[2.2] Poor Man's guide to big wand CoC - 200K Dps and Atziri on a 5L

Nice build, just re-speced a level 84 scion and threw some gear together and it's doing great.

Thanks for another well written and useful guide. I've respeced a lvl 65 into the build and having been doing very well with material I had in my stash.

Keep up the good work.
I'm finding that I can keep mana costs under control by using a lvl 1 barrage gem. 13 mana per shot. No Elreon Jewelry needed.

Also, a 20 quality ice spear gem is just superb.
"
lussiano wrote:
Question: do you think it could work fine with a Tabula, using PCoC as the sixth gem?

Yes if you run a Tabula you can use Pcoc and get the same results as a 5L Voll's.

"
Wallwalker22 wrote:
You said that with Elreon rings you can keep up with a 0 mana cost, that's cool and all but getting GOOD Elreon rings is REAAAALLY hard.
How is the mana upkeep without these rings?

Do you personally have any mana issues?
Why did you choose Blood Siphon over Soul Siphon?
What if you took the 8% max mana and Soul Siphon and the 3 life nodes, that's only 2 points more, but would fix most, if not all mana issues I guess.

I have Zero mana problems and I do not use Elreon rings. I just run a level 2 clarity and have a +1 mana gained for each enemies hit by your attacks jewel. Also I forgot to say that you need to run your Barrage at lvl 1.

"
Dreschau wrote:
Came here from link on your poor mans bow guide because I so enjoyed the way you wrote that one up, happy to say you didn't disappoint, both guides are not only informative, and concise, but also entertaining.

Kudos and thanks.

I officially volunteer you to write an SRS guide next since I'll probably do that for the upcoming 5week league.

Glad you like the guide. Thanks for that. I don't play summoner and have never done SRS. But I did right a pretty significant Atziri farmers guide for Incinerate but that meta is dead. Maybe I should branch out... hmmm....

"
Nice build, just re-speced a level 84 scion and threw some gear together and it's doing great.
Spoiler

Glad you are liking it! Let me know how you go as you progress.

"
Thanks for another well written and useful guide. I've respeced a lvl 65 into the build and having been doing very well with material I had in my stash.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks keep us updated with your progress.

"
I'm finding that I can keep mana costs under control by using a lvl 1 barrage gem. 13 mana per shot. No Elreon Jewelry needed.

Also, a 20 quality ice spear gem is just superb.

Yes, yes it is a beautiful thing.

Have done a pretty large update. I have added a lot more info to the gear section including discussions on various pieces of gear. And explaining my philosophy on wand progression. Thanks for the feedback everyone, happy hunting.
Last edited by AngryCustard on Oct 25, 2015, 9:57:53 PM
Currently at Lv61
Current gear:
Spoiler

With this gear and 6 Power Charges, I'm capped at 95% crit chance.

Damage is very respectable, still on low life currently, only have 2.2k.

This build is a ton of fun, but very glass-cannon, 2-3 hits from rares and I die. However a Surgeon's Flask of Adrenaline allows me to near-infinitely kite almost all rares and bosses, resulting in an extremely quick clear speed and only issues with bosses in small, enclosed rooms.

Will let you know how it goes once I start mapping.
Last edited by Wallwalker22 on Oct 26, 2015, 5:50:12 AM
"
Wallwalker22 wrote:
Currently at Lv61
Current gear:
Spoiler

This build is a ton of fun, but very glass-cannon, 2-3 hits from rares and I die. However a Surgeon's Flask of Adrenaline allows me to near-infinitely kite almost all rares and bosses, resulting in an extremely quick clear speed and only issues with bosses in small, enclosed rooms.

I suspect giving your resistances a little more love would help a lot with the glass cannon problem.
"
AngryCustard wrote:

"
Dreschau wrote:
Came here from link on your poor mans bow guide because I so enjoyed the way you wrote that one up, happy to say you didn't disappoint, both guides are not only informative, and concise, but also entertaining.

Kudos and thanks.

I officially volunteer you to write an SRS guide next since I'll probably do that for the upcoming 5week league.

Glad you like the guide. Thanks for that. I don't play summoner and have never done SRS. But I did right a pretty significant Atziri farmers guide for Incinerate but that meta is dead. Maybe I should branch out... hmmm....

I've never played a summoner of any kind in this game period but I know it has a reputation for being a good build to go for when you have nothing really to start with, like the beginning of a new league, hence my decision to try that out.
"
"
Wallwalker22 wrote:
Currently at Lv61
Current gear:
Spoiler

I suspect giving your resistances a little more love would help a lot with the glass cannon problem.

Yeah mostly waiting to hit 68 so I can equip most high level base items and stuff.
"
Wallwalker22 wrote:
"
"
Wallwalker22 wrote:
Currently at Lv61
Current gear:
Spoiler

Yeah mostly waiting to hit 68 so I can equip most high level base items and stuff.

Having had a look at your gear, I would strongly recommend you ditch one or both of the Rat's Nest and Maligaro's. What you want to do is run a high life/resist/accuracy rare helm and or gloves. Failing that just keep one of them and I'd suggest that be Maligaro's.
Last edited by AngryCustard on Oct 26, 2015, 8:50:23 PM
Could you link your jewels? What would be the best affixes to look for?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info