Is a Ryzen 1200 to slow to run the game on low ?

Did the system requirements significantly increased ?

Currently I run a Ryzen 1200 , AMD RX590 and 16 GB Memory.

My FPS rate is between 50-60 and drops at certain fights even 40 and lower.
Even on 1080p and lowest settings.

Could it be my settings or is my CPU to slow to run the game smoothly ?
I initially thought I should get there 100 FPS easily.
Last edited by mar0deur on Sep 16, 2021, 3:56:18 PM
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2021, 5:58:44 AM
I'm using Ryzen 2600 and RX570 at 1080p semi-default settings
Spoiler

[DISPLAY]
background_framerate_limit=48
background_framerate_limit_enabled=true
bloom_strength=0.691
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
camera_zrotation=true
depth_of_field=false
directx_version=auto
dx11_antialias_mode=1
dx9_antialias_mode=0
dynamic_resolution_factor=1
dynamic_resolution_factor_enabled=false
dynamic_resolution_fps=50
framerate_limit=75
framerate_limit_enabled=true
framerate_limit_max=200
fullscreen=false
global_illumination_detail=0
incursion_effect=false
light_quality=2
max_PS_shader_model=ps_vkn
max_VS_shader_model=vs_vkn
maximize_window=false
post_processing=false
renderer_type=Vulkan
screen_shake=false
screen_shake_v2=false
screenspace_effects=1
screenspace_effects_resolution=0
shadow_type=hardware_7_samples
texture_filtering=2
texture_quality=0
time_manipulation_effects=false
use_dynamic_particle_culling=true
use_dynamic_resolution=true
vsync=false
vulkan_antialias_mode=0
water_detail=1

88fps in an empty Oriath instance
98fps next to the Kitava's throne (Oriath upper left corner, less than a year ago I got over 150fps at that spot)
79fps in a small empty hideout

So, yea. Ryzen 1200 is already barely enough, I'm afraid the next major patch will make my system inoperable as well.

Spoiler
I'd recommend to use Vulkan renderer if possible, if your monitor has adaptive sync / freesync support — use it, it helps greatly during combat lag spike.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Sep 17, 2021, 8:34:29 PM
Ok, that sucks.
I just don't get the why and how.
I don't see the significant changes that would justify a increase nor do I think it would be even important to improve the graphics.
Also I think it is going to hurt their business since less players can play the game with their setup it excludes a large group of potential customers.
Ryzen 3000 upwards is like 200-300 $, who is going to upgrade that to just play one game if anything else they play runs smoothly ?
And how many are going to already have the CPU, it has just been out since 2019, should be definitely a smaller fraction.
Last edited by Mar0 on Sep 21, 2021, 9:30:22 AM
"
Mar0 wrote:
Ok, that sucks.
I just don't get the why and how.
I don't see the significant changes that would justify a increase nor do I think it would be even important to improve the graphics.
Also I think it is going to hurt their business since less players can play the game with their setup it excludes a large group of potential customers.
Ryzen 3000 upwards is like 200-300 $, who is going to upgrade that to just play one game if anything else they play runs smoothly ?
And how many are going to already have the CPU, it has just been out since 2019, should be definitely a smaller fraction.

Just because it's a f2p game does not mean they should sacrifice tech and graphical fidelity to appease people who should get a console instead of pc.
Also, the game has console ports, in a long run it's far cheaper option than upkeep of a pc.
I personally have good enough setup where graphical improvements would not be an issue, so from my point of view, any graphical improvements are important and more than welcome.
P.S. a person who is running a low end pc to a point the game barely runs will not spend any money on a free to play video game because he aint got any.
No rest for the wicked.
Like I said I don't see any big improvement. to me it just draws the more resources while basically looking the same.

I started to play the game since the beta with at least 4 different systems.
I also bought 500+ coins here.
My game account is linked through steam and I use another account to post forums because I got difficulty to find the login data.

I don't have any issue to pay for it like a regular game, the game is amazing and the game development is is second to none so far.

It just a huge jump to 200-300 $ for a new CPU while you can play almost every other game without any issue.
We are not talking about high settings either, I try to run the game on low.

Also I think the larger portion of PC Players will still have a lower system then 3rd and 4th gen Ryzen and many will decide just to skip the game till they upgrade the system or maybe even never give it a chance again if they try it the first time.

I think everyone is important for the community even if they don't pay it is beneficial to have a larger community to increase the popularity.
If a large portion of gamers can't run the game or run the game with a playable framerate, you just ostracize a large portion of the demographic.
Last edited by Mar0 on Sep 22, 2021, 5:59:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info