[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

A viable variant for this build is to cast Firestorm via Scorching Ray / cast when channeling.

Complete setup would be something like this, only with firestorm instead of magma orb:

The increased area gem on this setup is the wildcard - you can place fire penetration / conc effect / whatever you like here, or nothing with a cheap 5-link. Elemental focus and controlled destruction are mandantory since they push both skills hard.

You loose a little bit of damage per hit, but earn up to 24% fire penetration on bosses, and the damage of the scorching ray itself which isn't to neglect at bosses.

All the increased duration nodes in this build in the necromancer version help to prevent the scorching ray debuff from falling off when repositioning is neccesary.

A side effect is casting scorching ray is much cheaper in mana - no problems here to get the mana,
and you can strip cast speed mostly off your equipment / skilltree for more damage or defense. Only no nice autocast here - but I think more damage, especially at bosses.
I did not read through all these tabs so sorry if I repeat anything.

I followed this guide to the best of my ability as a Necromancer build. I pretty much have everything setup as intended. It wrecked all the way till level 87. I now find myself at level 89 and am having a hard time moving along due to too many deaths. I typically die in tier 12 maps and higher. If the map mods give extra damage and extra crit damage it is easy to die fast if not careful. I try to clear fast but that just gets me killed eventually.

I am at about 4.3k life and have about 700 ES. If I somehow end up doing something stupid like running directly into a unique boss that does heavy melee I get 1 shot. Piety in the Malformation map will one shot me if I get hit by that beam, even if I use a flask to remove bleed. I feel too squishy.

I loved when I was lower level and using two paws. The life gain was so great I could stand in the center of a breach and spam firestorm. My health would go back up as fast as it went down. Now with one paw and a scourge I have to stay further away which hurts because warlords mark won't reach to regen the mana much of the time.

Most trash is still extremely easy, but some bosses and exiles who can leap slam to me constantly are problematic.

My gear should be public now. If not let me know. I would like to make sure my gear isn't the issue. I know there is much room for gear improvement.

Last edited by Ralistin on Jun 7, 2017, 1:44:58 PM
So do we just go for flat hp? No armor n ES?
ps i just came back the game xD
How will this build be affected by 3.0? Im not knowledgeable enough in the deeper mechanics (ala double dipping, etc) or what everyone is talking about that ES is dead
Maybe someone already asked this, but why don't you take extra burning damage from the pasive tree?
Will you change the build for the Fall of Oriath? And in general to be engaged in this build further? For me, this is important, since my one-time character is a elementalist for this build.
I haven't forgotten about any of you, this build will be updated for the 3.0 release :)
All the mechanics used in this guide will still be there in the 3.0 release. Currently, I'm messing around on the beta with the new support gems, see what they can offer to the build etc.

I'll most likely update the elementist version properly as well. Right now, it works, but it just feels dated. I'll keep it so that you can still use it in a Solo Self Found league, or as your first character in a fresh economy :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
I haven't forgotten about any of you, this build will be updated for the 3.0 release :)
All the mechanics used in this guide will still be there in the 3.0 release. Currently, I'm messing around on the beta with the new support gems, see what they can offer to the build etc.

I'll most likely update the elementist version properly as well. Right now, it works, but it just feels dated. I'll keep it so that you can still use it in a Solo Self Found league, or as your first character in a fresh economy :)

Thank you so much!
"

How much damage would a fairly high budget firestorm build do in terms of per hit damage? I've been experimenting on firestorm in path of building but I have no frame of reference for what is "good" damage for firestorm.
Just wanted to say thank you for the build (played as a elementalist then switched to the Necro).

Both version perform very well, are fun to play and I found it easy to learn (It took me from brand new to the game to lvl88 and mapping t5-10 maps)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info