Prophecy as a Core Game Mechanic

"
Deliverme wrote:
PLLLLLLLEASE keep reach as is for legacy purposes, and only change new versions :(
No. Kill it like you killed my Voltaxic. I can't sleep knowing somebody have good legacy bow while my good legacy bow became trash not OP.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
So, can I safely vendor my Reach of the Counsil bought in Prophecy?
It's gonna be worth shit when nerfed for core game.

Also, +1 for daily prophecy quest, like master dailies.
Last edited by Cr4v3n on Aug 10, 2016, 5:51:08 AM
"
Silver coins will be rarer. While we are excited to keep the content, it does not need to be as prominent. So it doesn't overshadow the main game, but is still a part of it, the silver coin drop rate will be substantially lower than during the league.

ahahahahaha, so go go and play the league until it end and farm the hell out of the coins ... WTF ggg
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
GGG talks about "high player engagement" as if it's because of the league. I got some news for you: it's mostly because it's summer. Warbands last summer was way more active (it was a bigger expansion though).

Don't they know better? What the hell.
"
We need to assess the power of the rewards. For example, for Reach of the Council we knew went out with risky balance values. We pushed it a little as we wanted it to be used, but knew if it went out too high it would only be temporary. As part of the core game, this unique heavily distorts bow use. We know we will be changing this item, and we'll need to assess all the Prophecy content for going into the live game.

Just stop doing that, maybe?

The attempts at player retention in the mess that is 2 week trolley dash PoE that GGG created are becoming laughable.

Design content and items for the game, the WHOLE game, calm down with that power creep, stop assisting third parties to make trading far easier than you intended it to be, introduce more restrictions and conditions to trade than mere inconvenience which is removed by third parties, let leagues be ladder and economy resets ONLY differing in that respect, for those who want a ladder and economy reset, they will play them for those reasons.

Watching GGG kill this game from the distance of the 120 month league I started playing, which GGG promptly dropped after a few weeks and moved on to trolley dash game, was agonising.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 10, 2016, 6:08:12 AM
Whelp, no reason to play the rest of the league now since I invested everything around the league themed items that I hoped to bring back to standard. Turns out they will be nerfed and all our work was for fucking nothing...great.
🐢
Poo of Exile new name for this joke of a game. Developers gotta get their shit together. You added a clearly broken bow that shits on any rares and now you're gonna nerf it a few months later? You knew it was too strong from the start.

And adding prophecy permanently will just add another layer of loot and bullshit, you need to remove loot not add more shit.

Every league so far you add some layer of loot, but when was the last time you removed a loot generator? Of course 90% of the uniques are gonna be 1 chaos when there's a unique drop every 10 minutes.
Last edited by 111derivi on Aug 10, 2016, 6:10:40 AM
If there would be possibility of "map only mode" for prophecies and it would be rare, then yes. Prophecy mode might be interesting for long term.

Also, by making prophecies for specific uniques as common as they are/were, it might not ruin the economy that much. Perandus was much more settle in this regard i think (considering the price coin per chaos / exa
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
]We need to assess the power of the rewards. For example, for Reach of the Council we knew went out with risky balance values. We pushed it a little as we wanted it to be used, but knew if it went out too high it would only be temporary. As part of the core game, this unique heavily distorts bow use. We know we will be changing this item, and we'll need to assess all the Prophecy content for going into the live game.

So, does this mean we should expect things to be balanced around standard in the future even though it goes against what GGG has officially posted in the past?

Umm, you do realise that 'standard' is the basis for all leagues yes? So any new league will be standard PLUS whatever else is new for that league. Therefore balancing new drops 'for standard' is in fact balancing for the whole game.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
"
ihasmario wrote:
"
D3izhistory wrote:
"
AgentofStrife wrote:
I think Prophecy is an expansion in and of itself. I'm sure there will be a lot more interesting content released that will compliment it and should be a very exciting addition to the game. I'm hyped!

P.S- Please don't nerf Reach of the Council into oblivion. If you absolutely have to, and it looks like you do, at least make the current version of it as legacy. We worked so hard for this bow and it would be a shame to see it to go to vendor next time we find it because it's extremely nerfed.

imo it should be a hard nerf for ROTC- just move it down to 2 additional arrows or less flat phys, still one of the best out there just not seriously OP

As it's a unique weapon they should simply reduce its phys down, so the point of the bow becomes synergising with LA and TS for the additional arrows.

That's all. Not that hard. Just give it one or two rolls equivalent to T2 so it's bad single target and good aoe.

Who cares lol

So change the item because of two overpowered skills instead of fixing the skills?

Reach makes a lot of the less popular bow skills more viable so surely the answer is obvious? Leave Reach and nerf LA and TS.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info