NO LONGER MAINTAINED

that honestly sounds more like a spectre build with some skeletons thrown in on the side tba

not a bad idea though. spectres are some chunky dps
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 26, 2017, 7:20:44 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
that honestly sounds more like a spectre build with some skeletons thrown in on the side tba

not a bad idea though. spectres are some chunky dps

Skellys do most of the normal map clear, while spectres do the single target dmg. You could go pure spectre but i didnt want to swap between solar guards and vanguards for normal mapping and boss kills.
So abyssal minion jewels over To Dust Cobalt Jewels?
"
kompaniet wrote:

tought question with my new summoner i went with abyssal ones cuase i'm also having spectres, life + mana + 15-20% minion dmg if you've used a minion skill recently is quite nice, they are also quite cheap for pure skellys to dust might still be the go to.
Last edited by Shareware on Dec 26, 2017, 5:42:33 PM
"
Shareware wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

tought question with my new summoner i went with abyssal ones cuase i'm also having spectres, life + mana + 15-20% minion dmg if you've used a minion skill recently is quite nice, they are also quite cheap for pure skellys to dust might still be the go to.

i noticed your jewels all have +mana too. that's pretty good for mind over matter.
have you considered eb Zo Mom for this build? you can get to 2k es pretty easily which would free up your mana for auras.

just messing around on poe planner / path of building i was able to whip up a similar build as your with 216%life 88% es (not including int) and 6 jewel sockets at level 93

this would allow you to leverage the 400ish es on your chest which combines with a decent es amy , gloves and discipline would give you a base es of around 800 base es scaled up by possibly almost 200% which would put you over 2000 es to use for skills while having 2 - 3 aura to mess around with. then you just use a stone golem to get around 100 flat es regen and then probably another 50 from regen passives.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 27, 2017, 8:45:07 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
have you considered eb Zo Mom for this build? you can get to 2k es pretty easily which would free up your mana for auras.

just messing around on poe planner / path of building i was able to whip up a similar build as your with 216%life 88% es (not including int) and 6 jewel sockets at level 93

this would allow you to leverage the 400ish es on your chest which combines with a decent es amy , gloves and discipline would give you a base es of around 800 base es scaled up by possibly almost 200% which would put you over 2000 es to use for skills while having 2 - 3 aura to mess around with. then you just use a stone golem to get around 100 flat es regen and then probably another 50 from regen passives.

please share the pob link if you have one. sounds interesting.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Not saying its bad, but hell no i dont want to lose all my life reg, have you ever done no regen maps on build like this?
twice actually , i have that 7 aura skele mancer which is currently level 94 and i have a level 68 golem build ( i have the full fire set and the jerky golem skin).

its no where near as bad as you think. it makes running lab a little difficult to be sure. but you can just roll with a few good life flasks and you wont notice. unless you have a shitload of life regen on the tree (which in your case i believe you actually do), the amount of hp/sec you get is ... well it is a pittance

Spoiler

https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAOkACwMAAHHfiukCS64bJdlbbRl9GGvb7IoI9GpDvOpMswQHg9tVxjpYrJjQH-_r99fMvKrEhWBNuUQEIvRsC5Mn74j5N9fPSbF_xsHFiEKCHtsL7BiP-vDVSVGVLgcevoqhL5uhj0anCOvumuBFnVNShTIy0UVHiECmrJAzKpj6gNkLGmw26SSqFm_javrS98HAZgSzogDwHxzcuJMo-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYvfJFOuGmVzWS_o9N448amK3T-xNsBklqrGh02mIYVoPMPC2DX8auxPavpxzOK1ANzf5Urj5nm-RRUEfvDhQgAAAAAAA=

I dont have access to path of building right now. but this is the passive tree i would work from

frankly speaking i do no regen maps all the time , because my build has no regen. es recharges after all. and since i am not even remotely reliant on life regen i never miss it on maps.

and while yes some times you can take a super dangerous hit and lose most of your es. that happened to me .. 3 times leveling from 90 - 94 , none of which resulted in a death simply because my skills cost no mana (skeletons are dirt cheap when you get down to it) and it is is not difficult to get some distance.

wont make a claim that this approach is better, as clearly it does have downsides which you have pointed out. just a thought
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 27, 2017, 11:12:08 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
twice actually , i have that 7 aura skele mancer which is currently level 94 and i have a level 68 golem build ( i have the full fire set and the jerky golem skin).

its no where near as bad as you think. it makes running lab a little difficult to be sure. but you can just roll with a few good life flasks and you wont notice. unless you have a shitload of life regen on the tree (which in your case i believe you actually do), the amount of hp/sec you get is ... well it is a pittance

Spoiler

https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAOkACwMAAHHfiukCS64bJdlbbRl9GGvb7IoI9GpDvOpMswQHg9tVxjpYrJjQH-_r99fMvKrEhWBNuUQEIvRsC5Mn74j5N9fPSbF_xsHFiEKCHtsL7BiP-vDVSVGVLgcevoqhL5uhj0anCOvumuBFnVNShTIy0UVHiECmrJAzKpj6gNkLGmw26SSqFm_javrS98HAZgSzogDwHxzcuJMo-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYvfJFOuGmVzWS_o9N448amK3T-xNsBklqrGh02mIYVoPMPC2DX8auxPavpxzOK1ANzf5Urj5nm-RRUEfvDhQgAAAAAAA=

I dont have access to path of building right now. but this is the passive tree i would work from

frankly speaking i do no regen maps all the time , because my build has no regen. es recharges after all. and since i am not even remotely reliant on life regen i never miss it on maps.

and while yes some times you can take a super dangerous hit and lose most of your es. that happened to me .. 3 times leveling from 90 - 94 , none of which resulted in a death simply because my skills cost no mana (skeletons are dirt cheap when you get down to it) and it is is not difficult to get some distance.

wont make a claim that this approach is better, as clearly it does have downsides which you have pointed out. just a thought

well if there is a mod i reroll on my summoner its no regen, theres nothing more anoying, more dangerous maybe. I just cant see a reason to drop almost 700 Life reg for any aura(s).
Last edited by Shareware on Dec 27, 2017, 11:25:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info