unique items *no longer updated*

"
Zahndethus wrote:
"
Pheonid wrote:

Is the description text a reference to what I think it is...?

buck yeah it is

*brohoof*
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Oh how I've missed Hyrri's Ire. Now my cold dmg shadow will be complete.

I assume that the uniques Jonathan just mentioned follow the same rules as all other Items, i.e., if the item is req lvl i63 it can drop from a rare monster in a lvl 61 map.

I'd like to know if Jonathan posted the req lvl of the items or the bare minimum map lvl when the items can be found. So in the case of Hyrri's is the armor req lvl 63 or 65?

I was already taking in to account the bonus levels that rare monsters get. When I said something can drop from a level 63 map or higher, it was because the ilvl of the base item was 65.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
Rime Gaze has been in for ages now, just not dropping due to being high level so it isn't one of the "new" uniques. You should be able to find it in a level 63 map or higher now. I asked Carl about it and he said "It's good".
You guys are going to love tomorrow's patch. Seriously.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Lachdanan wrote:
*Bäm* 13 new uniqe items ?

Where did you hear this?
Unarmed attacks are Melee, but do not currently count as one handed or two handed weapons. Fists are not considered dual-wielding, either.
"
Xapti wrote:
I don't see why they had to nerf unarmed so that it's no longer 1 handed, 2 handed, or dual-wielding — doesn't even work with shield charge anymore because of it.
That's not a nerf - unarmed has never been those things (an investigation of code history suggests it might have been one-handed by default due to not being two handed back in 2010 sometime, but it seems that was probably added around the time that one-handed specific bonuses were), and shield charge not working with it is entirely unrelated (that happened ages ago when we made the restriction on not using wands work correctly, instead of it being enabled but performing a regular attack instead).
"
Covert wrote:
It's damaged can still be increased by general melee physical damage and general elemental damage (not WED).
Weapon elemental damage still applies, actually. Since it's not specific to any kind of weapon, it applies to all attacks.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 9, 2012, 11:25:47 PM
That axe / those axes or however we should refer to it, are gonna be a while. We haven't yet worked out how to do them in the game engine yet. So I wouldn't recommend making a build for them just yet.
Your the solution to that part is broadly correct, but the actual solution is notably more complicated than just what ou suggest as there are fundamental assumptions made about being able to use the off hand if you're dual wielding that also need to be changed and thoroughly tested.

Regardless, that part isn't the major sticking point.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
So say I have 200 Armor and get hit with a projectile for 100 physical damage. Do I apply the -10 first to get 90? And then factor in 200% armour to get 600? So now it's 600 armor vs 90 physical damage?

Or is it 600 armour vs 100 physical damage and then -10 from the remainder?
All modifications to damage taken occur after mitigation. Flat amounts +/- to damage taken occur before % increases/reductions (just as for everything else).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info