The lost expedition - ancient kalguuran text

Thanks for your report, we've passed this on to be looked at.
"
rockdog2161 wrote:
Same issue for me... Inside a Battlegrounds Graves logbook zone, found the book, clicked it and it disappeared (but did not appear as an item in my inventory). Came out and talked to Dannig who, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, had some extra lore text available but did not acknowledge that I had found anything.

Interestingly returning to the cave, the book is back on the ground and cannot be interacted with.

To clarify, if a new piece of saga dialogue is available through Dannig, the quest has progressed successfully. There are some problems that make it unclear whether anything has happened, which present as you describe here. We're working on a fix.
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
Thanks for your report, we've passed this on to be looked at.

any fix

5 days in the league and the first quest of expedition still bugged.

cmon bruh

This should have been updated in the Latest Patch.

Improved the visibility of new dialogue options available from Dannig after discovering Ancient Kalguuran Text. Dannig will now have an exclamation mark for new translated text dialogue options you have discovered in that instance.
What's meant to happen here is that when you click on the Ancient Kalguuran Text your quest will update to talk to Dannig and the Ancient Kalguuran Text should disappear from the ground (it won't drop any items and you won't gain any items).

Dannig will only have the exclamation mark in that Logbook area you picked up the text (not in Maps/Towns/Hideouts).

New dialogue options should be available from Dannig when you pick up the Ancient Kalguuran Text.
"
adghar wrote:
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
What's meant to happen here is that when you click on the Ancient Kalguuran Text your quest will update to talk to Dannig and the Ancient Kalguuran Text should disappear from the ground (it won't drop any items and you won't gain any items).

Dannig will only have the exclamation mark in that Logbook area you picked up the text (not in Maps/Towns/Hideouts).

New dialogue options should be available from Dannig when you pick up the Ancient Kalguuran Text.

I'm not sure if it's worth the whole effort of posting a separate Feedback and Suggestions thread just to address this, so breaking SOP a bit here and just replying directly:

If no item is intended to drop, shouldn't the Ancient Kalguuran Text not use green text and instead use ordinary text as an interactable object with an exclamation point over it? The likely reason you are getting this many bug reports and misunderstanding on the subject is the fact that in every other scenario in the game, when there is a green text world object, interacting with it drops a green text quest item that you can put into your inventory.

I'll pass this on.
"
Cykoor wrote:
For me quest changed to talk to Danning in Logbook are but when I talked to him quest went back to previous one and did not progress. I did this 2 times but now just don't want to waste any more logbooks

Spoiler
There are a lot of Ancient Kalguuran Texts to find. They have the same name but each one will unlock a different dialogue option from Dannig.
Last edited by Jatin_GGG on Jul 30, 2021, 12:52:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info