact support through e-mail and write a post on the forum, the e-mail goes un-answered and the forum dev tells me to write an e-mail.

After this chain of event, I decided to try create a new account, and as it turns out, the DC still happens every few minutes.

Well, my patience for this has officially run out, thanks for the "protection" from hackers guys, I have to admit, simply locking my account will surely protect it from hackers, truly impressive.

you are most welcome Exile. :=)
HAhaha typic and classic GGG

But welcome to the "no game clup"

We are not allowed to have fun in here, so lets have some fun on the forums at least right :D

This is me telling GGG to fix the problem aka "Door"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NFta-zO2_M
"
GubyPlz wrote:

Same problem I have, just not as severe. In the past couple of leagues I was having random DCs every 30 minutes to an hour. Annoying, but playable. Then it became more frequent in Delirium. And now in Harvest, I can have a DC occur, then DC again before I even get to my hideout.

You can do a WinMTR or PingPlotter to see where the packet loss is coming from. My bet is that you're getting packet loss on one of the last jumps. It's what happens to me. The tiniest bit of packet loss boots from you the game. PoE has really bad netcode. Let me save you some time: GGG won't be able to help you. They're gonna tell you to get a hold of your ISP and tell them to change your route. My ISP was no help to me, but perhaps you'll have more luck, it's worth a shot.

Going back to my issue [venting time], the average is still about 20 minutes per DC. I tried putting up with it, but having to play the game walking on egg shells is ridiculous. Wanna do lab? Wait, can't do it yet, gotta wait for a DC first. And gotta rush it because I may DC at any moment. Man, this linear map is nice, I'm 80% into it and bam, DC. Now I have to enter the portal and walk all the way to where I was in the map. That or pop another map. Wanna do a hard boss? Mega juiced Minotaur? Better be sure you can do it easily, because you may lose portals to a DC.

For the first time in 5 years, I have been looking for a replacement game. Short of moving to some other location or changing my ISP [can't, unfortunately] there's nothing to be done. I hope you're able to get it sorted though.

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info