Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hello!

I am an exile beginner and I made a character using this build. It works ok (i have serious problems with defence in boss fights), but I have a few questions I would like to see answered.

1. How do you deal with physical attacks from bosses?

I know there's chaos golem, and basalt flask and pantheon but for example, argus can still 2 shot me and 2 shot my decoy totem which makes him almost impossible to beat because of his attack speed. I can deal with most elemental bosses with resists and flasks for status aliment immunity and such but physical damage obliterates me. What do I do?

2. How to get the 150% increased effect of shock?

The skill tree presented by the OP only has 45% increase and inpulsa's gives up to 40% to a total of 85%. The skill tree gives us 6 jewel slots but 2 of them are used for -1 maximum endurance charges and (most likely) 1 for the int to dex conversion jewel to use inpulsa's and blind support in the first place. Even if we won't use a jewel for resists we only have 3 slots for 30% increased shock effect for a total of 115%. At this point even the darkness enthroned belt with 2 jewels each witch 10% increased effect of shock won't give us the desired 150%. How do you get around it?

3. What do you think about using Impresence (lightning) + blasphemy support + conductivity + (optionally) increased aoe or blasphemy + warlord's mark + (optionally) increased aoe?

The former could be used with 5L inpulsa's (for those who don't have it yet) with arc setup in it but without the lightning pen support. After getting 6L inpulsa's this setup makes no sense I believe.

The latter could be used after getting 6L inpulsa's and would help to deal with physical damage and mana sustain which could allow us to drop some mana regen nodes.
I know both of those options make enfeeble useless because of the curse cap and this is where my question comes up. Are any of those two worth throwing the enfeeble out the window?

Answers to any of those questions are greatly appreciated.
Hi!

I'm fairly new to POE & I want to thank you very much for sharing this guide!

Question re: Where to Find Your Tutorial for Buying Cheap gear on poe.trade -
I looked at your pastebin page here: https://pastebin.com/hmiz9VJL
It states "If it's your first time using poe.trade, I recommend taking the tutorial at the top of the page".
However, I can't find that abovementioned tutorial on that webpage.

Please point me in the right direction?

"
Nhmrath wrote:

Hi
We don't need endurance charges for immortal call as we linked it to cast when damage taken, means you receive the damage and voila immortal call will be activated.

2nd the gain from herald of thunder isn't important in endgame and remember it reserves 25% of mana, especially taking it together with wrath in essence worm our reserve is way too high. One thing with might over matter see it as extra hit points the lesser you have the quicker u die. So please drop it when you switch to mom. Enjoy the build.

ah, for some reason I thought that even though it was CwDT that Immortal call would still require us to have the charges before hand - good to know.

And I'll experiment with with dropping herald of thunder soon, I just thought it was odd to give up that much easy extra lightning damage with the passive tree, and I have noticed that if I position badly and get a few hits in I am mana strapped due to MoM. likely the reason why.

Thanks for the help!
@bex_HB

Replace Added Lightning Damage instead for now. Next patch will come with a reworked Arc gem setup, since it's already close to said patch I don't plan to implement any bigger changes like that to the guide right now.

@George20

Looks like you already got Uber Lab done, but in regards to gear you should really switch all the uniques (except for Inpulsa and Essence Worm) and your ring to something with life and all the other required stats listed. Flasks also need some work.

Also looks like you did your own thing with the Pledge and gem setup, to a point where it's not this build anymore. Therefore can't give much feedback about the overall effectiveness of your setup, but one thing i've noticed is the Culling Strike in your CwDt setup without having a hitting spell in there, this is basically a wasted link as cull needs a hit to work.

@smbcharger12

I did reply to the message you sent me,so here's just my reply from there again:

Gearwise there's lots to do, basically everything other than the Tabula, weapon and your boots needs to be changed. Check the required stats in gear section as a baseline, i'd also recommend getting an Essence Worm, Ahn's Heritage and two Fragility jewels. And switch the Quicksilver with a Basalt Flask.

Your gem setup also needs some work, your Arcane Surge is too high leveled and your two CwDt curses keep overriding each other. Check the gem section again and switch to that setup.

After that is done you should easily be able to do Merc Lab for a huge damage boost.

@broconno7

I don't know the exact value right now, but something around 50k unbuffed in hideout. That's however with a Lv21 Vaal Arc + Lv4 Empower, which in itself is the biggest possible boost to base damage, together with lots of good gear and Lv100 passives.

Biggest damage boost for you right now would be getting an Essence Worm, better flasks and overall more cast speed, which you seem to heavily lack right now. Rathpith Globe is also mostly wasted if you don't invest into high block chance.

@Delnai

Nhmrath already gave a few good ideas, in addition I wanna mention that you should chisel and vaal each Shaped Vaal Pyramid to sustain them, or add Beyond with Zana instead of vaals if you got enough spare chaos. However, vaals are self sustaining in this map, so I think it's the better idea to do.

This will result in quite some high quantity/packsize 8mod maps or unidentified maps, which give a huge quantity bonus that helps to sustain the maps and get enough raw currency & unique item drops to vendor to sustain rolling maps.

I never had issues with alchs in SSF. Just recently started playing it more actively again to finish the last challenges, and went from 400 something alchs to 550+ right now while scour/alch rolling mostly T16s for Uber Elder.

The chisel/not to chisel part was fixed some time ago, I think it was even you who pointed out I had both mentioned within the same part.

@rejoyce

Looking at your current char, there was still lots of stuff that could be done to boost damage substantially, mostly through flasks, jewelry, jewels and enchants. Lv21 Arc + Lv4 Empower would also be another substantial boost, gem levels are one of the best ways to scale a spells damage.

That said, the planned setup for 3.4 will have more damage unless GGG nerfs anything.

@Clarau

Hey thanks, glad you enjoyed it :)

@Men0lis

The gems are Lv2/6 by the time you can get them from vendor, for leveling it doesn't matter too much but with the current setup i'd recommend to switch to the lower levels once you're able to buy Lv1 gems in Epilogue. This changes next patch though.

@SzybkiDiego020

Blind, Enfeeble, buffed Basalt through Alchemist and upgraded Pantheon are usually enough, for heavier hits you wanna try to avoid them in the first place, Decoy Totem and repositioning your char help with that. Argus has a rage mechanic, if you have troubles with him during that then just lure him far away from you with Decoy Totem while he's enraged, and keep moving until his rage wears off.

We get 55% shock effect from tree (the missing 10% coming from Elemental Focus), Arc itself has ~30% in endgame, the rest comes from Inpulsa and jewels, and potentially a shaped helmet, something i'll include next patch. That said, it's not too crucial to get to exactly 150%, just Arc, passives and Inpulsa set you at 100-125%, which is 40-45% more damage, the rest is just min maxing and has to be compared against regular damage jewels.

Impresence + Conductivity is more or less useless without curse investment, the less curse effect on bosses almost nullifies all gain and the range isn't big enough, so we'd have to stay pretty close for it to have effect. And then there's hexproof maps. It's better to take off damage and probability to get crit/hit through Enfeeble + Blind.

Warlord's Mark is also not helpful enough to be worth it. It would reserve too much mana, especially when using Essence Worm, the Endurance Charges won't be up at bosses and are straight up a downside when using Ahn's Heritage and the extra life leech does nothing, since we already reach leech cap. So all it would do is give mana leech, and there's better ways to sustain mana more reliably.

@Gkar_Narn_POE

Look at the top left where it says "Protip Confused? Take a short tutorial.". It's a script I think and there seems to be no way to link directly to it.

And now something out of personal interest: I've opened up a Twitter where starting with Delve league i'll post about major updates to this guide, other guides I may or may not do in the future, my streaming schedule and other stuff I haven't really figured out yet.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Aug 21, 2018, 2:23:10 AM
"
Enki91 wrote:

And now something out of personal interest: I've opened up a Twitter where starting with Delve league i'll post about major updates to this guide, other guides I may or may not do in the future, my streaming schedule and other stuff I haven't really figured out yet.

Your links misses the ":".

This is the correct link ;-)

https://twitter.com/Not_Enki
Last edited by bex_HB on Aug 21, 2018, 2:18:36 AM
"
bex_HB wrote:
"
Enki91 wrote:

Your links misses the ":".

This is the correct link ;-)

https://twitter.com/Not_Enki

Thanks, actually had an @ added out of habit from naming the spoilers. Should be fixed now.
twitch.tv/enki91
When buying The Watcher's Eye, you advice to choose lighting damage leeched as mana, over DPS stuff (increased critical, penetration, etc).
Won't greater damage give us also more mana (and life) leech? Is it worth looking for mana leech on Watcher's when I have Mind Of The Council

Also
How much should I invest into block to make Rathpith reliable (I do not have much place to do it, except maybe Reckless Offence jewel, or Rumi's flask).

Is Ahn's Onslaught really worth it considering I have to use 2 jewel slots to make it work?

BTW I suppose one or two of my questions were already asked (but honestly browsing few hundred pages is an awful task), so some small FAQ in the first post would save you some time :)

BTW2 What is the base for your 3.4 notes?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Aug 21, 2018, 8:05:33 AM
@Nishrek

well, the watchers eye with mana leech gives the most consistent, reliable mana leech.

However, looking at your character ( if you play the level 88 elementalist ) i´d first try to get 5 or better 6 linked arc first,
for example via tabula before even thinking of a watchers eye.
I have mana leech / pen / light damage watchers you wana buy
"
bex_HB wrote:
@Nishrek

well, the watchers eye with mana leech gives the most consistent, reliable mana leech.

However, looking at your character ( if you play the level 88 elementalist ) i´d first try to get 5 or better 6 linked arc first,
for example via tabula before even thinking of a watchers eye.

Thanks for the answer :)
I will not have much free time in nearest weeks, so I may as well wait till the end of the league and rollover.
I have 6L Inpulsa somewhere in my Standard stash. So I consider buying a Watcher's in the Incursion because they are much cheaper there :)
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Aug 21, 2018, 2:56:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info