[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

Hatred won't work with frost sentinels. Its phy to cold conversion. I did some testing on Path of Building Anger isn't that great of a dps boost in a 6L setup it accounted for a 20k dps increase per spectre after all aura nodes and generosity. Haste is a lot better if your not already running that. IF you can run both at the same time then you should.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
Extrema wrote:
"
xxWolf wrote:
after you have done that go to "Configuration", at the top right there you can set the spectre level, which is equal to the map level where you got the spectre (for T16 that would be level 83)

Ahh that is the missing part in my calculations. I was wondering why my damage was so low compared to yours :)

I did notice however that the tooltip health of my zombies was lower with a lvl 2 empower in the vertex mask so sticking with my minion life till i get lvl 3 (empower is also nice for 1% extra phys dmg reduction if you have your chaos golem in there too).

Still loving this build :)

the empower(lvl 3+) gem is meant to replace the fortify gem, not the minion life gem.^^ bu yes, the empower supporting the chaos golem is a nice side effect. :P
"
mattc3303 wrote:
Hatred won't work with frost sentinels. Its phy to cold conversion. I did some testing on Path of Building Anger isn't that great of a dps boost in a 6L setup it accounted for a 20k dps increase per spectre after all aura nodes and generosity. Haste is a lot better if your not already running that. IF you can run both at the same time then you should.

It is actually not conversion, it adds a portion of your physical damage as added cold, but as you stated, it does not work for sentinels, since they do not deal any physical damage. should you use zombies as dps source or physical spectres like for example undying evangelists it is a really great aura.

just checked some numbers in path of building, for me anger is about 8% of my damage (35k dps per fire eater with single target setup), while haste is about 17.5%, so yes haste is more important, but anger is definitely noticeable and the great thing about is it has a huge area of effect thanks to the generosity support, which makes sure all you minions always get the +20% all resist from you commander of darkness node, which prevents them from dying to random elemental burst damage while you are a little further away than usual.
"
NemesoK wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for Cannibals fire-eaters in a magic Shore map (mods: two bosses and +Elemental resist). I cannot find one/spawn one. I am trying since 30 minutes.

How do you do to spawn them ? Any specific mod required ?
Is that possible to replace them by an other spectre for farming guardians/shaper ? The DPS of the Flame sentinels seems too weak for it.

How can we know which kind of killed ennemie could be strong or not as spectre ?

Best regards.

I have done about 20 shores so far and was always able to desecrate fire-eaters there, if the are was not inhabited i guess the chance of getting them there is not 100%, but should still be rly high. however i do not want to make people spend 30 minutes in a map desecrating, if you do not find the right spectre in like 3 minutes do not bother trying any longer, even if you found one after 10 minutes, having to spend 40 minutes to get 4 spectres is absolutely unreasonable.
to add a tip: take you spell echo gem and link it to desecrate while looking for corpses, you will spawn 6 corpses while still only using 1 charge of desecrate. (tbh idk why the skill even has to have charges, would not break anything if they removed that charge system from it...)

You can farm guardians with different spectres, yes, earlier today i farmed some pits of the chimera with flame sentinels (from T9 map) on a 5l, it is definitely doable, yes. for shaper however i would not recommend using sentinels as the fight would take about twice as long, which makes especially the last phase very rippy.

if you want to find out which spectres are good you can ofc check the numbers in path of bbuilding and tinker around with some gem setups, but ultimately you will have to go out there and test them in maps, as path of building does not take AI or mana pools/cooldowns of monster´s abillities into account (if only Stygian Revenants would not spend so much time skittering around... love those guys)
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 15, 2017, 2:52:29 PM
"
Veyzone wrote:
Would you still run anger with frost sentinels?

yes, as there is no good alternative.
Can't wait for PoB to update with the new monsters. There are a few I think have great single target potential.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
Kendo_PoE wrote:
My spectres just got backup : 10 skelemages

The supports for skelemages are pretty much identical to spectres, so I just put them in my 6L.

I'm pretty sure the loss of one multiplier is covered by their dps :)

as mentioned tinker around as you want, if you have more fun with that setup, that is great! i just want to point out one thing: more multipliers synergize extremely well with each other, as they multiply each other, which makes the 5th multiplier much more significant than for example the 2nd or 3rd (which is why 6links are usually such a huge dps increase compared to a 5links), just did some calculations in path of building (yes, i do love that tool) and 10 mage skellies will do about 400k dps in the build, while your spectres loose about that much in total, however for that those 10 skellies need to be up all the time and attacking!
"
mattc3303 wrote:
Can't wait for PoB to update with the new monsters. There are a few I think have great single target potential.

100% agreed. ;)

hi, i was trying to get map level spectre,,
but the map i went in to wont spam flame sentianl.. i got them form enternal lab, and i'm sure map has no any kind of Inhabited mods. any step im doing wrong?
"
I have done about 20 shores so far and was always able to desecrate fire-eaters there, if the are was not inhabited i guess the chance of getting them there is not 100%, but should still be rly high. however i do not want to make people spend 30 minutes in a map desecrating, if you do not find the right spectre in like 3 minutes do not bother trying any longer, even if you found one after 10 minutes, having to spend 40 minutes to get 4 spectres is absolutely unreasonable.
to add a tip: take you spell echo gem and link it to desecrate while looking for corpses, you will spawn 6 corpses while still only using 1 charge of desecrate. (tbh idk why the skill even has to have charges, would not break anything if they removed that charge system from it...)

You can farm guardians with different spectres, yes, earlier today i farmed some pits of the chimera with flame sentinels (from T9 map) on a 5l, it is definitely doable, yes. for shaper however i would not recommend using sentinels as the fight would take about twice as long, which makes especially the last phase very rippy.

if you want to find out which spectres are good you can ofc check the numbers in path of bbuilding and tinker around with some gem setups, but ultimately you will have to go out there and test them in maps, as path of building does not take AI or mana pools/cooldowns of monster´s abillities into account (if only Stygian Revenants would not spend so much time skittering around... love those guys)

Thanks for your answer.
Actually I can spawn Cannibal fire-eaters in a Canyon map easily.
Last edited by NemesoK on Aug 15, 2017, 5:34:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info