[2.6 Updated] CwC Poison Bladefall (MoM, Max Block) [Low Budget/HC Viable] [500k Boss DPS]

Yes, Blasphemy and subsequent interaction with Cospri's Will got a hard nerf in 2.6. Glad to see that the Covenant is working well, I figured it would be strong for life-based poison builds.

Additionally, the change to threshold jewels means that the Rallying Cry threshold jewel, Spirited Response, requires less investment on the skill tree. This jewel is very strong on MoM as it allows you to gain some mana based on the damage taken from a hit, before the damage of the hit is actually applied. Essentially, if you have 30% of damage taken from hits gained as mana, you take 30% less damage from sustained damage sources, whereas with normal MoM you only are protected while your mana pool is available. You can achieve this with 2x Spirited Response and 2x Ming's Heart corruptions for 3-6% damage taken gained as mana when hit.
Last edited by SasquatchBrah on Mar 13, 2017, 9:03:37 AM
I've been playing your build with a 6-linked The Covenant and Arctic Amour. Works really well for a high DPS, life focused hybrid build. Destroying Maps, tanking uber lab, making chaos. Thanks.
No problem. I always make a new build for each league and TBH I wish I started with this one instead haha.
Hi,I'm kinda new and have been following your guide. Current level 60 and struggling with my cwc bladefall dps.

May I ask for some tips on gearing/gem setup before being able to equip Ming's Heart/Arakaali's Fang/the Scourge?
Hi, looks nice!

Can you please post an updated level 90 tree for this build?

Would like to try it out with the new Covenant :)
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
SilentParrot, what is your setup? I don't recall having any problems leveling with a tabula. A 4-5L Covenant should do the job too from level 49.

TBH it doesn't matter too much if you're not dealing much DPS at level 60, you should just hop in a lake party and farm til 69.
Last edited by SasquatchBrah on Apr 13, 2017, 2:53:23 PM
Hi SasquatchBrah, thanks for the response. Currently using tabula set-up as prescribed. I swapped for a wand so my bladefall dps got slightly better (in-game info shows ~461 damage per use).

I am ashamed to admit but I am still trying to figure out how equip mods affect bladefall. From what I understand, weapon damage weapon does not affect bladefall because it is a spell, so we only use arakaali's/the scourge for their minion benefits?

[My character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SilentParrot/characters]
NP man. Bladefall is a spell, so it is not affected by mods like "adds lightning damage to attacks." The scourge is used because it allows minion damage to apply to total increased damage, as in it applies to the damage done by your bladefall hit AND the poison caused by that hit. Hence the term "double dipping." That's why The Scourge is a chase unique.

To scale bladefall, you want mods like
increased:
-spell damage
-damage
-physical damage
-area damage
-chaos damage
-damage over time

note that chaos damage and area damage, like increased damage given by The Scourge, will similarly apply to both the initial hit of bladefall and the poison dealt by it. Chaos damage only applies to the chaos portion of the initial hit, whereas physical damage will scale both the physical damage and chaos damage portion as we are converting/adding FROM physical to chaos. So it becomes more effective to get chaos damage once we have some conversion sources for our initial hit.

This, coincidentally, is the reason why Ming's Heart and Atziri's Promise is so powerful - it allows us to double dip our more and increased damage modifiers.
Thanks for taking the time to explain. Much appreciated!
Hi again!

I made a few tweaks and was wondering if they made sense. Sitting currently at 69 in LHC.

I tried playing with the links you had but the build felt really clunky, having to press a lot of buttons to get the most defense out of it.

Currently running with:

Curse on Hit - Reckoning - Enfeeble - Warlord's Mark

and

CWDT 3 - Bone Offering 9 - Immortal Call 5 - Tempest Shield 8

The theory at the moment is that Tempest shield gives +3 block at all levels and Bone Offering 9 gives 29/29. Whenever I get hit I automatically get those two cast if corpses are around, since it's pretty annoying to keep refreshing Tempest Shield after the timer runs out.

The Curse on Hit setup applies whenever I block, so basically every time I block an attack mobs around me get cursed.

I am also wearing

as a way to regenerate life and mana, currently sitting at about 133 life per second. Not sure if I should spec into Vaal Pact or not, as the leech only applies after a block rather than being automatic, if that makes sense.

What do you think about this?

Have the scourge in STD and will test the DPS tonight :)
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Last edited by Darksagex on Apr 18, 2017, 6:44:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info