Why is there no "Greendude" for races?

Greendude is Highlander.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
I checked 3 times for dex amulet in act 1, killed merv at 27 minutes.

Was 30k from #1 marauder record. If there is a dex ammy there when I check at 9, I set the record by like 300k. (my last split in pyramid was 700k.)

Things like a dex ammy are insane for classes tbh. You go from 75 - 89 accuracy at 10 with it, and obviously for casters it allows you to level up your skills.

The fact that we have these scenarios where there are no rings\ammys on the vendor is just plain silly. I might have even had to go buy a cold ring for merv at 13, im not sure. It happens more than you'd think it should.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
they need to make recipe for stat amulets. life boots + transmute + coral amulet for str, mana for int and ms for dex
ms boots + blue qs for jade ammy, best recipe
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
Throzz wrote:

I'm still undecided on vendor RNG. There are several things you can do to reduce the variance such as muling, changing your passive tree, collecting vendor recipe items, making an extra trip to town, etc. Taking advantage of these will help anybody do "consistently well" in your standard 1hr+ races. The problem is when the emphasis of race seasons seems to be shorter races, decent, endless ledge, burst races, sig races, and side quests then doing "consistently well" doesn't seem to matter to the vocal population of racers.

personally im leaning towards vendor rng being fine, it's part of the knowledge and decision making you need to analyze to maximize your run given your current rng. there are also other ways of mitigating bad rng like you already mentioned, yes it costs time or dps passives but so be it, deal with it.

this is what makes racing interesting to me. i still dont really know what optimal decisions are in certain situations, do i transmute my QS or my chain belt for spell damage recipe because i dont have an alt, do i wait for the alt? how do you prioritize potential benefits to maximize your race performance given x situation. the rng factors into to this constant...organic decision making, it allows it to exist. (this is part of the reason i think endless ledge is easier because that race removes questionable decisions/prioritization it's more clearly defined, and therefore shifts more of the skill to killing efficiency)

if you remove vendor rng why stop there? why not remove pack size and magic pack rng, i feel that's a greater impact on your game than vendor rng. fundamentally, the magnitude of these changes may change the experience all together, maybe in a good way or possibly bad, i would tread cautiously.

-HeaT

Vendor rng is not fine. If fact, it's actually complete bullshit. I'm not sure what you mean by knowledge and decision making tbh. There's no decision to make if your vendor has +1 or ms at the start, if you don't prioritize them over anything else you most likely are not going to get anywhere near the top.
You can usually as caster at least get by with 2x corals, but melee are so fucking gimped without at least 1 res item at times, at least in sins3.
However with jade amulet it's ggnore. Yeah, you can get dex on items, but that means you actually have to find them, and outside of unique bosses most stuff doesn't really drop all that much early on in the game.

For your choice between transmute QS or chain belt, you would use it on the QS 99,9999999999999999999% of the time. Even if you roll some stun shit you are still going to use it, you can always aug something decent later even. Wasting time on an additional trip back to town to do spell damage recipe on a non quartz scepter is kind of useless at least.

I guess in a way there's some skill in endless ledge killing efficiency, but it really just comes down to getting easy mobs, and taking calculated risks when you don't.

Pack size/magic rng is only a greater impact in sig races. No amount of helmetpacks can compete with 5-6 boxes of 3magic pack rng. Honestly I think GGG should at least do something along the lines of changing that mechanic. Maybe 1 magic pack in normal difficulty, 2 cruel 3 merciless.

ps, after all this time. I still want hailrake quest to give you 2x qs with those descent champions build in movespeed boots.

XoXo ZoRoXo
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
lPeeps wrote:

There is no knowledge or decision making involved in not finding a jade amulet for say in your vendor, you cannot buy it before brutus, so after brutus + ship graveyard + merveil wp are the times where u can realistically go for it, and what if you never get it? Oh guess what your run is over. The RNG involved should be in getting the currency for the item, not randomly deciding if the item will be in your shop or not.

People complain about packsize WAY too much. It is absolutely not a greater impact on your run than if you cannot get items in the vendors that you need. Its not even close.

finding something is obviously not driven by decision making and knowledge, that is not what i implied.

but there is no knowledge OR decision making? seriously? you just implied it in your response, should you use wps at mervil and graveyard (graveyard especially wastes time since you dont need to be in that area at all), that's a decision and knowledge based. if you have portals should you tp out for a jade if it's THAT important to you? between graveyard and mervil it's easy to hit 2 levels (knowledge), should you tp for vendor between 1 of those levels then wp at mervil for the other? what about the other level or 2 you'll get going to mervil?

-HeaT

youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
ZoRoXo wrote:

For your choice between transmute QS or chain belt, you would use it on the QS 99,9999999999999999999% of the time. Even if you roll some stun shit you are still going to use it, you can always aug something decent later even. Wasting time on an additional trip back to town to do spell damage recipe on a non quartz scepter is kind of useless at least.

id take spell damage on a quartz over the rng on a quicksilver. and you get aug something decent if you ever get an aug, ive had races with no augs, it's not as uncommon as you think. but i was using it as an example to prove a point, maybe a bad example.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
HeaT1 wrote:

finding something is obviously not driven by decision making and knowledge, that is not what i implied.

but there is no knowledge OR decision making? seriously? you just implied it in your response, should you use wps at mervil and graveyard (graveyard especially wastes time since you dont need to be in that area at all), that's a decision and knowledge based. if you have portals should you tp out for a jade if it's THAT important to you? between graveyard and mervil it's easy to hit 2 levels (knowledge), should you tp for vendor between 1 of those levels then wp at mervil for the other? what about the other level or 2 you'll get going to mervil?

-HeaT

Did you not read my post? I said that you can check all 3 times, from the waypoints and STILL not get one, it has happened many times alot more than it should (zero). TP Spot in a1 is aweful so tping out takes alot of time just because you didnt get a item in your vendor, no decision making involved. What happens when u tp out and still dont get the amulet? oh enjoy your loss.

And you would NEVER transmute a chain belt over a quicksilver.

-Peeps
Last edited by lPeeps on Mar 15, 2015, 1:19:39 PM
"
lPeeps wrote:

Did you not read my post? I said that you can check all 3 times, from the waypoints and STILL not get one, it has happened many times alot more than it should (zero). TP Spot in a1 is aweful so tping out takes alot of time just because you didnt get a item in your vendor, no decision making involved. What happens when u tp out and still dont get the amulet? oh enjoy your loss.

-Peeps

you know what else takes a lot of time, more so than the shitty TP spot in act1, is having a run hampered by not checking an extra time.

just because something wastes time and is not optimal for a run doesn't mean it's not a decision you could make.

if you kill brutus at lvl 9 and hit 14 right before merv you have 6 opportunities for vendor checks 5 if you are lvl 13 and 4 if you are lvl 12. 5,4,3 respectively if you kill brutus at 10.

i just feels like the game provides other/enough opportunities regardless if they are not optimal for a perfect run.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
lPeeps wrote:

-Peeps

you know what else takes a lot of time, more so than the shitty TP spot in act1, is having a run hampered by not checking an extra time.

just because something wastes time and is not optimal for a run doesn't mean it's not a decision you could make.

if you kill brutus at lvl 9 and hit 14 right before merv you have 6 opportunities for vendor checks 5 if you are lvl 13 and 4 if you are lvl 12. 5,4,3 respectively if you kill brutus at 10.

i just feels like the game provides other/enough opportunities regardless if they are not optimal for a perfect run.

-HeaT

Checking extra times is wasting precious time. Something as little as 30 sec matters a lot, look at how close the signature records are. You're also not suppose to hit 14 for merveil, more often than not you barely hit 12. And you can count yourself very lucky if your flame blast levels before her. Most classes also kill brutus at 8, and if you have hilarious terrible rng on him you actually need a tp, which would mean you would have to somehow find 2 tp's before brutus.

I don't think the game provides nearly enough opportunities. The drop rates in this game has always been abysmal. No need to get screwed over extra for something that can be fixed relatively easy.
Remember the times before there was no IPD recipe? I don't know about everyone else, but I like racing a lot more these days. Even though it's relatively easier.

XoXo ZoRoXo
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Mar 16, 2015, 3:37:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info