[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Since it does seem that the golems fire 3 orbs then go on cooldown, does that make spell echo less useful than originally thought? It sort of depends on whether the spell echo cast counts as a charge against the 3 charge limit. If it doesn't, still an essential gem but if the spell echo cast DOES count against the charge then perhaps a different gem could be subbed in for more damage. Haven't tested but less duration might be interesting to try.

(Edit) Less Duration (and swift affliction) seem to have no effect on golems cooldown.
Last edited by papajohn50 on Jan 4, 2018, 3:50:19 PM
Spell echo doesn't use a second charge for other charged skills (like desecrate)

Anyone want to go do the single golem test?
"
sumfight wrote:
Hey mika2salo, do you plan on going 4 linked AG like you did on your 100 Character you have in standard, or are you gonna run a 2 link of AG this time with some specters?

I've been thinking of running some different ones, as of right now I'm running Flame Sentinels.

Still going back and forth if I want to get a vertex and Rainbow Stride boots too, or just keep elder helm with bones boots.

Hello :)

I have actually been using my Animate Guardian on corrupted Clayshaper for test :

With default gear AG has been tanking up to T15 nicely even without extra defense gems. its doing good work for basically 1 link.

I'm actually running heavily modified max block version with 4x Flame Golems, 3x Tukohama Vanguards and 1x AG. Damage has been great while I take almost no damage while standing right center of Abyss mob. If you like to run something different, you can check my char as its public or use Pob ;)

https://pastebin.com/ZDkU1Gb8

"
Hi,

before all thx for the great guide, is now my main char and i enjoy it very much.
I have only one noob question, maybe already answered, but not find in 177 pages of replies...
why temporal chain on helm enchant and not minions 40% damage? ...i miss something?

Thx for the info mate!!!

"
I'm not an expert on build but am playing it this league. Once you see all the monsters barely moving from 20/20 temp chains + enhance + 20 quality blasphemy + helm enchantment you'll see why.

Hey and thanks for support ^^

Temporal Chains is maybe the best defense in the game, and it should be maxed as soon as possible. The 30% effectiveness raises effect up to -75% and saves 3x skill points from curse effectiveness elsewhere.

For the effect check video below at 0:42 mark. It has same effect on non-boss mobs even in Shaper tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQbWy4GNN0E&feature=youtu.be

"
Since it does seem that the golems fire 3 orbs then go on cooldown, does that make spell echo less useful than originally thought? It sort of depends on whether the spell echo cast counts as a charge against the 3 charge limit. If it doesn't, still an essential gem but if the spell echo cast DOES count against the charge then perhaps a different gem could be subbed in for more damage. Haven't tested but less duration might be interesting to try.

(Edit) Less Duration (and swift affliction) seem to have no effect on golems cooldown.

"
Spell echo doesn't use a second charge for other charged skills (like desecrate)

Anyone want to go do the single golem test?

Hi :)

Spell Echo is actually way better than it was originally. Golems have 3x charges, but echo makes them cast twice per charge so you double the damage. Stacking Harmonies + using Echo is best way to boost Golems damage.

Golems have no duration tag or skill with duration, so they cant be linked with reduced duration or similar. Only way I know to reduce the cooldown is to stack Harmonies.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jan 4, 2018, 5:49:44 PM
Is there a reason why we use Controlled Destruction instead of Elemental Focus?

I can't figure were relying on ignite to do damage and this would give the golems more chance to crit, but this seems like a pretty simple suggestion one which must have been suggest over the 170+ pages.

If anyone could give me a good answer, would be much appreciated.
#NeverGoing90
"
papajohn50 wrote:

You probably missed my original post speculating about this, but I show a gif (Here: https://gfycat.com/ExcitableComplexDungenesscrab ) That demonstrates the effect of Spell Echo. Spell echo makes golems MUCH better since it essentially doubles the available charges, because each double cast only uses one charge.

"
TwistedTrip wrote:

I can't figure were relying on ignite to do damage and this would give the golems more chance to crit, but this seems like a pretty simple suggestion one which must have been suggest over the 170+ pages.

There is a very small difference in them. Ele focus will give more upfront damage, Controlled Destruction will finish off enemies with ignite that you might have left behind. It's personal preference, really. I used both in my version.
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
"
TwistedTrip wrote:

There is a very small difference in them. Ele focus will give more upfront damage, Controlled Destruction will finish off enemies with ignite that you might have left behind. It's personal preference, really. I used both in my version.

Ahh, thanks Shiverwarp! Was a little unsure if I was missing something critical.

Thank you :)
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Jan 4, 2018, 10:02:21 PM
"
TwistedTrip wrote:

"

"
Ahh, thanks Shiverwarp! Was a little unsure if I was missing something critical.

Thank you :)

Yep, cont dest is used to ignite and finish low hp enemies as Golems get about 30% crit chance with power charges up. Ele focus gives bit more damage, but might force Golems to shoot low HP enemies again to finish them.

I prefer Empower as it gives tons of base HP to Golems also, but also mixing both ele focus and cont dest works fine. like said, It's personal preference :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but is there a sizeable difference of damage between necro and elementalist golemancer? Which is more damage?

Necro golemancer will run all golems of the same element, no mixing, correct?

I am thinking of switching to necro just for the better survivability.
As i finally got some luck (got bisco's collar in a vorici daily at lvl 55, sold em for 14.8 ex). So i will give golemancer another try ...

As i never reached endgame in several seasons (essence was first), always stopp around 82-87 as it takes to long to reach higher levels imho ;) so my highest map tier was 10 i think, even never reached lvl 20 for a gem :D

Anyway just a short question about the body armor skin of the loyal, as it isn't possible to change colors later on:

@mika why do you have 2 green sockets in your sotl? Is that intended or just because it was cheaper to get? Slower projectile support seams weird instead of ele focus or cont dest.?!
Additional: Overall it should be 3b 1g 2r? Or 2b 1g 3r? Conc is blue, but fire pen is red.

BTW the gear recommondation is a little bit outdated or not? crystal belt was good, but with the new abyssal slot a new belt should be better imho?! What about any of the new items available?
Last edited by Mydgard6 on Jan 5, 2018, 6:55:49 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Yep, cont dest is used to ignite and finish low hp enemies as Golems get about 30% crit chance with power charges up. Ele focus gives bit more damage, but might force Golems to shoot low HP enemies again to finish them.

I prefer Empower as it gives tons of base HP to Golems also, but also mixing both ele focus and cont dest works fine. like said, It's personal preference :)

Hey Mika2salo,

Thanks for the guide and for the reply, much appreciated. Wow, 30% that's still pretty decent. Hmm, given me something to think about. I might end up using Empower and Cont Destruction, still plenty of time to think on things and test em.

Just leveling up now, rip spec solar guard build heh.
#NeverGoing90

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info