Performance Improvements

"
VarthDaver wrote:
Any chance you can let the client actually load the whole amount into RAM? Those of us with 16/32/64GB ram would likely trade initial load for removing lag.

Otherwise, glad to have the update!

The maximum file size Windows will permit while using Fat32, is 4Gb. This is not specific to GGG.

Perhaps the 64bit based patch will address this but so long as Win XP is heavily represented in the installed user-base, this 4Gb limit will continue to exist.
"
weelamm wrote:
"
VarthDaver wrote:
Any chance you can let the client actually load the whole amount into RAM? Those of us with 16/32/64GB ram would likely trade initial load for removing lag.

The maximum file size Windows will permit while using Fat32, is 4Gb. This is not specific to GGG.

Perhaps the 64bit based patch will address this but so long as Win XP is heavily represented in the installed user-base, this 4Gb limit will continue to exist.
explain please, how fat32 is connected to that issue?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
weelamm wrote:
"
VarthDaver wrote:

You're talking about the wrong subject. FAT32 is a file system, not a memory addressing platform. The only thing that matters is whether the application in question is 32 or 64-bit. If it's 32-bit process, it can address 2GB max, unless it's "large address aware" in which it can address 4GB max.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Chris wrote:

In order to draw an art asset on screen or play a sound, it has to be loaded into memory. Path of Exile has around 7.7gb of assets, and we can only load a subset of them at once. Loading an asset causes the game client to pause while it's being read off the disk. This is what loading screens are for, and there are two types of loading screen that we can load assets at.

I wish there was an option to load everything into memory and completely eliminate loading screens. I recognize that this would not be feasible for everyone, but my rig and a lot of other peoples' rigs could most definitely handle it (16GB ddr 4 ram)
Last edited by Darkfyre on Apr 15, 2016, 11:19:10 AM
God damn GGG is good.

a free game thats a better buy at 40$ than anything on steam,
but you don't have to buy.

why not though? when so many of the games we bought
were not worth what we spent?

watching steam early access... all these developers begging
for cash and offering promises about what will be.

so many take money and provide nothing of value for it.

why work hard when you already got the reward? working hard
would then be the "honest" and morally sound path....

gl finding an EA developer to take it.

since beta GGG has worked the hardest to earn mine and everyones
money... weather they get it or not.

I still believe this company is almost universally unique in
their integrity, and in spite of the obvious and glowing success,
and the fat stacks of money now earned...

I don't think we will see a company like this again.
in spite of the obvious success of the marketing and business plan,
and the potential for fat stacks....

the corps just dont have the spirit, the independents just dont have
the will.

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 6:51:49 PM
Are those dickheads even trying to make their game any playable or for those 5seconds 1fps freezes caused by exile+icenova box the excuse of being ''small indie company having no resources'' is enough?
To the guy that was saying DirectX12 may get released for OS' other then Windows 10, it will never happen. There are several reasons for this 1) They do a lot, I mean a lot of tracking on windows 10 and they want to be able to track as many people as possible. 2) They plan to start pushing Windows Games to make gaming companies release their titles on their platform only, so they can scoop up the market with both Xbox and Windows 10, hence the reason Steam is trying to platform their games on linux and get away from Windows. 3) Windows thinks that they can make cross platforming a realistic thing, even though it has been done before and failed horribly, so by having pc and console on the same framework it will make this a little easier. These I would say are the top 3. P.S. if you have Windows 10 please please google how to turn off the spy settings in Windows 10. Just because you have nothing to hide does not mean that you should give up your right to privacy. Not doing this because you have nothing to hide is like saying you shouldn't be able to say what you want because you have nothing to say. Not sure who said that originally, but credit to them it is a very well thought out statement.

With that being said I would really like to know if Path of Exile is going to be optimized for Linux, so it can be played reliably on SteamOS?
More perfomance boys !!!
I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but, is this update going to address the issues some people have running through a bad gateway causing us to drop randomly?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info