Wither

Is Wither bugged or is Spell Echo not suppose to work with it? GGG pls, these skills are already super clunky to use. Contagion doesn't spread Essence Drain until after the mob dies, so you end up in situations where you're killing blue packs one mob at a time.
I already said my piece on the contagion feedback. I think we all can expect fairly large changes to this and the other 2 new spells.

I also guess that one of the 2 unannounced witch ascension classes will have a ton of chaos based passives that will make these spells actually useful. Considering how OP the announced ones for her and the other classes look to be anyways, these new spells could just be preemptively nerfed to compensate for it.

Basically I would love it if they combined essence drain and contagion, or contagion and wither. 2 spell combo you need to spam repeat > 3 spell combo you need to spam repeat.
"
RubySydell wrote:
I already said my piece on the contagion feedback. I think we all can expect fairly large changes to this and the other 2 new spells.

I also guess that one of the 2 unannounced witch ascension classes will have a ton of chaos based passives that will make these spells actually useful. Considering how OP the announced ones for her and the other classes look to be anyways, these new spells could just be preemptively nerfed to compensate for it.

Basically I would love it if they combined essence drain and contagion, or contagion and wither. 2 spell combo you need to spam repeat > 3 spell combo you need to spam repeat.

Contagion and wither would make some sense, but honestly, Contagion and Essence Drain combined would feel the least clunky.

As it is, Contagion doesn't really do much on it's on. Essence Drain is doing most of the hard work. Might as well put them together. They already feel like a single skill arbitrarily split in to two.
"
RubySydell wrote:

Contagion and wither would make some sense, but honestly, Contagion and Essence Drain combined would feel the least clunky.

As it is, Contagion doesn't really do much on it's on. Essence Drain is doing most of the hard work. Might as well put them together. They already feel like a single skill arbitrarily split in to two.
Got about the same feeling, the skills combined work well if you play solo but it just feels like you're pushing more buttons than you really should need. This becomes obvious as soon as you play in a group though, ED just takes to long to cast/travel to be efficient and Contagion just doesn't do enough to be worth it on it's own. Wither just become completely redundant as nothing stays alive long enough to matter (This being on a spell totem casting it).

At the end of the day it feels like ED should have been damage skill that applied contagion based on AOE radius from the impact target and in turn spread ED as it does now on death. Wither can remain it's own skill as it works well on a totem if you need the extra damage/slow.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Hi I just had a question

I assume wither doesn't stack all the way up to 20 without investment in duration and what not.

I was just wondering if there was a way to get a better visual on how many stacks you have on a target. The purple orbs are a bit hard to count.

As far as I could tell it looked to be around 8-10?

Is it just skill duration that increases that or does temporal chains do so as well?

(If I am wrong about it not stacking to 20 please correct me)

Thanks in advance.

...Yeah you're going to need to invest in some Duration and Cast Speed :P

By default, the debuff lasts 2 seconds and you cast four times per second. 2 * 4 = 8 stacks max.
60% Increased Duration from the ID Support: 2 * 1.6 = 3.2 seconds. 3.2 * 4 = 12 stacks max.
50% Increased Cast Speed: 0.25 / (1 + (50/100)) = 0.167
1 / 0.167 = 6 casts per second. 3.2 * 6 = 19 stacks max.

Going beyond that makes it easier to hit 20 stacks, of course. More kiting = less Damage taken, so both more Duration and more Cast Speed help out. Of note: Spell Echo does not apply to channeled Spells, and Wither is channeled.

Temporal Chains of course applies as per usual.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 13, 2015, 8:41:43 AM
"
Jeremyz0r wrote:
Is Wither bugged or is Spell Echo not suppose to work with it? GGG pls, these skills are already super clunky to use. Contagion doesn't spread Essence Drain until after the mob dies, so you end up in situations where you're killing blue packs one mob at a time.

I'm fairly sure this is intended.
Feels really clunky to use with the other chaos spells.

Should have been a curse. Works essentially the same, but instead you decided to play around with a stacking debuff.

I understand the concept, most effective use is spell totem with Wither.
My problem is why are two skills required to make one skill good? (contagion + Wither -> Essence drain)

I had high hopes for the new chaos spells, sadly they are not worth the effort.
I'd rather play any other fire skill with 100% conversion to chaos than these 3 skills.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
^+1
IGN: AuraMeThis
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Consuming Dark/Bino's ED/Contagion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info