Activation failed. Unable to open portals to area.

Hi,

When trying to open portals to Al-Hezmin's citadel the following message appears: "Activation failed. Unable to open portals to area."

I've searched the forum but couldn't find any fix or solution except "it'll be fixed next patch" on a post from 2016.

I'm opening the map with Alva, Maven witnessing and the default increased quant - if that's useful in any way.

Trying to include screenshot but i always suck at it:

In case it didn't work:
https://imgur.com/gallery/AgPeVZB
Last edited by Patrickmnz on Sep 18, 2021, 4:41:59 AM
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2022, 9:24:12 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"activation failed" usually is a result of some fragment being left in the map devices' slots which prevent the map from opening.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Also having this issue on blight maps I am running.

I have to try it 5-10 times for the map device to finally work.

This is a bug, and not a cause of fragments in the map device.
"
vio wrote:
"activation failed" usually is a result of some fragment being left in the map devices' slots which prevent the map from opening.

As i tried to mention the map has no fragments in the map device (i was probably not clear enough). The map is opened through Zana, it has 0 extra sac frags, scarabs or anything, it has alva, and it has the default increased quant.
For good messure i've double checked for left-behind frags in both the map device and zana's interface, but nothing is there.

Bug still happens a day later and i can't progress my atlas.
Day three update;

I have now run several other maps without any problems but i still can't open the god forsaken citadel. I've tried everything now. Rerolling mods on the map, toggling maven off, finishing the alva temple i was "stuck" on and starting a new, but nothing helps.
I wish it would work after 5-10 tries like the blight guy but i'm on 20+ tries now, and everytime i want to try again i have to reload my hideout (since the zana option to open the map is essentially removed when it fails).

@GGG Could you atleast give me a heads up that you're looking in to this? I can't progress my atlas and i'm rapidly losing motivation to play because of it.
as it's a account related issue, just mail them and point to that thread => support@grindinggear.com
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Final edit;

I contacted GGG who initially couldn't seem to locate the problem but promised to forward my issue and investigate further. Meanwhile i finally surrendered, after 4 days of not being able to do Al-Hezmin, i toggled off Alva. Lo and behold, it worked. It was the thing i wanted on the map the most and i was quite stubborn about it but after trying every other possible fix (Spawning another conq and completing the citadel, toggling of maven, rerolling map mods, moving the map in the map device, relogging, running a 'Pack Check') i finally gave in.

TL;DR:
For me the problem seemed to be Alva. Map worked as soon as i turned her off.

But the issue seem to be bigger than that. I can't imagine alva would be the problem for a guy trying to do blighted maps and encountering the bug.
GGG, This bug is causing my not to be able to open ANY maps in standard league.
Not a single map will open.

Can you PLEASE fix this already?!
Same problem here. Trying to run blights (T14 Blighted Lookout Map) Something seems wrong with Lookout. Have 3 lookouts, none work.
No fragments. No Alvas, nothing. Just plain blight map. Tried the 5 slots in map device.
In the standard league. Any fix GGG?

PS. T14 Terrace Blighted also don't work
Last edited by PiTBvLL on Dec 8, 2021, 12:28:31 PM
Happening to me too. T14 blight ravaged terrace. I can open other maps, but when I put this one back in, it says activation failed. Unable to open portals to area.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info