earthshatter / impale / dreadbanner

Hey all, i'm quite new to the game and i wondered if AOE physical spells like earthshatter or earthquake or whatever physical and AOE (but not cyclone) can impale.

To get an answer i tried a settup with earthshatter impale support and active dreadbanner. The result is the banner is absolutly never gaining a single stage. So i conclude that AOE physical spells just cant triggrer impale at all exept cyclone, im i right ?

And if im right, i dont understand why according to path of building community, impale support and impale nodes give a massive damage boost to earthshatter (and ohters physical aoe spells)
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2020, 12:04:24 PM
"
pierrowww87 wrote:
Hey all, i'm quite new to the game and i wondered if AOE physical spells like earthshatter or earthquake or whatever physical and AOE (but not cyclone) can impale.

To get an answer i tried a settup with earthshatter impale support and active dreadbanner. The result is the banner is absolutly never gaining a single stage. So i conclude that AOE physical spells just cant triggrer impale at all exept cyclone, im i right ?

And if im right, i dont understand why according to path of building community, impale support and impale nodes give a massive damage boost to earthshatter (and ohters physical aoe spells)

They're not spells. They're attacks.
So yes, they can impale.
Maybe you're just doing something wrong.

Edit: You don't seem to have a 100% impale chance anyway and The Impaler node means that you can't impale same enemy many more than every 4 seconds and dread banner only gets maximum of 5 stacks / second.
Last edited by imanubcake on Jul 5, 2020, 11:52:03 AM
"
imanubcake wrote:
"
pierrowww87 wrote:

They're not spells. They're attacks.
So yes, they can impale.
Maybe you're just doing something wrong.

Edit: You don't seem to have a 100% impale chance anyway and The Impaler node means that you can't impale same enemy many more than every 4 seconds and dread banner only gets maximum of 5 stacks / second.

even if i dont have 100% it doesnt mean i have 0% i should impale at least sometimes and stack the banner !

i agree the impaler node should allow to get way much more than 5 impale per second but the banner should gain stacks even capped at 5 /sec. According to tooltips i should gain 5 stages then nothing during 4 sec then again 5 etc etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info