This next installment of our Divination Card Stories series comes from kx10yf, creator of Rebirth and Renewal. Discover the tale behind their card in today's post!

Hello,

I'd like to share my story behind the design of the divination card: "Rebirth and Renewal". I have played Path of Exile on and off since its Beta release in 2013. I love this game because of its depth in gear crafting and its endless build possibilities. Every season is a brand new experience for me.

Since the significant buff of the summoner class in 3.8, I have started to play some builds like spectre, zombie, and raging spirits. I always love playing summoner classes in other Action RPGs, and this buff gave me the opportunity. Unfortunately, the summoner class has been balanced several times along the way after 3.8, but it is still lots of fun. Inspired by some forum patrons (Kay, for example), it is exciting to find some new feasible spectres, to incorporate new uniques into the builds, and to refine the builds by delving into major seasonal contents.

I have purchased several supporter packs, including the Exalted supporter pack released way back in 2013. Yet I never considered designing a divination card, as this is expensive for me. During the pandemic, I had more time to play video games, thus I decided to support and involve myself in the development of the game that I love and have played for so many years.

The name of the card, "Rebirth and Renewal", mirrors my playstyle as a summoner, which brings the undead army back to life that fights for me. While I designed this card, I thought of Gandhi's enlightening words: "Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn." Every day is new to us, we should embrace life with enthusiasm and passion.

Scarabs are an important item in-game to modify maps, and in ancient Egyptian myths, it is also a significant symbol for resurrection. The name, the flavor text, the reward, and the art all match the theme of a summoner build. This pandemic has had some adverse impacts on people's daily lives. I hope everyone sleeping in misery could wake up without pain and grief.

I believe we will come across each other in-game in due course, and I hope that this new card would give you some joy and help you find some good items in maps. Stay healthy and prosper, Exiles!
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info