[2.3] CoC Cyclone Discharge Trickster! HC/Level 100 Viable!

"
Bonka wrote:
Is this really viable for a new league under the assumption I'll probably never get a Voll's Devotion? I want to play a build such as this, but not if it's going to be too gimpy without the insanely expensive ideal gear.

It is viable even with 4L and blue Vagan Dagger. Lack on defense without the "ideal setup" so viability depends on the decision between HC and SC.

HC is probably better early 60/70 with Bladefall instead of discharge.

Patchnotes for 2.3 did not nerf anything except agains lower Whirling Blades, build itself is still powerful (maybe more with 2 more ascendancy points where you can get auto frenzy generator

can be played without Volls, rest of the gear can be garbage (shield like 350ES for 5-10c / helmet with 280ES for 10-20c , boots and gloves also easy to afford, most expensive stuff to start are jewels and rings
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Bonka wrote:
Is this really viable for a new league under the assumption I'll probably never get a Voll's Devotion? I want to play a build such as this, but not if it's going to be too gimpy without the insanely expensive ideal gear.

This build is going to be REALLY good even without a voll's devotion and a 5L voll's. I reached Level 91 with a 5L Voll's, Vagan Dagger (without multi mod), Semi-decent rares.
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
"
Marxone wrote:

It is viable even with 4L and blue Vagan Dagger. Lack on defense without the "ideal setup" so viability depends on the decision between HC and SC.

Patchnotes for 2.3 did not nerf anything except agains lower Whirling Blades, build itself is still powerful (maybe more with 2 more ascendancy points where you can get auto frenzy generator

can be played without Volls, rest of the gear can be garbage (shield like 350ES for 5-10c / helmet with 280ES for 10-20c , boots and gloves also easy to afford, most expensive stuff to start are jewels and rings

Thanks for the responses. I've been skimming over some posts in this thread and haven't come across any recommendations for leveling and when to switch in to this build. Any information would be much appreciated.
How you manage to sustain on maps with high amounts of fire and poison dmg ? Atm on lvl 89 and well feeling that the ES goes down to fast and the "life leech" don`t leech fast enough...
Atm doing the same build the only change is the belt since I can`t affort the headhunter.
What to do with additional ascendancy points?
Nothing seems to benefit this build greatly, is 8% attack speed the way to go?
"
What to do with additional ascendancy points?
Nothing seems to benefit this build greatly, is 8% attack speed the way to go?

Just take two small nodes. We definitely wouldn't benefit from taking Weave the Arcane and Patient Reaper. Taking Swift Killer would mess up EE since you would then be discharging cold damage with frenzy charges.
Question how to lvl whit build?
"
Bonka wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:

Thanks for the responses. I've been skimming over some posts in this thread and haven't come across any recommendations for leveling and when to switch in to this build. Any information would be much appreciated.

Guys like Bakedchicken who usually go CoC Discharge till lvl 100 are leveling with blade vortex, then swapping to blade fall and cycling through these two while leveling 6 discharge gems in weapon offset :)

I find selfcast blade vortex to be fun to level with , 4L just Spell echo (faster cast at 18-38) , Inc Duration (added fire 8-31) and Controlled Destruction. By going through the phys dmg nodes first, then going north for witch AoE (lvl 35ish) , with inc duration and echo you should be able to keep up 8-10 stacks which is enough to oneshot whites and some blue packs. Swapping to CoC probably late 50' after you accumulate enough crit (and most likely if you are gonna play since day 1, i recommend to steal as many free Vagan's as humanly possible at /820 so you can reach lvl 4 vagan usually on day 1 and then hope for dagger so you won't have to buy one.

It's no budget leveling, you don't need anything, Blade vortex or Blade fall does insane dmg if you take those total +90% phys dmg starting nods. You can ditch them later after swapping to Discharge, which you can do usually at merci A2 after getting 6th Power Charge.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Jun 1, 2016, 6:19:22 PM
Should I run warlord's mark or assassin's mark blasphemy if I don't have devotion?

My crit chance in town is 28 atm so I still can die by whirling in middle of blue pack and not critting eventho my hits can't be evaded and I have diamond flask up. Only place on gear seems like rings which as diamonds would raise crit chance about 7% for me.
How much crit should I get before respeccing in next league and where do I get it? Is my current situation enough if I throw one dia ring or two in there?

Also, in what order should you take ascendancies? Skipping the free movement worked kinda fine with mana flask since I didn't want to lose flat 250+ ES. How have others found success? (HC)

I've also noticed that I'm not leeching like at all against bosses. I just ran gorge and the boss didn't give me leech not to mention leech to tank his hits. Yes the leech happened but as I'm watching my blue health in vod I see that it's in hundreds meanwhile boss REALLY hurts. :o
Last edited by KawaiiLoli on Jun 2, 2016, 1:51:56 PM
"
Marxone wrote:

Guys like Bakedchicken who usually go CoC Discharge till lvl 100 are leveling with blade vortex, then swapping to blade fall and cycling through these two while leveling 6 discharge gems in weapon offset :)

I find selfcast blade vortex to be fun to level with , 4L just Spell echo (faster cast at 18-38) , Inc Duration (added fire 8-31) and Controlled Destruction. By going through the phys dmg nodes first, then going north for witch AoE (lvl 35ish) , with inc duration and echo you should be able to keep up 8-10 stacks which is enough to oneshot whites and some blue packs. Swapping to CoC probably late 50' after you accumulate enough crit (and most likely if you are gonna play since day 1, i recommend to steal as many free Vagan's as humanly possible at /820 so you can reach lvl 4 vagan usually on day 1 and then hope for dagger so you won't have to buy one.

It's no budget leveling, you don't need anything, Blade vortex or Blade fall does insane dmg if you take those total +90% phys dmg starting nods. You can ditch them later after swapping to Discharge, which you can do usually at merci A2 after getting 6th Power Charge.

Good information. You mention self-cast in your suggestion. Does that mean that Bakedchicken or others do a different version of bladevortex/bladefall?

How does using coc-cyclone-bv-bladevortex do in early levels? (35+). Is it a valid option to try to level with that or is self -cast the only way to go?
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info