Skills suddenly not working

Hi!

Is there a Goatmen spell or skill that drains mana and prevents mana regen?

I encountered my skills not working all of a sudden while being attacked by Goatmen in Geode map. Even the flasks weren't working. Only mouse movement seemed to work.

Resurrecting back at my hideout there was nothing wrong with using my skills or the keyboard.

Any help or info is appreciated.
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2021, 11:04:37 AM
Baran influenced map maybe? The ground runes used by Baran mobs degen mana in a hurry.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
eosguy wrote:
Hi!

Is there a Goatmen spell or skill that drains mana and prevents mana regen?

I encountered my skills not working all of a sudden while being attacked by Goatmen in Geode map. Even the flasks weren't working. Only mouse movement seemed to work.

Resurrecting back at my hideout there was nothing wrong with using my skills or the keyboard.

Any help or info is appreciated.

one option is the answer from @aggromagnet.
Other option can be your CWDT setup. This now cost mana to use so each time you are hit and CWDT is activated, mana will be removed.
It was working fine other times. Just this one instance... and a few minutes ago I got bad lag in the mines and died with a 1HKO. Possible Singapore server issues?
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Baran influenced map maybe? The ground runes used by Baran mobs degen mana in a hurry.

Can't even check it now. Quit the game and restarted Steam and now POE is stuck at updating configuration. I'll give it a look later. Quite possible but I ran the map last night and had no issues at all.

Update: The map is Drox influenced, not Baran.
Last edited by eosguy on Sep 21, 2021, 4:26:58 AM
"
eosguy wrote:

I'm glad to hear this does not only happen to me !!!

I experienced the same situation several times: anything key-bound (skills and flasks) was disabled, only mouse skills were working.

This is not due to any ingame issue, as far as I can tell: I couldn't use instant skills, channel skills, skills using mana or blood magic skills, and flasks were locked as well. However, this ALWAYS happened during or shortly after huge performance issues, such as delirium + other league mechanic (like Rituals), Conqueror spawning + Sirus appearance, Betrayal spawn during another league mechanic, etc. Maybe Goatmen jumping around while some Drox minions appear could do that as well.

At first I thought my keyboard had issues but it works perfectly fine for everything except these PoE specific situations. I've no idea what to do to solve this.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

I experienced the same situation several times: anything key-bound (skills and flasks) was disabled, only mouse skills were working.

This is not due to any ingame issue, as far as I can tell: I couldn't use instant skills, channel skills, skills using mana or blood magic skills, and flasks were locked as well. However, this ALWAYS happened during or shortly after huge performance issues, such as delirium + other league mechanic (like Rituals), Conqueror spawning + Sirus appearance, Betrayal spawn during another league mechanic, etc. Maybe Goatmen jumping around while some Drox minions appear could do that as well.

At first I thought my keyboard had issues but it works perfectly fine for everything except these PoE specific situations. I've no idea what to do to solve this.

What you are describing sounds like lag (pc lag / network lag).

Happens to me all the time.

Mostly when there are sudden spawn of mobs, or when i go into a map.
All skills disabled for a while.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

Well I died again. And this time the keys bound to the flasks didn't work in Crimson Township. I can use the skill keys but the flask keys didn't do anything. Frantically pressed all of them only to see my HP drop and died... so today from 85% exp to 51%. :(
That really does sound like a connection issue. You should display the performance metrics and watch for ping spikes.

If it is consistently problematic, try other gateways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info