Ultimate Gem Combinations

"
konfeta wrote:
"
Spark+ Faster casting+ Multiple projectiles+ pierce+ Faster projectiles+ Added lightning damage.

I'd replace Pierce and Faster Projectiles with Crit Damage, Chaos Damage, or Critical Strikes. Faster Projectiles can be compensated with quality on spark.

Spark is the ultimate single target skill that way. It just wastes sooo much mana if used as an AoE Skill.

Currently, building a Power Charge/Avatar of Fire Templar built for Infernal Blow. I am thinking that the optimal combination for will be:

Concentrate Area + Improved Critical Damage + Improved Critical Strikes + Improved Area + Weapon Elemental Damage (highest single gem boost for the weapon swing component)

Apparently it takes a shedload of mods to get it that way.
"
konfeta wrote:
"
Spark+ Faster casting+ Multiple projectiles+ pierce+ Faster projectiles+ Added lightning damage.

I'd replace Pierce and Faster Projectiles with Crit Damage, Chaos Damage, or Critical Strikes. Faster Projectiles can be compensated with quality on spark.

Spark is the ultimate single target skill that way. It just wastes sooo much mana if used as an AoE Skill.

I build this solely on mind to totally annihilate anything in dungeons/caves. Piercing multiprojectile sparks which are super fast would travel far beyond aggro range and bounce from walls resulting in extra hits.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
the multi sparks thing might be dangerous in certain situation such as closed quarters (dungeons) and so forth in merciless bc of the copious amount of monster auras that exist in that difficulty.

so you could basically end up spamming a bunch of sparks that may find their way off screen to a bunch of reflect elemental damage mobs which would be bad :|
As Marauder I went with

Ground Slam +
Increase Area of Effect +
Concentrated Effect +
Added Fire +
Increase Melee Damage

(Increase AoE being used to avoid penalty from Concentrated effect).

However this setup while doing ungodly AoE damage (for a melee class) cost 67 mana per cast, so I don't use Added Fire and replaced it with Added Quantity (which decrease mana cost to a more sustainable 47 Mana).
Last edited by KrapnoV on Dec 20, 2011, 12:05:58 AM
"
KrapnoV wrote:
As Marauder I went with

Ground Slam +
Increase Area of Effect +
Concentrated Effect +
Added Fire +
Increase Melee Damage

(Increase AoE being used to avoid penalty from Concentrated effect).

However this setup while doing ungodly AoE damage (for a melee class) cost 67 mana per cast, so I don't use Added Fire and replaced it with Added Quantity (which decrease mana cost to a more sustainable 47 Mana).

you should replace added quantity with reduced mana cost (since that gem is now a red)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info