[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Thank you very much for the guide. Enjoyed my 1st poe playthrough with your firestorm elementalist.

I've got a big quick question: what about Elemental Equillibrium?

I've noticed a big damage increase on maps that had it as a mod, so I've picked it and enojoyed a 1 point damage boost. I don't understand the mechanics very well, but my guess is that Herald of Thunder's small added lightning damage to spells kills their fire resistances with EE. I wonder if EE works well with that orb since you are dropping HoT.
Last edited by Fortran775 on Aug 4, 2017, 9:34:13 AM
Elemental Equilibrium is a terrible choice for Firestorm! Elemental Equilibrium adds it's effect after each hit! And since Firestorm hits a lot, all the hits after the first bolt deals less damage.

Sure the bolts from Herald of Thunder will give another hit from firestorm more damage, but... Firestorm rains a bolt every 0.1 second. You'll need a huge amount of cast speed to really benefit from Elemental Equilibrium. Just lowering the damage for every few bolts isn't worth the downside of the increased fire resistances.

Especially with Orb of Storms - you'll need to spam the attack every time you enter a new pack to make it worthwhile. I advice against Elemental Equilibrium.

It seems all 3.0 planners are down or not updated. I'll just hope poeplanner will be up soon.
Don't worry, I'll find a way to get the tree done, even if I need to screenshot it from the beta client(please no) ;D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Actually it is not a terrible choice, at least it was not until 3.0. Have you tried it? I have it on my char and it actually adds a lot of damage. My guess is that Herald of Thunder small passive part hits with lightning on every hit of firestorm and kills their resistances for EVERY HIT of the main fire part of firestorm.
"
Fortran775 wrote:
Actually it is not a terrible choice, at least it was not until 3.0. Have you tried it? I have it on my char and it actually adds a lot of damage. My guess is that Herald of Thunder small passive part hits with lightning on every hit of firestorm and kills their resistances for EVERY HIT of the main fire part of firestorm.

That is not how it works. The way EE works is that it gives +25 res to all element types from the last hit and -50 to any elemental type that was not used. The lightning bolts that surround the character part of HoT would activate +25 lightning res and -50 cold and fire res, but the first hit of firestorm would give +25 lightning AND fire res and -50 cold res. All that the added lightning damage part of HoT does is give the enemy +25 lightning res. It is even worse for EE firestorm.
Last edited by ExplosiveChaos on Aug 4, 2017, 10:37:10 AM
Well. What I was sure of is that the PASSIVE part of HoT that gives added lightning damage sets -50 for the next fire hit. I've just killed Hillock several times with and without EE to test it. My conclusion is this: I was completely WRONG about how EE worked and you were right.

So I apologize for bothering you on this busy day with this matter. Thank you very much again for your build! It is so good that allowed a complete newbie to breeze through high maps even with a gimped by a noob's EE char!)

Poor Hillock!
:D

Anyways, It seems Poeplanner won't be back in time. But don't worry, I think I know something :)
I also added a section about leveling uniques!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Due to an error I can not edit the first post. But here's the leveling guide people!

Leveling section.
A quick overview what to take, and when to take.

15 points
We pick up most of the nodes in the witch area. You can also pick up Lord of the Dead if you desire, but it won't be necessary just yet.

27 points
We pick up the first duration cluster. It's some ways away, but increasing the duration will feel really good :)

43 points
We head into the templar area, and get those juicy nodes. This is probably around the time you're going to face Izaro. Remember, your skelly totem will work miracles during the fight! We also pick up Elemental Overload. It might not trigger too often just yet, but the occasional increases are there.

55 points
By now you should have killed Izaro. We get Liege of the Primordial as out node. On the tree we pick up minion nodes. This is the point where your Zombies will be so much more effective :)

70 points
We should be around ready to face Izaro for the second time now! With the increased duration nodes and some extra health, we should be ready for this fight.

85 Points
This should be right before we face Izaro for the third time. We have Mind over Matter now, so make sure your clarity is max level, and your arcane surge is linked!

108 points
This is a good tree to have before you fight Izaro in the final Labyrinth. Remember, this fight will be hard, and the last two points we get aren't that special. Don't feel pressured in doing this lab!

122 points
This is an example of a end game tree.
I am a nice guy.
Thanks for update!
Thanks for this great guide. I notice the skill tree for the Scourge build (necromancer ascendancy) is not working.

Is it the same tree as the one you posted up there?
Great build, I'm using the necromancer version and it works perfectly, thanks! I'll wait for the update

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info