Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Do you think a 4L Vaal setup such as Vaal Spark or Vaal Storm Call would be a good alternative for destroying bosses? If so which link is the most potent?
I don't know if someone already pointed out, but i don't see a good reason to use a res penetration gem with CotB, you basically get only half the effect. Is there a good alternative option? Atm i'm using added lightning dmg and it works fine, any other ideas?
In game name - VomitingRainbows - GMT +1
Thx for the guide
This is my current gear:

is this hc/tempest viable?

do i follow the same skill tree?
Finally got myself a CotB. I've tried my suggested setup which removes Poacher's Mark in favor of Innervate, and it never procs. Anyone have any idea why Innervate wouldn't be a valid support on HoI in that link config? I may mention it in a bug/suggestion forum depending on the feedback here.
@TwoZeroThree: All you need for this build is a total of 98 dex to level Herald of Ice to 20.
If you've followed my passive progression, you'll have 84 dex after picking up Dark Arts, this means you'll only need 14 more from gear. The passive tree is also intentionally pathed along the +30 dex nodes so you can pick one up if needed.

If you get more dex than 98 through gear, you can level Poachers Mark and Vaal Haste as much as your dex allows. I get a total of 110 dex from my high end gear, which allows me to level those gems to max but this is not needed at all. The different is only marginal, so don't go out of your way to get more than 98 dex.

@kingkactuar: You could try Vaal Storm Call - Spell Echo - Light Pen - Conc Effect.

@kendoka: Even with CotB Lightning Penetration is still the best gem to use. When comparing Lightning Pen vs Added Lightning Dmg vs Inc Crit Dmg they're almost equal in raw damage output against 0% lightning resistance. Lightning Pen wins with higher lightning damage per hit, which means higher shock duration, or in other words the ability to shock higher life enemies which you couldn't shock using the other two gems.

And if that's not reason enough, just take into account that enemies in this game usually have more than 0% resistance, which means Lightning Pen flat out beats all other choices.

@lordgimli: Looking good so far!

@bbmello: It can be HC viable if you know what you're doing, and you know what content to skip with this build. I would not recommend it for HC newbies, this builds HC viability got a huge cuz with 2.0.

@MalaikatMaut: It's not a bug. Innervate will trigger towards the source of kill, which when linked to HoI is the heralds explosion. I did not think of this when you first mentioned it.
twitch.tv/enki91
Basically I'd have to link it with Arc because HoI is never actually producing the kill? May still be worth it in a 6L instead of cast speed. At least you get extra shock % as well as the 20% speed

My current gear at lvl 81. Not sure what I should upgrade next because it seems hard to find stuff. I've got around 60C.
@MalaikatMaut: The ~5s duration of Innervate is not enough to keep it up in longer bossfights without adds, so you'd lose a bunch of cast speed there. You could try gem switching for bossfights, but i'd personally be too lazy to do that.

@Breen: Your rings could need an upgrade with more life and mana regen respectively, other than that nothing you really have to improve.
twitch.tv/enki91
i have 25k dps, crit mutil 589% with lv 88, but i often die when i go lv 75, 76 map with add crit mods... die just with 1 hit...and i cant lv up..stuck in lv 88 for a month..my hp is 3k5 now..my 4 link gem CWDT-TC-frost wall -enfleebe not work because i kill creep so fast..i want to change 4 link gem with minion, so they can tank for me...it possible ?
Or can you advise me how to barely die, my skill tree got the same with topic ...elemnet res near max 75%.
Last edited by Thared on Aug 24, 2015, 12:13:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info