repeatable DeviceLostError

The crash occurs when I'm trying to restore the client from taskbar every other time.

"
[CRIT Client 2144] [VULKAN] vk::DeviceLostError::DeviceLostError: vk::Queue::submit

for client version 3.14.3 the exception:
"
Exception code: 0xe0000001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034ed9

This constantly happens since 3.13
I've reported this before but nothing has changed in half a year.
All I can do at this point is assume that there is an obvious user-friendly solution to this problem.

So, how am I suppose to fix this?
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2021, 7:35:18 AM

233 crashes when restoring client window from taskbar since March 30.
Have mercy!
the kernelbase.dll error mostly related to driver and hardware....

standard answer. Post dxdiag (del some sensitive line such as hardware serial number, device name if you like)
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Same error in 3.15

"
Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60fac923
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1110, time stamp: 0x4809adf2
Exception code: 0xe0000001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034ed9

"
vk::DeviceLostError::DeviceLostError: vk::Queue::submit
The crash exist since 3.13, it's 100% reproducible, 6 month since bug report, two major patches and one engine overhaul later the bug still exist. WTF? What am I suppose to do at this point? Quit?
For my GTX 1080, vulkan was very good in the first month.
But after that, it got unstable and with worse performance than dx11 :(

It's still a beta and I don't think it will be improved in the near future.
Last edited by MrVaad on Jul 24, 2021, 7:23:59 PM
So I assume this is not a bug since you don't fix it for half a year,
and this is not a technical issue because I didn't get any support here.

Whiskey Foxtrot Tango

I don't remember when I last time have closed the client in conventional way. it's always a crash.
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Aug 1, 2021, 2:57:10 AM
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
So I assume this is not a bug since you don't fix it for half a year,
and this is not a technical issue because I didn't get any support here.

Whiskey Foxtrot Tango

I don't remember when I last time have closed the client in conventional way. it's always a crash.

1.You guessed right on the first one.
2.Just because you have managed to locate tech support section of forums, does not entitle you to a resolution.

There are millions of people using millions of different computers with millions of different configurations.
For vast majority of those people knowledge of tech stretches about as far as how to turn it on or off.
Now i am not saying you're one of them, but it does make me question your ability to come to terms with fact that it most likely is an issue on your end.

Most bugs that outright crash client get resolved rather quickly, when a genuine issue with the game appears, so does forum spam of said issue, if you were around back when they introduced preloading of assets for the first time and messed up big time, you'd know what i mean by forum spam.
Now either you are clueless or blind, but you said it your self, 6 months since ''bug'' report, multiple patches and an engine overhaul, and problem is still there. If at this point you have not even considered that it might be some weird error on your end, i honestly don't know what to suggest here.

No rest for the wicked.
No reaction from mods so I have to reply to this, I guess.

Let's ignore the pointless rant and minor insults part and go over the suggestions.
"
Daiena wrote:
issue on your end

Through 200 words and 1000 symbols we got to this. Alrighty.

3.13 was released January 15, 2021
At that time I've used 20.12.1 WHQL driver released at December 8th, 2020
so my PoE client worked just fine for 38 days.
Right after 3.13 release I've noticed the described issue.
Since then AMD released nineteen driver versions including three WHQL LTS
And the problem persist in all of them.
Since 21.5.2 I do DDU before each driver instalation. Just to be sure.
And the problem persist to this very day
I think, probability that GGG has changed something in a wrong way with 3.13 release is quite higher than the chance of my hardware/software setup all of a sudden become the issue.
I think, from my end I did everything I could to prevent this from happening. All I have left is to bump the thread in hope of eventually getting a tiny bit of support time and a fix to this problem.

"
a_z0_9 wrote:
The crash exist since 3.13, it's 100% reproducible, 6 month since bug report, two major patches and one engine overhaul later the bug still exist. WTF? What am I suppose to do at this point? Quit?

In the same boat as you, was good before Ritual league, after that unusable due to the "[VULKAN] vk::DeviceLostError::DeviceLostError: vk::Queue::submit" crashes. Tried two million things and nothing resolves it, so I've been playing on DX11 past few leagues. Sometimes works really well, and sometimes is stuttery as hell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info