Mechanical Questions Thread

I would very much appreciate a clarification on the bloodlines mod. Is there a mechanic that prevents bloodlines mobs from dropping maps? If that is the case, does it affect the roll-able mod and/or the zana crafted mod.

Maybe it's just bad luck, but after many many maps with the bloodlines mod crafted with zana, I have yet to see a single map drop from the blue mobs in such a map. It also felt like that was the case during the last flashback event when bloodlines were enabled.
can reflected damage be reflected back?
for example, if i hit enemy with hiltless, is it cound as if he hit me? if so, in that moment, will any reflect damage to attackers apply back to him?
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
Heya Mark do you mind giving a little more Insight in how the xblood Nemesis mod work?

From my experience xblood Nemesis mods are based on the Damage of the mob and not on Life BUT
The Extra elemental mods count lets say for example:

Bandit with Iceblood Nemesis Explosion damage is increased by:
Extra Damage
Extra Fire Damage <-
Extra Lightning Damage <-

If I got it right those 2 buff the Explosion damage and why is that?
Extra Damage I can understand because it increases all the damage the mob gives, including the final explosion but why does the other 2 increase the damage? and does that make the explosion cause Ice+Fire+Lightning Damage or it just boosts the Cold Damage?

This gets quite severe in a map like Mao Kun where the xbloods get very scary because the map has almost +200% Extra Lighting Damage even if it's the flameblood it hurts like hell

If I'm mistaken let me know, if I'm right I would like to know the mechanics behind it

PS: The Extra Elemental Damages buffs Physical Attack/Spells of the mobs and not the elemental Damage as I understand it but that mods seems to work diferently.

Thank you,
- Xaneixan
Last edited by Xaneixan on Jun 13, 2016, 10:47:14 AM
How does attack speed and increase duration affect Vaal lightning strike?
If you have endless hunter, the Slayer node

And Atziri's acuities.
If you leech instantly to full health with Acuities
Does the leech that hasn't been happening instantly still continue?
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
"
t3hjs wrote:
So I know things like "Power Charge On Critical Support" and "Smashing Strikes" can only give a maximum of 1 charge per cast or attack, eventhough the cast or attack has multiple hits or is supported by Spell Echo/Multistrike.

But is the chance to gain a charge rolled multiple times? E.g. can you get three 35% rolls on a multistrike attack that crits, since multistrike causes 3 attacks. (Assuming 35% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike from lvl 1 Power Charge on Critical Support)

The wiki says "Only one power charge can be gained per cast. However each critical strike has an independent chance to grant a charge. " which implies there is a way to get multiple rolls.

Lets say you cast lightning strike, and it crits and hits 10 targets. Then for each target, you roll a 35% chance to get a power charge. If you get one though, you cant get another from the others.
"
Shaard wrote:
I sent in a ticket to support thinking this was bugged, but they instead directed me to this topic to solve the issue, so I'm going to post it here and ask for clarification as to what's going on.

Right now I have Piercing Shots notable, as well as the 10% at the start of it's wheel.

I also am using the pierce support gem for another 50% pierce. I am also using a corrupted Drillneck (That still has it's regular implicit) for another 10%

30% = Piercing shots
10% = Piercing shots' starting node
50% = Pierce support gem
10% = Drillneck implicit

However every single bow skill says "90% Chance of projectiles piercing"

I cannot find a reason for it to be missing 10% pierce. I personally think its some kind of bugged interaction as I can't figure out any interaction that could cause me to lose only 10%, but I guess if I was directed here it might just exist.

Note that the drillneck implicit is ARROW pierce chance and not projectile pierce chance. if you look at your character sheet, it will say that "arrows have 100% chance to pierce."
"
diablokiller1 wrote:
Totems have default Placement Speed 0.6s
will this gem reduce it:

no
"
Xitras wrote:
Hi Mark,

I was wondering about some poison mechanics. If I link tornado shot with the poison support gem and greater multiple projectiles, how many poison stacks could theoretically apply? Is it 1 stack for the whole tornado shot hit or is it 1 stack for each arrow from tornado shot that hits the target.

Thank you

One per each arrow that hits the target.
"
BlueSky88 wrote:
Hey mark! I was wondering if the gem 'Physical Projectile Attack Damage' boosts both the initial projectile damage as well as'double dipping' and also boosting the resultant poison damage-the same way that generic'projectile damage' does.

Because it specifies physical projectile attack damage im unsure if this is the case.

Thanks so much for your time!

No, because it's physical

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info