Map drops - assessment of 2.0.0, and changes coming in 2.0.2

"
camapngu133 wrote:
The change is very fine. Before the patch I have to stick with my MF Witch (90/ 210 IIQ/IIR) and still find it hard to build up a decent 75-79 pool. Now I can run with my Marauder 0% IIQ and I'm swimming in 75-76s. 80s and above still extremely hard to find, which I believe had matched the purposed of GGG.

Your character's IIQ/IIR has no effect on map drops.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:
The change is very fine. Before the patch I have to stick with my MF Witch (90/ 210 IIQ/IIR) and still find it hard to build up a decent 75-79 pool. Now I can run with my Marauder 0% IIQ and I'm swimming in 75-76s. 80s and above still extremely hard to find, which I believe had matched the purposed of GGG.

That's not true. I saw the different, I don't believe in theory.
"
camapngu133 wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:

That's not true. I saw the different, I don't believe in theory.

lol.. GGG has confirmed that your character IIR/IIQ has no effect, its fact, not theory, however i do not believe you are using that term properly either.
"
Qarl wrote:
The problem is much more pronounced in Standard and Warbands than Tempest. The drop rates we have seem to suit the mapping styles of hardcore more, where players are more likely to build up a base of maps, and work up through their maps, rather than always running their highest map.

Am I just being ignorant, or could this be explained by the fact that tempests give a bonus to quantity in the zones they affect? Whereas warbands give nothing in terms of map drops. Sorry if this has been brought up, but I don't have the patience to sort through dozens of pages.
"
grallo wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
The problem is much more pronounced in Standard and Warbands than Tempest. The drop rates we have seem to suit the mapping styles of hardcore more, where players are more likely to build up a base of maps, and work up through their maps, rather than always running their highest map.

Am I just being ignorant, or could this be explained by the fact that tempests give a bonus to quantity in the zones they affect? Whereas warbands give nothing in terms of map drops. Sorry if this has been brought up, but I don't have the patience to sort through dozens of pages.

Yeah, the devs appear to be really, really disconnected from the reality of the game.
I think the sample size is not enough to determine if the drop rate has gotten any better or worse. At least for me it seems worse, my pool is shrinking. Could be bad luck tho.

BUT, what should absolutely not happen and is discouraging beyond belief is when a boss drops a map thats minus several levels.

Overgrown Shrine boss (lvl79) just dropped me this nice -10 levels!!! iLvl 81 map:

"
Avacyn wrote:
I think the sample size is not enough to determine if the drop rate has gotten any better or worse. At least for me it seems worse, my pool is shrinking. Could be bad luck tho.

BUT, what should absolutely not happen and is discouraging beyond belief is when a boss drops a map thats minus several levels.

Overgrown Shrine boss (lvl79) just dropped me this nice -10 levels!!! iLvl 81 map:

Exactly. I have samé feeling. Is even much worse.
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:
"
Yggdrasil_57 wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
I've done a 3hr mapping session from 75s to 78s and it seems about the same to me. Some garbage rolled 60% dropped a ton of maps and I "even" got a 79 out of a 142% Springs, but mostly it's just -2 to -5 drops...

In most cases I run 100%+ maps, which are noticeably more difficult than 60% maps, but the returns are the same.

GGG, mapping is still a senseless mess, because:

* too wide RNG variance in drops
* you over-nerfed cartoboxes (practically non-existent now)
* you totally nerfed exiles, beyond bosses, invasion bosses...
* you made Zana 8 useless
* map drops depend more on hidden parameters (seed) than parameters under player control
* map quantity = difficulty, does not influence the quality of maps dropped (see first point)
* there's way too much temporal chains & ice ground bullshit
* bugs leading to DC's & crashes

A system with great potential to deliver that difficulty-based progression ARPG fans love, messed up by weirdo economy-centric design invented by people who played D2 as a trade simulator. GGG, your shiny new offices need more ARPG players and less monopoly & gambling enthusiast.

My thoughts, exactly.

Mine too. I usually read morbo posts and agree with him 95% of the times.

I played 5x75 maps today, I know, very low sample, but my feelings are the same. Its like they changed nothing T_T...

I to agree on this. For endgamers this is a big issue! Some time should be spend on overhauling the map drop system...
so I just chilseled and chaosed 5x ridiculous lvl79 maps, rippy as it comes mods double boss vuln shocking ground village ruins and overgrown ruins, stupid maps. Ran 4 of them, this is what I got

looked at the 5th map and asked myself why am I putting myself through this? Why am I playing these retardedly rippy maps? Last map is a double boss horrific overgrown ruin 100% quant, so I said fuck it, spent 1 chaos on it, went down to 68% quant, no rippy mods at all, easy as it comes...

welcome to your bullshit map system. You will be found out guys, people will realise that rolling thier maps means absolutely nothing and we will be back to high level players alt regaling the highest tiers of maps for easy mods because they found you out and realised it doesnt mean anything. The risk vs reward is completely non existant, the currency investment is absolute waste, its a farce. The whole investment principal works off emotional blackmail, u get fuck all and feel guilt tripped into investing, and that works at first as a way of getting players to invest. Then people realise that it doesnt really matter either way, its just rng, and that they feel even worse if they actually invest rather than just alch n go. Then we go back to not investing like we always do, same cycle, map system changes, we invest, realise its bullshit, go back to not bothering.

Ran 5x huge quant necros the other day, didnt get more than a -2 out of any of them. Then I ran 5x white gorge maps just for gorge speed run lols, got a ton of +1 and same level maps back, from WHITE maps. Thats day by day, map by map, thats what I can observe as a player. The rolling maps investment risk vs reward blah blah, it doesnt work, simple as that.
For the first day after the release of the map drops, the first 3 maps I did seemed actually decent.

Now, however, I do a 78-80 map, and I get no returns, no +1, and also not even 76-77 drops. Rarely ever getting a 75 drop. Before the release of more map drops, I was actually getting better drops.

Poe, oh sweet poe. You need to relook at Map Drops for Warbands. Standard wasnt the only one needing some love. =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info