How to increase Divination Cards drop rate?

If cards were affected by Magic find and IIQ and if these things actually worked or made a difference then i would be ok with it. But currently this is a shit design and the whole magic find and IIQ systems are trash.
Cards are affected by increase quantity. But they've decreased the drop rates on them from Beta, so it makes even less sense to try to farm them. Keep playing. Use the cards as a "gee-whiz" moment and someday you might turn in a set.

If your heart is set on a specific set, you're better off trading for it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

If your heart is set on a specific set, you're better off trading for it.

LOL! The irony is through the roof!!! :D
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 16, 2015, 8:55:12 AM
I find the decision to sell my IIQ gear and invest on clear speed a very good one. Simply doing maps is much more rewarding. I already have seen plenty of uniques. It's just a matter of time to find an unique with a higher rarity. I also like the new map setup very much. The alched rolls are mostly cool and the drops are plentyful.
So far 3 (the gambler) divination cards on 5 evenings of playing against ~15 uniques and many many rares. I stopped thinking about divination cards all together. Just don't aim for it.

(And yes I also believe they should be more common. On average around one per map would be awesome!)
"
Derpey wrote:
"
makii wrote:
Well if you didnt find any cards in DOCKs it means you outlvled that place by fare and got the drop rate debuff.

Ladies and gentlemen, the reason to why Divination Cards are the winner of worst feature added in Path of Exile.

Seriously, this is Corrupted Zones all over again, forced to farm zones 10-20 levels under you and get nothing out of it.
I don't know a single person who'd want to farm Cathedral as an example for a specific card. Awful feature, and the worst droprate in history.

I wouldn't even know they'd been added if I didn't read the patchnotes, since not a single card have dropped so far.

Are some ppl really gonna farm low lvl area for card ? sounds dumb as fuck...
"
Derpey wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, the reason to why Divination Cards are the winner of worst feature added in Path of Exile.
Seriously, this is Corrupted Zones all over again, forced to farm zones 10-20 levels under you and get nothing out of it.
I don't know a single person who'd want to farm Cathedral as an example for a specific card. Awful feature, and the worst droprate in history.

div cards are the best addition to mid game rewards since corrupted zones because, with some luck and average playtime, they enable the casual player access to items they will otherwise never see.

getting these items is probably designed to be rather a long term goal.

the only flaw in their design was that their intent to motivate replaying the game fails because it's more effective to let your char die to farm them effective than reroll.
a low enough droprate fixes that because if it's not worth farming them short term, they better serve their purpose as a additional side gratification (as shags wrote).

"
Derpey wrote:
I wouldn't even know they'd been added if I didn't read the patchnotes, since not a single card have dropped so far.

most of them start dropping in cruel.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I thought they were pointless from the time they were first announced, and playing with them in the game confirms my impression.

In other words, I never expect to complete a set.
"
Truper17 wrote:
I thought they were pointless from the time they were first announced, and playing with them in the game confirms my impression.

In other words, I never expect to complete a set.

of course not. because to complete a set the game requires you to play more than a nolifer gets done in 4 to 5 days (get one level 85 char that is).

this game is designed with the intention to motivate players to trade and so interact with each other.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:

div cards are the best addition to mid game rewards since corrupted zones because, with some luck and average playtime, they enable the casual player access to items they will otherwise never see.

"
vio wrote:
of course not. because to complete a set the game requires you to play more than a nolifer gets done in 4 to 5 days (get one level 85 char that is).

So umm.... its good for casual but to complete a set we need to play more than nolifer? im confuse.......
Does anyone know if cards that are tied to a specific zone, also drop from maps that are based on the same zone?

aka Docks=Wharf=Pier=Shipyard

That would make so much more sense to me, running Docks with a level 94 is kinda stupid.
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info