[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

In your leveling guide you say:

"Take Jewel socket below "Necromantic Aegis" with spell damage nodes"

but in PoB and in the linked skill tree you take the attack speed nodes.
"
Lemur_CZ wrote:
Hey, awesomo work on this guide!!

Thanks for support ^^

Took some time to write it, but doing it was very fun. Got lots of helpful feedback from readers that helped me to improve it ;)

"
In your leveling guide you say:

"Take Jewel socket below "Necromantic Aegis" with spell damage nodes"

but in PoB and in the linked skill tree you take the attack speed nodes.

Hey :)

Thanks for the notice! I fixed the part for attack speed nodes. It was left from earlier before using shield charge as movement skill. Now the attack speed boosts shield charge speed quite nicely.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Feb 19, 2018, 6:24:29 AM
"
Hey and glad it helped :)

AGs gear is saved per character. You can take AG gem off, and even vendor the gem and your next AG with same char from new AG gem will have old AGs gear. You need to resummon AG each time you relog back, just like Golems. Easiest is to do it in hideout where there are no other gear on the ground you can animate AG accidentally with.

Thanks for the answer !
A last question : For bosses (75/75/3x spectres/1x AG setup), Do you use the Kaltensoul or a rare shield (with %block chance applied to spells/crit. chance for spells) ?
Hi guys,

i have a small problem. i see in this build 2 types of 6L colors:
- one with 2 blue, 1 green, 3 red
- one with 3 blue, 1 green, 2 red

Which one is the correct one for end game?
cheers
"
Hi guys,

cheers

Hi man !

If I am not wrong, the 3blue setup is better to farm maps with the elemental focus gem. Elemental Equilibrium will decrease the fire resistance to the mobs to 0%, so the fire penetration gem is useless.

The 3Red setup is better for farming bosses. Map farming is slightly slower. You use Fire penetration instead of elemental focus. Personnally I am focusing on bosses and I use the 3Red setup and I destroy everything.
Wait the answer of the OP for confirmation !

Best regards.
Last edited by NemesoK on Feb 20, 2018, 12:12:05 PM
"
NemesoK wrote:
"
Hey and glad it helped :)

AGs gear is saved per character. You can take AG gem off, and even vendor the gem and your next AG with same char from new AG gem will have old AGs gear. You need to resummon AG each time you relog back, just like Golems. Easiest is to do it in hideout where there are no other gear on the ground you can animate AG accidentally with.

Thanks for the answer !
A last question : For bosses (75/75/3x spectres/1x AG setup), Do you use the Kaltensoul or a rare shield (with %block chance applied to spells/crit. chance for spells) ?

Hello :)

I use purely Rathpith or rare Shaped shield with block applied to spells for all content with max block variants. Temporal Chains, kiting and max block give so much defense that over capping resistances is almost never necessary. Crit chance to spells wont really matter as only thing getting the crit bonus without Necro Aegis would be storm burst and it's damage is minimal.

Changing shields is just for default build with Necro Aegis, when trying to keep not maxed minions alive in boss fights.

"
Hi guys,

cheers

"
Hi man !

If I am not wrong, the 3blue setup is better to farm maps with the elemental focus gem. Elemental Equilibrium will decrease the fire resistance to the mobs to 0%, so the fire penetration gem is useless.

The 3Red setup is better for farming bosses. Map farming is slightly slower. You use Fire penetration instead of elemental focus. Personnally I am focusing on bosses and I use the 3Red setup and I destroy everything.
Wait the answer of the OP for confirmation !

Best regards.

Hey :)

As Nemesis said, 3x blue are the best combination for clear-speed and for damage when Elemental Equilibrium is on. However Fire Pene will drop resistance below 0% even when EE is on, so it will always let more damage to penetrate, while not adding "more" damage like Cont Dest does.

I'm quoting myself here a but from Frequently Asked Questions :

Controlled Destruction

Adds more damage to attacks but wont lower enemy resistance at all. If enemy has 50% fire res, only 50% of damage would go through. However Elemental Equilibrium(EE) drops enemies fire res by 50%, so resistance would be 0% and full added damage goes through. However if EE is not up or enemy has 75% or more fire res, only partition of damage would go through.

90% of the mobs have below 50% fire res and EE can drop them to minus resistance, so Controlled Destruction usually gives more damage. If you like active play-style and keep casting totem often you end with much more damage than with Fire Penetration.

Fire Penetration

Doesn't add any more damage to spell, but will let more damage through the resistances. If enemy has 50% fire res and EE is not up, 90% of damage would still go through. If EE is up and fire resistance drops the resistances to 0%, Fire penetration will lower the resistances below 0% to -40% and starts to add damage so it wont go to waste in any case.

If you like passive play-style and don't like casting totem or focus only killing endgame bosses, Fire Penetration can work better than Controlled Destruction.

Cont Dest is best for very active playstyle when you can keep EE up all the time and want to clear as fast as you can.

Fire Pene is for more relaxed playstyle and for when you are focusing on high tier bosses and may not be able to keep EE up all the time as you might have to kite a lot or Totem might get killed before first cast.

There is also 3rd color combination which is great for leveling :
2r2g2b which is using Slower projectiles instead of Cont Dest or Fire Pene. This color combo loses about 20% damage compared to better combinations, but costs 20-30c compared to 4-5 EX of other colors. All content can be don't with 2r2g2b and its the best combo when saving for other gear pieces to maximize EHP (HP + ES), Temporal Chains and minions levels ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Feb 20, 2018, 5:31:27 PM
Mark responded to tomatopotato's post and my findings just now:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/15286078

Seems like they were going to fix it anyway, but it will be a pretty significant hit to the build.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Feb 20, 2018, 6:02:47 PM
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
Mark responded to tomatopotato's post and my findings just now:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/15286078

Seems like they were going to fix it anyway, but it will be a pretty significant hit to the build.

Hey! :)

Nice to see that you were right about the charge based system. I came to that conclusion also, but the cooldown affected by first line also came as bit of surprise. As Mark said, the changes wont be in 3.2.0 patch yet so we have to wait and see how the Golems are fixed.

Most likely the fix wont matter to most Golemancers much as the Golems will kill most enemies before they run out of charges. Also when fighting bosses, Golems move to melee range very fast and start cycling weaker spells, so the cooldown reduction cut wont matter.

If Golems get heavy nerf, I will most likely default the "75%/75% Max Block, 4x Flame Golems, 3x Specters, 1x Animate Guardian" variant. Specters will add huge amount of damage to the build, while Golems will be able to kill 95% of enemies in map with the charges they have before needing to recharge for more.
Last edited by mika2salo on Feb 21, 2018, 10:47:59 AM
My damage is not god in boss. Am I doing something wrong?
Spoiler

My tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAASzCPQNHw18DeIOSBEvEVARlhUnFm8XLxg8GFYYahslG8gc3B0UHaofGCL0KPorCjLROVI8KDwtQYdEBEVHRnFIjkmxS65Ms025UftXyVgHWpFca2BDZlRmnmjyakNqrGvbbAttGW49cg99GH5Zf8aCx4MJg1-DzIRIhWCIQIx2jLGPGo9GkDOTJ5RvmK2bipuhnL6hL6IApqynCKcrqH2qxLB3tAy3Mbc-uJO9J75PvoC-isBmw23K08y8zRbP3dAf04_T-9fP2L3ZW9rd34rhiONq44TpAuq66-7sg-yK74jv6_Af8Yr31_k3-ej60v4K_kk=?accountName=llHugoll&characterName=xXBlackWitcherXx
how can I join the guild? I tried to contact the people in the first post but most of the names are not active.
cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info